Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:25 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by debandp
Hi
We've just sold our house so hopefully the market picking up for all those looking to go. OH has also landed a job so pinching ourselves incase its not real. Booking tickets for mid September, cant wait ,its been a long slog. Best
of luck to everyone x Deborah.
Excellent stuff! It's all becoming real now! WOO HOO!
Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys,

I'm back here again , I was posting here last Feb or so... things got put on hold for us, mostly due to my working hours being a bit iffy to meet the 20 hours requirements after maternity leave and some sickness, and lack of money... So I got my head down and have worked at least 20 hours a week for the last year and a half, unfortunately DH was made redundant in January, but has been back in work since June, so we are now finally in a situation to start applications again.

as a result of these delays I now have to sit the IELTS Academic exam for my nursing skills assessment. I was shocked to discover that the one at Queens is booked up until October, so have applied for one in Dublin, which should be the end of August/ start of September.

We are keen to be out in Australia by January 2011 as our little boy will be turning 5 in the March and don't really want to start him in Primary School here for a short time and then take him away from his friends...

Looking forward to hearing how you are all getting along!

angela
Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:46 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itsmylife
Hi Guys,

I'm back here again , I was posting here last Feb or so... things got put on hold for us, mostly due to my working hours being a bit iffy to meet the 20 hours requirements after maternity leave and some sickness, and lack of money... So I got my head down and have worked at least 20 hours a week for the last year and a half, unfortunately DH was made redundant in January, but has been back in work since June, so we are now finally in a situation to start applications again.

as a result of these delays I now have to sit the IELTS Academic exam for my nursing skills assessment. I was shocked to discover that the one at Queens is booked up until October, so have applied for one in Dublin, which should be the end of August/ start of September.

We are keen to be out in Australia by January 2011 as our little boy will be turning 5 in the March and don't really want to start him in Primary School here for a short time and then take him away from his friends...

Looking forward to hearing how you are all getting along!

angela
I'd to do my IELTS in Dublin too, I ended up staying down the night before in a hotel within spitting distance (nice term eh, but it was) of the actual exam centre, so was able to just leave my car @ the hotel and walk over....

If you require the details of this hotel etc, PM me...

Jen xo
Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Hi Jen,

Thanks Its so much more expensive doing it that way isn't it? Think it was £165 for my test Ooh I will pm you about the hotel, I was thinking of staying in the UCD halls as they are only £20 per night and it will be just me staying, no point in trailing the rest of them round Dublin with me! Though that will only work if I get the August test instead of the September one!!!! I'll be getting the train or the bus down as I am currently learning to drive. I'm dreading this blooming test, I've ordered a study book from Amazon, its been so long since I have done a written exam!
Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by debandp
Hi
We've just sold our house so hopefully the market picking up for all those looking to go. OH has also landed a job so pinching ourselves incase its not real. Booking tickets for mid September, cant wait ,its been a long slog. Best
of luck to everyone x Deborah.
Lucky you! I'm sooo jealous! Let us know how you get on.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:14 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by ajmonty
Lucky you! I'm sooo jealous! Let us know how you get on.
How are you getting on yourself, any progress on things? Have you put your house on the market yet!?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 1:12 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hannash
im just fed up hibernating for 6 months of the year and constantly keeping young ones indoors out of rain even when the summer months do come its weekends only ,in aus you are outdoors far more and not being restricted by whether and weekends then you do go somewhere for that particular sat or sun the whole norn iron in the same place ,or am i just thinking this??????
Your right, but OZ is a huge country stetching from the equator down to the colder Antartic end so different parts of the country have different climates, In the southern part in does get cold and wet during winter, but its no where near as bad as the UK.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
How are you getting on yourself, any progress on things? Have you put your house on the market yet!?
Hi Jen

Nothing happening at all, I really dont expect to hear anything this year. Status on application hasnt changed in fact i can still go in and attach documents almost 4 mths after lodging application. We have just put it to the back of our mind, how about you?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:34 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by ajmonty
Hi Jen

Nothing happening at all, I really dont expect to hear anything this year. Status on application hasnt changed in fact i can still go in and attach documents almost 4 mths after lodging application. We have just put it to the back of our mind, how about you?
Same lol
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:22 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Thought this thread would be on pass the parcel
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:25 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Eh!? Get out, ur not from Norn Irn! LOL
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:26 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Here I could be your da, but the dog beat me up dem stairs....

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:49 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Thought I'd bump up this thread to see if any current/new members hail from Sunny Norn Irn and are making or about to make the big mooooooove....
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there jen hows it goin ?nah its gettin worse if you must know we were on the verge of going on the 176 s/sponsored band wagon and then decided we just might sit it out for another while apparently a lot of people were told visas approved ready to go house sold children said good byes furniture on a boat then to be told your of the s sponsored list also ,if that was me id crack up
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:11 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by hannash
hey there jen hows it goin ?nah its gettin worse if you must know we were on the verge of going on the 176 s/sponsored band wagon and then decided we just might sit it out for another while apparently a lot of people were told visas approved ready to go house sold children said good byes furniture on a boat then to be told your of the s sponsored list also ,if that was me id crack up
Yeah, it's crap isn't it! If you ask me, the new rules should only apply to new applicants, those already lodged should be processed under the rules that were applicable at the time they applied! Really wish DIAC would stop changing the goalposts, it's a bloody joke!

On a lighter note, I'm on the wine after a really long week, boys a dear it's getting cowl out there, Autumn is upon us eh, GRRR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.