Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Originally Posted by millsey
114 rentals in bundaberg area between 250 and 350 on realestate.com
they rent houses on a points system here so you may need refs from the uk
we paid our rent 6 months in advance when we sorted it out from the uk
what work is mark looking for?
heh millsey

Mark is a spark, we have a couple of friends who are doing ref for us, also we still have the brochure for out house being for sale in UK, so other rental we applied for seem to be ok with that, so fingers crossed. will let you know how we get on. I do hope we get it though as it will be one less thing off our mind

Gill
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by markandgill
heh millsey

Mark is a spark, we have a couple of friends who are doing ref for us, also we still have the brochure for out house being for sale in UK, so other rental we applied for seem to be ok with that, so fingers crossed. will let you know how we get on. I do hope we get it though as it will be one less thing off our mind

Gill
Hi Gill,
Hope you have some good luck with the rentals its a bumpy rollacoater when you first arrive a?? We was lucky rented our house from R&W from Uk with no problems but then again we had just purchased a block of land from them.
We rented at Branyan lots of sandflies ther but then again it is close to the river and a creek. They are most active at dusk and dawn and after rain!!
We are livin in avoca now 2 mins down the road from Branyan but no problem with sandflies here everyone has a problem with midges etc at some time here where ever you live. I like it here only 10mins to work for all of us and only 10mins from shops too. Schools not an issue for us as my kids are adults.
I was fed up with traveling to get anywhere in Uk so it suits us just fine. You have to decide what you want plus the taxing of children to consider ive no doubt.
Its good havin a pool isnt it, we have one and its great to be able to jump into when home from work or even before i go to work. It keeps colin busy after work too maintainin lol
anyway good luck
see ya soon maybe
Teryna
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by bundybell
Hi Gill,
Hope you have some good luck with the rentals its a bumpy rollacoater when you first arrive a?? We was lucky rented our house from R&W from Uk with no problems but then again we had just purchased a block of land from them.
We rented at Branyan lots of sandflies ther but then again it is close to the river and a creek. They are most active at dusk and dawn and after rain!!
We are livin in avoca now 2 mins down the road from Branyan but no problem with sandflies here everyone has a problem with midges etc at some time here where ever you live. I like it here only 10mins to work for all of us and only 10mins from shops too. Schools not an issue for us as my kids are adults.
I was fed up with traveling to get anywhere in Uk so it suits us just fine. You have to decide what you want plus the taxing of children to consider ive no doubt.
Its good havin a pool isnt it, we have one and its great to be able to jump into when home from work or even before i go to work. It keeps colin busy after work too maintainin lol
anyway good luck
see ya soon maybe
Teryna
Hey Gill
Wheres your rental then ??
Teryna
Old Apr 4th 2009, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bundybell
Hey Gill
Wheres your rental then ??
Teryna
Hi Teryna

Sorry only getting on now, our interent connection has been really bad at the minute..... We got a rental in Coral Cove, in a place called Robert John Circuit - It is a gated community, so has access to a pool, tennis court and bbq area, to be honest we didnt really want to go as far out as coral cove, we really wanted Bargara, but the estate agent still hadnt got back to us about the Bargara house we applied for, so we accepted this one, it is being built at the minute and will be finished in about 3 weeks, so that suits us ok as we are heading down to Sydney for a couple of weeks to visit family. We will see how we get on, if we feel a bit isolated after our 6 months are us, we will look else where as we will have some rental references by then and it will hopefully be a bit easier to get a rental

Gill
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point

thinking that its been a while since we met i am flexible i know that teryna and ian both do shifts, so if we arrange the next sunday meet around them !

so let us know a suitable time guys !!!!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

thinking that its been a while since we met i am flexible i know that teryna and ian both do shifts, so if we arrange the next sunday meet around them !

