Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Originally Posted by suesk
Hi Siobhan

How long is a piece of string lol was hoping to go in Jan but decided to wait until we sell house so we can go as a family

Suexx
Sue, sorry your not going to fly with us but glad your staying as family.
You need to push for a sale now then.
At least me and Col will be settled by time you get there and we will be able to help you all settle in too. Then by the time you are settled hopefuly ang and mark will be with us too.
OOO exciting a?
Teryna
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sharron2074
CONGRATULATIONS MILLSEY, what great news!!!
so that's just 2 weeks away, I'll bet it will be a mad panic now to get all those last things done and get to see everyone before you leave.

Will you be flying into Bundy? if you are, depending on the time of day I may be able to meet you at the airport (we have a 7 seater car). Let me know if there is anyway I can help you. Looking forward to meeting you.

Sharron
we are flying into brisbane and have a hire car waiting
but we may inlist your help with inspecting a property if you are willing
Old Nov 13th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sharron2074
Hello Sue, do you already have your visa?
Will be great to meet you once you get here.

I can't believe how many people are heading to the Bundy area, we'll have our own little expats community

Hello everyone
Sharron
Hi Sharron

Yes we had our visa last Wednesday. Just gotta sell house now and we will join you cant bloody wait.

Originally Posted by bundybell
Sue, sorry your not going to fly with us but glad your staying as family.
You need to push for a sale now then.
At least me and Col will be settled by time you get there and we will be able to help you all settle in too. Then by the time you are settled hopefuly ang and mark will be with us too.
OOO exciting a?
Teryna
I know i chickened out of coming over with just me and the girls think i thought i was brave lol obviously im not. See you sunday

Suexx
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by millsey
woo hoo

just got in from work got my VISA

leaving on 27th november

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Hi All,

A big CONGRATULATIONS to milsey

Hope everything goes well for you and you nget settled in fine.......i'm sure you will.......it's a great place.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

sharron2074 is an unknown quantity at this point

we are flying into brisbane and have a hire car waiting
but we may inlist your help with inspecting a property if you are willing

Yes that will be fine, just let me know.
If there is anything else, just let me know.

Sharron
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

sharron2074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suesk
Hi Sharron

Yes we had our visa last Wednesday. Just gotta sell house now and we will join you cant bloody wait.

I know i chickened out of coming over with just me and the girls think i thought i was brave lol obviously im not. See you sunday

Suexx

CONGRATULATIONS exciting is n't it , hang in there all you who are still waiting for visas, it is very stressful waiting but keep hopefull, the wait will be so worth it once you get here.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone

just sorted out a rental in coral cove
got our visa's this week
thought i'd let you all know that i am doing the lottery this week so the way my luck is going save yourself a pound !!!!!!

good luck to everyone waiting
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Hi everyone

just sorted out a rental in coral cove
got our visa's this week
thought i'd let you all know that i am doing the lottery this week so the way my luck is going save yourself a pound !!!!!!

good luck to everyone waiting
well done i bet you are so excited and cant wait to get there now a?
you lucky thing leaving this b....y cold country behind.
good luck with the lottery didnt work for us when we had our visa granted.
im of work this week and jut off to the Drs feeling really unwell cant sleep, shivering my nose is red enough for me to give rudolph a run for his money!
Hoping dr will presribe me something but will most likely say its viral!
Also im hoping he will give me a sick note for next week as im supposed to be back in on nights sunday yuk.
im hoping these kinds of colds will be a thing of the past once we get to Bundy.
cheers
Teryna
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bundybell
well done i bet you are so excited and cant wait to get there now a?
you lucky thing leaving this b....y cold country behind.
good luck with the lottery didnt work for us when we had our visa granted.
im of work this week and jut off to the Drs feeling really unwell cant sleep, shivering my nose is red enough for me to give rudolph a run for his money!
Hoping dr will presribe me something but will most likely say its viral!
Also im hoping he will give me a sick note for next week as im supposed to be back in on nights sunday yuk.
im hoping these kinds of colds will be a thing of the past once we get to Bundy.
cheers
Teryna
well it wasnt viral and im on antibiotics and he has signed me off sick for a week.
his wife is a nurse too so was very sympathetic to me.
Teryna
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Hi all,

Not been on for a while....had a hiccup in the job front but, all sorted now, things going to plan just a delay on the Australia side. Looks like we won't be heading out till probably March due to the delay. That will give us more time to sell the house I hope!!

Getting quite excited especially getting away from this 'english weather'

Hope you feeling better Teryna! I've just started with a bad chest...voice is going slowly!! kids loved it in school this moring.....but, the whilstle comes in handy sometimes!!!

How are things going with you Siobhan and Gill??

Shari
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Shari,
Im feeling a little better today thankyou. still constantly blowing my nose though!! and all ive done is eat and sleep.
I think it must be the low after the high of getting our visa granted.
What was the hiccup with the job??
I havent had replies from 2 emails ive sent to my future boss, bit worrying really. Its 7 weeks tomorrow til we leave.
Hubby rang about a job yesterday that or friends out there has sourced,its fitting solar panels.
The firm is on holiday from end of this month and will be back to work on the 14th Jan, nice long christmas holiday a?.They told OH to ring them then and they will arrange an interview,quite handy as we land on the 10th. Fingers crossed.
Good idea aiming for March Shari you should have sold house by then and me & Colin will be there to greet you off the plane or car which ever way you arrive.
Me and Colin will have both finished work by the 14th dec perhaps we can arrange a meet before we fly. Would be nice to put a face to a name plus i will know who im looking for at the airport a We could meet half way somewhere perhaps?
Cheers
Teryna
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

is your husband a plumber
as i have also been looking into fitting solar panels
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

O no hubby is a manager and has been for the last 17 years!!
No plumbing involved its just fixing the panels ready for plumbing in i think. Mind you perhaps they will want him to train? He will know more when we get there.
Theres a firm called Biga.The Wide Bay branch is in Bundaberg, we visited them when we was in Bundy in Feb.They offer apprenticeships etc in trades. take a look at their website and contact them they may be able to help.
http://www.bacas.com.au
Teryna
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

Things are ok here with us, just a bit fed up at the minute, at least something is happening with the August applications they are getting pre ack, there are people thats applications were lodged on 16th and they have received a pre ack, so hopefully we will get ours in a couple of days, fingers crossed anyway! Cant wait until we are in the position that most of you are in now, and get some planning done.

Gillian and Mark
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi everyone

Things are ok here with us, just a bit fed up at the minute, at least something is happening with the August applications they are getting pre ack, there are people thats applications were lodged on 16th and they have received a pre ack, so hopefully we will get ours in a couple of days, fingers crossed anyway! Cant wait until we are in the position that most of you are in now, and get some planning done.

Gillian and Mark
wont be long now hang on in there. frustrating time i know but you will get there dont worry
Teryna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.