Architect pegs.

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Architect pegs.

Originally Posted by biggy
personally I think they r taking the piss now......even if Fraser has to get an architect to re do the pegs then the people on either side of the plot need to chip in as well....kinda like the dividing fences law
Sorry Biggy, need to go back a few steps as I'm obviously being a divvy. Fraser has bought a block of land and there is a dispute as to where his boundaries are, yes?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:52 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

personally I think they r taking the piss now......even if Fraser has to get an architect to re do the pegs then the people on either side of the plot need to chip in as well....kinda like the dividing fences law
I think they may be there, we found one and we're going to go back and look for the others. One will definitely be gone as the block behind had a slab poured for the backyard and had it ripped up again as it wasn't any good, so that'll probably meen both back ones.

I don't get it surely the fact that there's a house behind and one next to it makes the boundary lines obvious.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:54 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Sorry Biggy, need to go back a few steps as I'm obviously being a divvy. Fraser has bought a block of land and there is a dispute as to where his boundaries are, yes?
No there's no dispute, but the building company are saying thet need official markers before they'll build so they don't run the risk of building on someone elses land, why the hell they can't go by the titles is beyond me.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
No there's no dispute, but the building company are saying thet need official markers before they'll build so they don't run the risk of building on someone elses land, why the hell they can't go by the titles is beyond me.
Well, that was my first thought - why are you paying when the builders (if in any doubt) should be referring to the titles? Our block had four crappy little pegs with bright pink ties and it was built within / along it. (we measured of course, just to make sure we weren't being ripped off!!! )
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:58 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

well mate.....the prob lies with the developers already built they have removed the pegs they r not allowed to do this...if they do then it is up to the surrounding blocks to stump up for the missing pegs

Look really closely they mite b there.

When you bought your land u will have a contour map with measurements on it...take a tape measure with u and check the sizes make sure that the boundaries havent been moved...to ur loss
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:01 am

Well, that was my first thought - why are you paying when the builders (if in any doubt) should be referring to the titles? Our block had four crappy little pegs with bright pink ties and it was built within / along it. (we measured of course, just to make sure we weren't being ripped off!!! )
But those pegs with pink ties are just marking where the architects pegs are, they are practically flush with the ground with the lot number inscribed on them.

She said it's often that they get covered up and we should try and uncover them.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:07 am

well mate.....the prob lies with the developers already built they have removed the pegs they r not allowed to do this...if they do then it is up to the surrounding blocks to stump up for the missing pegs

Look really closely they mite b there.

When you bought your land u will have a contour map with measurements on it...take a tape measure with u and check the sizes make sure that the boundaries havent been moved...to ur loss
We did this before settlement it may have been the odd centimetre out but nothing worth moaning about.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:09 am

We did this before settlement it may have been the odd centimetre out but nothing worth moaning about.

well mate if all was done then.................then tell builder or whoever to get f@cked

thats my new saying lol GF!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

But those pegs with pink ties are just marking where the architects pegs are, they are practically flush with the ground with the lot number inscribed on them.

She said it's often that they get covered up and we should try and uncover them.
Ours were sticking up 2 foot from the ground. Sopunds to me like you're being led a song and a dance......
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:14 am

Ours were sticking up 2 foot from the ground. Sopunds to me like you're being led a song and a dance......
Yeah the ones on there have the sticks with white tops and ribbon on and where they enter the ground next to them is square peg with the lot number inscribed on, we've found one of them.

If it were the others there's loads of them round here, I was going to get some tonight and put them in myself.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:15 am

ours had ones 2 foot out the ground but the ones that matter r stoopid wee things behind the longer ones....****** daft if u ask me
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:19 am

well mate if all was done then.................then tell builder or whoever to get f@cked

thats my new saying lol GF!!!!!!!!!!
They say they can't build on it without clear boundarys.

Condition 14 on my contract reads.

Boundary pegs must be present at the commencment of construction work. If the pegs are not eadily identifiable, the builder may charge the cost of a re-establishment survey.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:21 am

They say they can't build on it without clear boundarys.

Condition 14 on my contract reads.

Boundary pegs must be present at the commencment of construction work. If the pegs are not eadily identifiable, the builder may charge the cost of a re-establishment survey.

Yeah ok got you on that...but......when u bought land they were there.sooooooooooooo some ****er has removed them.........probably the adjoining plot owners so why the **** should u pay for them taking them away which btw they aint allowed to do
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:24 am

Yeah ok got you on that...but......when u bought land they were there.sooooooooooooo some ****er has removed them.........probably the adjoining plot owners so why the **** should u pay for them taking them away which btw they aint allowed to do
On the right side we have Simonds display homes two of them, fat chance of getting anything of them and to the rear a half built metricon home and a finished as yet uninhabied house.

I don't fancy my chances much.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

We've just been to tender and we're getting charged $745 because our pegs aren't visible.

I want that job
we move in 2 weeks, decorators wanted 4,000 to paint, we can paint, 4,000to put flooring down thats just labour, David can do that, when he can go self employed guess what hes doing, flooring and tiling, they must be bloody minted what they charge, here is the latest picture, they are just getting ready to block pave.
Attached Thumbnails Architect pegs.-dscn0888.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.