Reload this Page >

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:01 am
Heading to Brisbane

snoopyntommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Originally Posted by glennicola
Hi, just applied for paperwork last week through an agent, not lodged yet, we live in Dundonald, hoping to arrive sometime next Feb, fingers crossed. Wanting to go to Brisbane, with OH and 2 kids. Hoping it wont take forever. Great forum bye the way
Hi Glenicola! If your aiming at feb 2008 that will be fast, but go for it! I just got my PR visa today and we are hopefully heading to Brisbane with 2 kids! We are in N'ards but OH (boss!!) from Dundonald ....Welcome to the "...get us out of here!" lot!!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:08 am
Just Joined

morgan2799 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone

sorry to but in i moved to perth 6 weeks ago with my husband and 2 girls (5,8) we currently live nor we moved from newtownabbey good to here so many people coming over.

stephanie
xx
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

Hi all

Just seen this thread, originally from Lisburn been in Melbourne for about 5 months, and struggling a bit, hopefully things will get better soon, my Aussie wife and me are not sure if we made the right decision heading back to Oz, as we both sort of wanted to move to Belguim as we love it there, so might not be in Melbourne for much longer
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:16 am
Just Joined

tommo570 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm English and my hubby is from N Ireland (Glengormley). We moved to South Australia in January 2007 with our 12 yr old daughter. It would be great to meet up with some of his fellow countrymen and if you have any questions about SA, feel free to ask and we'll try to help.

By the way, we love it here, especially now that summer's arrived!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tommo570
I'm English and my hubby is from N Ireland (Glengormley). We moved to South Australia in January 2007 with our 12 yr old daughter. It would be great to meet up with some of his fellow countrymen and if you have any questions about SA, feel free to ask and we'll try to help.

Hi tommoe570,

can you tell me how your 12 year old is getting on? It's just I have one also and she so does NOT want to go I'd be interested to hear how she is getting on and if she made friends easlity enough, etc.

Glad you are well settled. We are awaiting pre-ack at the minute and it's slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........... .................................................. .................................................. ..............

Lynn xx
Old Dec 10th 2007, 1:37 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Hi tommoe570,

can you tell me how your 12 year old is getting on? It's just I have one also and she so does NOT want to go I'd be interested to hear how she is getting on and if she made friends easlity enough, etc.

Glad you are well settled. We are awaiting pre-ack at the minute and it's slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........... .................................................. .................................................. ..............

Lynn xx
Hi

Lynn shes 12 , she doesnt get an opinion. In 6 years she can come back under her own steam.

However I know its not that easy but best of luck.

z
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys,
Where abouts in south australia are you? we (me, the OH and 2yr old son) are hoping to move out there in April/May next year all being well
Quick question - where did you stay when you first arrived in SA? Did you have a rental pre-arranged or did you just stay in a hotel for the first few weeks?
Glad you are enjoying it - we can't wait to get out especially as the weather has been so dreadful here lately

All the best,
Sinead
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:28 am
Just Joined

tommo570 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our daughter has settled in at school really well and made lots of new friends. She says that the kids here aren't as 'clicky' as they were back home and they all just muck in together so no one's left out.

When we first got here we lived in a rental (no animals allowed in a lot of them - for those of you bringing pets). We signed a 12 month lease, even though we knew we'd be looking to buy a house, so when we handed our notice in to the Landlord a few months later, we were a bit shocked to find out that we had to keep paying full rent until they found a new tenant! We didn't know about this rule and weren't made aware of it when signing on the dotted line.

We're living in the Greenwith/Golden Grove area. We're about half an hours drive from the beach and 40-60 mins drive away from the city, depending on traffic. We're not out in the sticks here by any means but we spotted a kangaroo tonight while walking the dog!

If you want any more info just ask either on the thread or you can PM me.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Our daughter has settled in at school really well and made lots of new friends. She says that the kids here aren't as 'clicky' as they were back home and they all just muck in together so no one's left out.

When we first got here we lived in a rental (no animals allowed in a lot of them - for those of you bringing pets). We signed a 12 month lease, even though we knew we'd be looking to buy a house, so when we handed our notice in to the Landlord a few months later, we were a bit shocked to find out that we had to keep paying full rent until they found a new tenant! We didn't know about this rule and weren't made aware of it when signing on the dotted line.

We're living in the Greenwith/Golden Grove area. We're about half an hours drive from the beach and 40-60 mins drive away from the city, depending on traffic. We're not out in the sticks here by any means but we spotted a kangaroo tonight while walking the dog!

If you want any more info just ask either on the thread or you can PM me.
Hi,
Thanks for the info - I have sent you a PM

Cheers,
Sinead
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi All

This thread has been very quiet lately. Any northern Ireland people out there?

We had our medicals today with a Dr Mcmaster in Coleraine and had our Xrays last Tuesday in coleraine as well.

The Doctor was very throrough and very pleasent.

We are still waiting on a case officer but hoping to hear something very soon.

Get some more posts on this thread seems very quiet.

NADINE
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

the4macs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi All

This thread has been very quiet lately. Any northern Ireland people out there?

We had our medicals today with a Dr Mcmaster in Coleraine and had our Xrays last Tuesday in coleraine as well.

The Doctor was very throrough and very pleasent.

We are still waiting on a case officer but hoping to hear something very soon.

Get some more posts on this thread seems very quiet.

NADINE
yes we are still here
i thought everyone had left for oz and forgot to say goodbye to us.
we are still waiting case officer was appointed to us in November and really thought we would of had some news by now
We are good to go when its granted as the house was completed last friday and i finished work at Christmas [ OH still slogging it out]
Glad to hear the medicals went well for you, and hopefully you will be ranted a case officer real soon.
Great to see the thread back up and running
Andrea
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by the4macs
yes we are still here
i thought everyone had left for oz and forgot to say goodbye to us.
we are still waiting case officer was appointed to us in November and really thought we would of had some news by now
We are good to go when its granted as the house was completed last friday and i finished work at Christmas [ OH still slogging it out]
Glad to hear the medicals went well for you, and hopefully you will be ranted a case officer real soon.
Great to see the thread back up and running
Andrea
hi all

unfortunatley we're still here as well

oh did vetassess practical in december but failed next one isn't until april so hopefully we will be lodging visa in may.

have many of you put your house up before getting visa?
did you get what your hoping for?
i'm afraid of the prices going down before we sell
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by camacazi
hi all

unfortunatley we're still here as well

oh did vetassess practical in december but failed next one isn't until april so hopefully we will be lodging visa in may.

have many of you put your house up before getting visa?
did you get what your hoping for?
i'm afraid of the prices going down before we sell
We have on house on the market now (been just over a week now), though we will not complete (if we get an offer) until Visa is granted. The market is quite slow not, but it all depends on what we are willing to accept shoudl we be granted the visa and have not sold by then. How much would we be willing to lower the price to ensure we had the cash from the sale before going? Who knows?

Darren
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by aus2be
We have on house on the market now (been just over a week now), though we will not complete (if we get an offer) until Visa is granted. The market is quite slow not, but it all depends on what we are willing to accept shoudl we be granted the visa and have not sold by then. How much would we be willing to lower the price to ensure we had the cash from the sale before going? Who knows?

Darren
good luck
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camacazi
good luck

Hi Camacazi

Thanks for the good luck I have a funny feeling we will be needing as much luck as possible.

We would love to have the house sold by march but I think we are being very optimistic but who knows.

nadine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.