Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

it sure is you must be lookin forward to that 80 mile round trip evry day .............................not
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:14 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannash
it sure is you must be lookin forward to that 80 mile round trip evry day .............................not
It's rubbish...and fuels going back up too, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH :curse:
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

no word about your vise then
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:17 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannash
no word about your vise then
Well no, not my 175, but now that the OH and I have been together over 12 months (nearly 18 months now) we're both on his ENS 120 application so, fingers crossed!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

milli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

I posted on here some time ago when I hadn't applied yet. I was out in Oz in the summer and left my application in the hands of an immigration lawyer. They have just asked me for the employer reference and police checks so I am not sure whether the application has gone in yet. I am for a sponsered 176. Anyone got a clue how long these are taking these days?
I did my IELTS in Queens in Sept and all fine.

My sister has just bought me a house in Brisbane. Woo hoo. Lets hope I get a visa lol

Millie
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:40 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Finally made it to Oz, moved to Toowoomba in QLD on Saturday, and so far, so good! How's everyone else doing?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Finally made it to Oz, moved to Toowoomba in QLD on Saturday, and so far, so good! How's everyone else doing?

Good luck with your new life down under, we will be here a year next month and are loving it

Gill
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:23 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by markandgill
Good luck with your new life down under, we will be here a year next month and are loving it

Gill
Brilliant, have you been home yet?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
So jealous!! all the very best for the future x
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:52 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by ajmonty
So jealous!! all the very best for the future x
Thanku, it'll be your turn soon!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:51 am
Just Joined

The Wallaces is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Just wanted to say hi to all of you folks from N.Ireland/ Ireland. We are actually originally from Bangor but moved to Calgary 3 years ago. To cut a long story short I think we are more cut out for the sunshine. 6 months of winter can actually make you long for N.Ireland weather again, if you can believe it

We are heading to Brisbane in June for a holiday/ research trip and we cannot wait.

To all of you already in Aus, jealous, wish I was there, and to those waiting I feel for you, we waited 2.5 years for our Canadian visa and now we are about to start the wait all over again

Cheers
Karen
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:58 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by The Wallaces
Just wanted to say hi to all of you folks from N.Ireland/ Ireland. We are actually originally from Bangor but moved to Calgary 3 years ago. To cut a long story short I think we are more cut out for the sunshine. 6 months of winter can actually make you long for N.Ireland weather again, if you can believe it

We are heading to Brisbane in June for a holiday/ research trip and we cannot wait.

To all of you already in Aus, jealous, wish I was there, and to those waiting I feel for you, we waited 2.5 years for our Canadian visa and now we are about to start the wait all over again

Cheers
Karen
All the best, Karen, keep us posted on your progress, we arrived in Australia last saturday!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Hello all

Thanks Jen for resurrecting this thread, hope you are getting on well in your new home!

We've just had our visa granted so are very excited and are now trying to focus on what we need to do next.

Ultimately we want to be out there by September as I have been lucky enough to get a job and my employers are holding the job open for me. My brother is getting married in August so no point in going before that as it would break my heart to miss that.

We've got an estate agent friend coming on Wednesday so hopefully get the house on the market soon... we wanted to have it on the market earlier, but you know how things are, needed stuff done round the house etc.

One thing I am going to be looking into soon is shipping, can anyone recommend who they used?

Can't believe I don't need to use the immigration forum on here anymore!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by itsmylife
Hello all

Thanks Jen for resurrecting this thread, hope you are getting on well in your new home!

We've just had our visa granted so are very excited and are now trying to focus on what we need to do next.

Ultimately we want to be out there by September as I have been lucky enough to get a job and my employers are holding the job open for me. My brother is getting married in August so no point in going before that as it would break my heart to miss that.

We've got an estate agent friend coming on Wednesday so hopefully get the house on the market soon... we wanted to have it on the market earlier, but you know how things are, needed stuff done round the house etc.

One thing I am going to be looking into soon is shipping, can anyone recommend who they used?

Can't believe I don't need to use the immigration forum on here anymore!
hi, congrats on the visa we used browns from belfast, they where very good!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 10:23 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well done itsmylife, we used Pickfords, but only because the OH's employer paid for them, so far so good, but then again we still haven't got our stuff yet, so can only comment on the packing process!

All the best and keep us posted,

Jen xo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.