Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Wikiposts

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:36 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Originally Posted by Weebie
Many Australians bought multiple properties at next to nothing prices. You really haev little understanding of the wealth that many citizens of this country possess
When I bought my first flat in Ealing in 1990 it was a brand new block. One bloke bought 4 of the flats in the block. He still has those today. Those 4 flats are now worth 1.5m GBP more collectively today than in 1990. These things happen all over the world, it isn't restricted to Australia.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
When I bought my first flat in Ealing in 1990 it was a brand new block. One bloke bought 4 of the flats in the block. He still has those today. Those 4 flats are now worth 1.5m GBP more collectively today than in 1990. These things happen all over the world, it isn't restricted to Australia.
Northernbird - 10,400 posts. Goddamn!!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:46 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itxrd
Northernbird - 10,400 posts. Goddamn!!
I don't have a life beyond BE I am afraid. I am a sad, fat, lonely middle aged housewife who has nothing better to do than defend Australia from the likes of Weebie!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:49 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a life beyond BE I am afraid. )
Liar! you have FB!!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by hevs
Liar! you have FB!!
Ok so I have a double life
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:52 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah but Austalia was too cheap for too long. Hence only reccently many people were still able to make do well in this country which they couldn't now.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:36 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a life beyond BE I am afraid. I am a sad, fat, lonely middle aged housewife who has nothing better to do than defend Australia from the likes of Weebie!
You're me, and I don't even have that many posts!

(And I take umbrage at the above, you're not sad )
Old Jan 4th 2011, 5:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
We earn nearly 1/2 that and manage.....
I'd be a very happy bunny if we were bringing in $80k.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:30 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Many Australians bought multiple properties at next to nothing prices. You really haev little understanding of the wealth that many citizens of this country possess
You must move in different circles to me is all I can say and are bitter that you missed out on buying these multiple properties at "bargain basement" prices, the people I know except maybe one or two, have a mortgage on the home they live in........
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:47 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Some houses were only 50-60k ten years ago. Many people in this country posess as much as 5-10 houses. And that's a reason why it can be expensive to buy with limited supply at times.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:57 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Some houses were only 50-60k ten years ago. Many people in this country posess as much as 5-10 houses. And that's a reason why it can be expensive to buy with limited supply at times.
Are we living in the same country?

Where on earth could you buy a house for $50,000 10 years ago? The Simpson Desert?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:17 pm
Love Machine

lumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of light

I think after reading the threads on here i will not be moving to Australia anytime soon.

It is a complete rip off and I would prefer to keep my good standard of living instead of scrimping and living on rice for the rest of my life.

Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:18 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by lumpommer
I think after reading the threads on here i will not be moving to Australia anytime soon.

It is a complete rip off and I would prefer to keep my good standard of life instead of scrimping and living on rice for the rest of my life.

rice, luxury
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:21 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

rice, luxury
lovely with kangaroo though....
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:22 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
lovely with kangaroo though....
Still don't beat pudding, chips and peas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.