Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by itsmylife
Nadine
Yay! At getting assigned a CO! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait until we are in the same position. Hope you managed to get the extra documents together ok.

We have decided to put our house up for sale once we put in our main application, so that will be July. Hopefully the housing market will have improved by then... and we have plans to stay with my parents should the house sell super-quick (imagine how much money you could save with doing that!!!)

hope everyone is getting on well

Angela
Morning Angela

Thanks very much. We are in the middle of getting the extra paper work sorted out............... Damn I get so frustrated with things like this for some reason LOL

We are planning on staying with Darrens mum once we get house sold as well so at least we can have a little extra money for when we go to Aus.

The expo is coming up soon and you know we will all prob be standing beside eachother and not even know it he he he

Nadine
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

yeah I can imagine it gets frustrating... I'm frustrated waiting on my refence cause we are just stuck in limbo! I think when stuff is in your control its ok, but when you need other people to do stuff to enable you to achieve your dream it gets pretty annoying!!!

lol about the expo, you know, we will be the ones who look absolutely wrecked with the platinum blonde toddler, who is dragging us around like a crazy thing, saying hiya and waving to anyone who will listen to him.

Angela
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

lol about the expo, you know, we will be the ones who look absolutely wrecked with the platinum blonde toddler, who is dragging us around like a crazy thing, saying hiya and waving to anyone who will listen to him.

Angela
I will keep an eye out for you and your son What age is he???? Bet he really is dead cute????

What day are you heading to the expo? I know i've prob asked you this before but I have a head like a sieve.

Nadine
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

he is almost 2 (crazy terrible two stage ) We are planning on going on the Saturday as there are some seminars on that will probably be useful to us (the visa application one and the one about getting ready to move), it worked out pretty well that we are both off on annual leave that week so no hassle of trying to get days off etc. I have a head like a sieve too I reckon its due to trying to remember so much stuff!

Angela
Old Feb 12th 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

he is almost 2 (crazy terrible two stage ) We are planning on going on the Saturday as there are some seminars on that will probably be useful to us (the visa application one and the one about getting ready to move), it worked out pretty well that we are both off on annual leave that week so no hassle of trying to get days off etc. I have a head like a sieve too I reckon its due to trying to remember so much stuff!

Angela
Typical 2 year old then LOL I look after a 2 year old and it can be fun and games some days he he.

We are going on the sat as well so I will keep a look out for your wee man. Hopefully he will be grand for you.

Nadine
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Hey Guys

Just wondering how you feel about all the spiders you have to deal with or have you thought about it. Helena runs when she see's a money spider so i can only imagine the fun when she see's her first huntsman
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Still waiting for our Full Ack

Have to keep my options open so off to sit the NICS EOII test today at Stranmillis Have heard it's bloody hard too..............

Lynn xx
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Still waiting for our Full Ack

Have to keep my options open so off to sit the NICS EOII test today at Stranmillis Have heard it's bloody hard too..............

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn

Good luck for the test today. I havent heard any reports on the test but hopefully it wont be to bad.

We have spent the last 3 days getting together the extra documents that the CO has asked for so finally we are ready to send them all off.

At least it has kept us busy

Good luck

Nadine
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Lynne, good luck with the IELTS today

As for the spiders... hate the big ones... not that they scare me, just give me the creeps! my husband saw a huntsman when we were in Oz last year, and I've never seen that boy move so fast as he did to get away from it!!!

Nadine, hope you got the paperwork all sorted

Angela
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Nadine, hope you got the paperwork all sorted

Angela
Morning Angela

We think we have everything sorted and hope to have it emailed today so agent can get it in morning. Hopefully the CO will be happy with us and grant us a visa soon.

Nadine
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:35 am
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey Guys

Just wondering how you feel about all the spiders you have to deal with or have you thought about it. Helena runs when she see's a money spider so i can only imagine the fun when she see's her first huntsman
Our Adrienne says you see them about as often as over here, only they are bigger and badder lol. I guess its something youd get used to with time, but im more worried about the snakes!

ps how is everyone, nadine good luck with the email! and lynn with your test

Denise xx
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Cheers all

Back at work now, test done and dusted

Now back to waiting for Full Ack :curse:

Lynn xx
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi Lynn

Good luck for the test today. I havent heard any reports on the test but hopefully it wont be to bad.

We have spent the last 3 days getting together the extra documents that the CO has asked for so finally we are ready to send them all off.

At least it has kept us busy

Good luck

Nadine
Hi Nadine,

Hope you hear something soon

Helena
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Nadine,

Hope you hear something soon

Helena
Hi Helena

Hows things going for you?

We hope to hear something soon as well.
We called Byron on Tues and had a chat with her about the extra documents that the CO was asking for and she put our minds at ease and made us feel better about things, I even came of the phone feeling positive

We are looking forward to havng a coffee with her when she is over. I think she said on the phone that she was also in Ireland in the next few weeks as well but I dont think there is an Expo she must be calling to the Dublin office.

Good to hear from you.

Nadine

Last edited by aus2be; Feb 14th 2008 at 8:17 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi Helena

Hows things going for you?

We hope to hear something soon as well.
We called Byron on Tues and had a chat with her about the extra documents that the CO was asking for and she put our minds at ease and made us feel better about things, I even came of the phone feeling positive

We are looking forward to havng a coffee with her when she is over. I think she said on the phone that she was also in Ireland in the next few weeks there must be an Expo on somewhere

Good to hear from you.

Nadine
Hi Nadine,

There was an expo late last year that we went to. Haven't heard of anything happening any time soon but you never know. Unfortunatly we won't hear anything for a while I'd say I hate waiting, I hate it Going to NY next month (without OH LOL) so that will take my mind off things for a week anyway Shop til I drop.....(only summer things tho...when we get our visa I want to be prepared ). Are you taking a holiday this year? This will be the first year we haven't had anything organized. This NY trip is my treat for my 40th Bday. God, I am getting to old for all this stress. I am sure I've seen 1 or 2 wrinkles on my forehead that weren't there 4 or 5 months ago

Helena

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.