Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by moe
Hi no not melanie, its caroline and gary!

good to hear from u
Oops! sorry , I just heard the other day that a girl I know is thinking of moving here and their occupations are the same

Anyway, welcome to the mad house!!! Where in Bangor do you live? We're from there too but lived in Newtownards prior to moving to Oz. I worked in Bangor Jobcentre up until last Septemeber. Been here 9 months now, love it - just started work today What part are you thinking of moving to?

Lynn xx
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:06 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Oops! sorry , I just heard the other day that a girl I know is thinking of moving here and their occupations are the same

Anyway, welcome to the mad house!!! Where in Bangor do you live? We're from there too but lived in Newtownards prior to moving to Oz. I worked in Bangor Jobcentre up until last Septemeber. Been here 9 months now, love it - just started work today What part are you thinking of moving to?

Lynn xx
Hope ur first day went well Lynn!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there jen has anyone been in touch with youself regarding your own application ,it seems like everyone has just shut down
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:13 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannash
hey there jen has anyone been in touch with youself regarding your own application ,it seems like everyone has just shut down
Doesn't it just, I feel like shouting 'HELLO, I'M STILL HERE YOU KNOW!!!!' not that anyones gonna listen eh lol
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Hi all I am from just outside Lurgan, Been here for over 4 years on a WHV and then a 457. Finally got my 175 granted on 13th May during a nice warm holiday in the USA then back to slightly cold (but Dry) Sydney only top of 14C today just like a spring day back home.

Good Luck all
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:47 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Hi all I am from just outside Lurgan, Been here for over 4 years on a WHV and then a 457. Finally got my 175 granted on 13th May during a nice warm holiday in the USA then back to slightly cold (but Dry) Sydney only top of 14C today just like a spring day back home.

Good Luck all
Well done on your visa grant, I bet it feels good to finally have PR! WOO HOO!!!! Lurgan eh? We won't hold it against u lol
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there yi girl ye im lurgan to, you should move over its class ,there always wreckin something
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:00 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by hannash
hey there yi girl ye im lurgan to, you should move over its class ,there always wreckin something
haha @ u, ye big ejit ye....rite, time for bed, 5.45 alarm call comes very quickly! Roll on the end of June...no more 80 mile commutes til September, WOO HOO
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:00 pm
moe
Just Joined

moe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lynn, were fom ashbury, near kilmaine primary off the ring road. Its small world. Good to hear from you. Thinking of heading to Perth, originally thought of sydney but need to go where electronics jobs are at mo. Do you miss very much -apart fom the family? its a big undertaking but if we don't do it now we never will I think. Did everything go to plan for you all when you got there?

Glad you first day went well. keep chin up!

Caroline
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moe
Hi Lynn, were fom ashbury, near kilmaine primary off the ring road. Its small world. Good to hear from you. Thinking of heading to Perth, originally thought of sydney but need to go where electronics jobs are at mo. Do you miss very much -apart fom the family? its a big undertaking but if we don't do it now we never will I think. Did everything go to plan for you all when you got there?

Caroline
Hi Caroline, press ahead with your plans, you'll love Australia to be honest I haven't suffered any home sickness at all - don't miss family/friends etc. Did get a bit work sick the other week and not for the jobcentre but just for the work situation but now I've managed to get a job that's rectified. We speak to our families maybe once a week/10 days.

yes all has gone to plan for us - only thing was we thought i would have found work easier, I've been trying since kids went back to school in January. Do you have kids coming with you?

Good luck, Lynn xx
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moe

Caroline
Hi Moe

We are from Marlo, just around the corner! We have applied March 09 for 175 visa. We are practically neighbours
Andrea
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:48 am
moe
Just Joined

Hi Lynn, no kiddies yet. maybe in a few years though. works not great anywhere at mo. but at least youve got something and ur all happy. im working but am looking for new job here too while we get some money together to get behind us before applying. if i could i 'd do it 2moro, but just in case need the money in the bank. and a bit of time to get house sorted. did u use an agent? R you renting or have you bought a house just yet?

Caroline
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:52 am
moe
Just Joined

Hi Andrea, good to hear from you. small world eh? great youve started the process. where r u headn? were keen on perth, mainly cos of engineering for OH. Just hope there are jobs out there. Its a big step. Is your 175 going well? have heard quite a few people are changing their 175 to 176 because of delay in processing?

Caroline
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moe
Hi Andrea, good to hear from you. small world eh? great youve started the process. where r u headn? were keen on perth, mainly cos of engineering for OH. Just hope there are jobs out there. Its a big step. Is your 175 going well? have heard quite a few people are changing their 175 to 176 because of delay in processing?

Caroline
Hi Caroline

Hopefully heading to Melbourne I have a brother and sister there. Have tried for State sponsorship but OH occupation isnt on the list, so we will just have to wait it out or consider another state. On a positive note maybe by the time they start to process 175 not on CSL, the house prices may have risen again.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

debandp will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Hi
We've just sold our house so hopefully the market picking up for all those looking to go. OH has also landed a job so pinching ourselves incase its not real. Booking tickets for mid September, cant wait ,its been a long slog. Best
of luck to everyone x Deborah.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.