British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone from N Ireland Migrating (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-n-ireland-migrating-478972/)

markandgill Sep 4th 2007 6:13 pm

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Hi New to this site, just wondering if anyone from Northern Ireland is in the process of Migrating to Oz

BoredinBelfast Sep 4th 2007 7:27 pm

Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Hi and welcome to the forum! It's good to see someone else from NI!

Myself and my wife and 2 young kids are (hopefully!) off to Sydney in November from sunny Belfast.

What are your plans - are you at the early stages of the process or nearly ready to go - where are you thinking of going, etc?

Cheers & feel free to PM me.

Tom

elf1978 Sep 4th 2007 7:47 pm

Hi THere,

I am originally from Carrickfergus, but now live in england. Hoping to go to Brisbane in 2008 on a 457 visa, fingers crossed!!!

xx:D

Gonnago Sep 4th 2007 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by elf1978 (Post 5273545)
Hi THere,

I am originally from Carrickfergus, but now live in england. Hoping to go to Brisbane in 2008 on a 457 visa, fingers crossed!!!

xx:D

hello - Dh is from Belfast, been here with us in Essex for 8 years - hoping for Adelaide.

elf1978 Sep 4th 2007 8:02 pm

Hi

We are the other way around, My husband is English, Have two girls, 4 years and 17 months. No job offers as yet but i am still hoping to get sponsored. How about you?

markandgill Sep 4th 2007 8:14 pm

Hi everyone, well we are from Larne and our Visa application was lodged on 17th August, house is currently up for sale with no luck, housing market has slowed down a bit! We are thinking of heading for the Central or Sunshine Coast, we has Bundeberg in mind as the company my husband works for currently has a position available in there plant there, but this will depend on when the visa comes through. Our Migration Lawer hopes for the end of the year but the company wants the position filled by the end of the year. We has a young boy of three so we think this is the right time to go, but its really scary!

elf1978 Sep 4th 2007 8:17 pm

Good luck with selling the house, I am sure it will all fall into place!

h1tvd Sep 7th 2007 1:15 am

Hi

Originally from Ballymena but now here in Brisbane. Nice to see some people from NI moving to OZ.

Good luck guys.

Tracy

the murrays Sep 7th 2007 6:14 am

Originally Posted by markandgill (Post 5273671)
Hi everyone, well we are from Larne and our Visa application was lodged on 17th August, house is currently up for sale with no luck, housing market has slowed down a bit! We are thinking of heading for the Central or Sunshine Coast, we has Bundeberg in mind as the company my husband works for currently has a position available in there plant there, but this will depend on when the visa comes through. Our Migration Lawer hopes for the end of the year but the company wants the position filled by the end of the year. We has a young boy of three so we think this is the right time to go, but its really scary!

hi mark
we are also from n. ireland Portadown area, we are hoping to go to bundaberg also. Have you been there before?

markandgill Sep 8th 2007 11:44 am

Hi there,

We travelled up the east coast from sydney to bundaberg in may this year.....We liked mooloolaba on the sunshine coast as well but really fell in love with Bundaberg straightaway......it is a really nice area and the people were really friendly......we felt at home almost immediately!

Have you been before?

When do you hope to emigrate?

It's great to hear someone else from N.Ireland going to Bundy as well as a few people from the rest of the uk.......I believe you have been in touch with teryna......I think she is hoping to be in bundy at the same time as us.....end of the year or start of next!

It would be good to keep in touch!

Pm or e-mail me anytime

Mark & Gillian

charmed Sep 8th 2007 2:05 pm

Oh this is so scary... Im from Larne also ahhhhhh

My husband is from England and we are on our last legs and nearly ready to go. House sold in 3 viewings and now renting.

We are heading for Perth but it might change if the rite job offer comes in.

markandgill Sep 8th 2007 2:14 pm

Great to hear from some other mad person moving away from Larne!

Unforunatley our house isnt sold yet, we put it up for sale start of July, only had 4 viewers, 3 of which were waist of times! Property market gotten really slow 0 its depressing.

What stage are you at? Our visa application was lodged on 17th August, and we just cant wait to go.

charmed Sep 8th 2007 4:03 pm

Our was lodged in March and our medicals have been sitting in Sydney for 2 months now. They are very slow at the moment due to students visas needing to be done fast. Hope to have medicals through this week or next. Case officer is just waiting on medicals so hope to be in oz Oct/Nov time.

All fingers crossed...:thumbsup:

You always get people who like to have a nosey especially in Larne lol.:D

Elaine & Nigel Sep 9th 2007 6:29 pm

Hi all N.I ppl

We are from Magherafelt (hopefully not for too much longer) hoping to go to Brisbane/Gold Coast depending where hubby gets a job .......he's a baker.

Our timeline is something like this

Visa lodged 3 May
house on market 2nd wk july
ack 26 july
medicals sent 10 august
case worker 31 august

The only thing about the house not being sold is that there is none being sold at the moment tho thats not helping hubby he's pulling out what hair he has left :unsure:

Shanaghy Sep 9th 2007 7:05 pm

Hi all didn't think there was so many from the North leaving myself and OH and three children hoping to be in south australia by July ,August we are from fermanagh.
TRA passed 11/08/07
Visa sent 16/08/07
The waiting has just started:)