Heh Millsey

Havent been able to get on the internet since we have been here, we are staying in the Golf resort in Coral Cove while our house is getting finished and there is no bloomin mobile network!!!! Been driving us insane lol!!!
Mark still has no luck with job so at the minute we are pretty flexible when we can meet up - looking forward to it

Gillian
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough

Hi Millsey,

Ian off for next 3 weekends which is a change!! if anyone is interested we could do a meet at ours....snacks/drinks BYO and plenty of space for kids to play as long as the weather good, let us know ??
Old May 2nd 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

sounds good to me what about you teryna are you available

Originally Posted by Shari68
Hi Millsey,

Ian off for next 3 weekends which is a change!! if anyone is interested we could do a meet at ours....snacks/drinks BYO and plenty of space for kids to play as long as the weather good, let us know ??
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Rosser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone
We arrived hear in Bundy in October 2007, me & the wife, and two of the children they both now go to Bundaberg state high school.
We are originaly from Lancashire in England.
My wife is at Tafe in Bundy and has nearly finished her diploma course in hairdressing, she works at Signature Hair over east near Bundy pies, if any one wants a good hairdresser and a coffee.
We have been busy since we have been here and built two houses
already.

our email is [email protected] if anyone wants a chat or meet up.

Paul , Clair, Jessica, Jacob Rosser.
Old May 3rd 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rosser
Hi Everyone
We arrived hear in Bundy in October 2007, me & the wife, and two of the children they both now go to Bundaberg state high school.
My wife is at Tafe in Bundy and has nearly finished her diploma course in hairdressing, she works at Signature Hair over east near Bundy pies, if any one wants a good hairdresser and a coffee.
already.

Hey Guys,

Welcome to BE, sounds like you have been really busy since arriving! how do you like Bundy?

We are trying to arrange a meet up in the next couple of weeks (see last two posts) so you would be more than welcome (usually on a Sunday) otherwise we normally try to meet on the last Sunday of the month depending on everyones commitments. Otherwise coffee sounds good.
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Hey Guys,

Welcome to BE, sounds like you have been really busy since arriving! how do you like Bundy?

We are trying to arrange a meet up in the next couple of weeks (see last two posts) so you would be more than welcome (usually on a Sunday) otherwise we normally try to meet on the last Sunday of the month depending on everyones commitments. Otherwise coffee sounds good.
Hi Sharon
Very quiet and peaceful here in bundy found it a bit hard to adjust but getting there slowly, the early dark nights, i am not keen on but the kids love it here sent our number to y hubby so y can give us a call if y free to chat sometime. Paul and Clair
Old May 4th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rosser
Hi Everyone
already.

Hi Paul

Welcome to BE, bet you wished you had discovered it sooner lol, We have just arrived in Bundy about 6 weeks ago so just getting to grips with everything, everyone on here has been great, we have been on this forum nearly 2 years!!!!! Cant believe we are finally here. Mark is an electrician, his poor head is pickled at the minute learning stuff to try and get his electrical licence, we have no jobs at the minute - Mark is struggling to find work which is a bit of a worry, no one will take him on without his licence, im hoping someone will give him a break asap as we cant carry on spending or savings!!!!!

Gill
Old May 4th 2009, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Paul

Welcome to BE, bet you wished you had discovered it sooner lol, We have just arrived in Bundy about 6 weeks ago so just getting to grips with everything, everyone on here has been great, we have been on this forum nearly 2 years!!!!! Cant believe we are finally here. Mark is an electrician, his poor head is pickled at the minute learning stuff to try and get his electrical licence, we have no jobs at the minute - Mark is struggling to find work which is a bit of a worry, no one will take him on without his licence, im hoping someone will give him a break asap as we cant carry on spending or savings!!!!!

Gill
Hi Gill & Mark
Yes only just come across this site other day.
Hope y get work soon, has been a bit quiet on the building side for a few months now.
Hope to meet up soon Paul & Clair.
Old May 6th 2009, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

cant do this sunday mothers day
so how about next sunday 17th may
is that cool with everyone

Hi Millsey,

Old May 7th 2009, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

cant do this sunday mothers day
so how about next sunday 17th may
is that cool with everyone
Hi Millsey

Yes thats ok for us

Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.