Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by helena39
Hey Nadine,

There is a panal doc in Mullingar so I think we will go there. I am sure our agent initial said he was the cheapest and he is not to far away about 1 hour drive. We are not organizing them until we get a case officer because as everyone is saying I have no idea how long it will take to sell our house, cars, get Paddy's job and his claim sorted so we want to give ourselves enough time before we have to validate. I do not want to validate because of the expense but hopefully we won't have to. I want to go NOW
We have been watching the revisited WDU that we recorded and it is so depressing

Helena
WDU is def depressing especially when you see them talking about the area that you are considering moving to.

We didnt book our medicals until three months after we lodged visa and we only did that because we felt usually as there was no word from Aus and we only booked them so we would feel we had a bit of control and that we were doing something useful .

Your not making a long drive up to the Belfast Expo are you? Im sure you are prob not going bother especially with the kids in tow.

Nadine
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:32 pm
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by the murrays
hi every one
hope to meet up with everyone at the expo also, kings head sounds good, around what time?
were putting house up for sale next week, Im really worried it will not be all sorted before we go in June. fed up with the news everynight about falling house prices, as someone said its the estate agents getting everyone to reduce prices so they get the sales. Although here in n.ireland peoples wages are not going up to pay the mortgages.
sick of these exchange rates also.
hope everyone gets good news soon regarding visas/house sales
Hey, i started a thread for anyone wanting to meet up its called Belfast Expo Meet (how original lol) If your wanting to meet stick a note on there, i know youve said here already but I thought if i can see who all wants to go in once place I may be able to have a word with getting an area reserved for us!

Your not alone worrying about the house selling, although I steered clear from your regular high street agent and went with re/max as they are all self employed. ie if you want to get paid, get my house sold! Been up for 2 weeks had a viewer and all who is interested, wants a second viewing, praying my leg off they offer as they have come over from England and have already their house sold and exchanged over there. But they are viewing about a million houses its so annoying! But were on the short list apparently. (only been in here a year like and gutted the place theyd be mad if they didnt buy it, we are mad for selling after all we spent, but burns beach is calling lol)

Havent thought of a time yet on 8th, will ask on the other thread see who thinks what!

Denise xxxx
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:34 pm
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by aus2be
WDU is def depressing especially when you see them talking about the area that you are considering moving to.

We didnt book our medicals until three months after we lodged visa and we only did that because we felt usually as there was no word from Aus and we only booked them so we would feel we had a bit of control and that we were doing something useful .

Your not making a long drive up to the Belfast Expo are you? Im sure you are prob not going bother especially with the kids in tow.

Nadine
Hi you guys

Oh god i totally avoid WDU, it makes me ball when they show the videos from back home.....
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dcampbell
Hey, i started a thread for anyone wanting to meet up its called Belfast Expo Meet (how original lol) If your wanting to meet stick a note on there, i know youve said here already but I thought if i can see who all wants to go in once place I may be able to have a word with getting an area reserved for us!

Your not alone worrying about the house selling, although I steered clear from your regular high street agent and went with re/max as they are all self employed. ie if you want to get paid, get my house sold! Been up for 2 weeks had a viewer and all who is interested, wants a second viewing, praying my leg off they offer as they have come over from England and have already their house sold and exchanged over there. But they are viewing about a million houses its so annoying! But were on the short list apparently. (only been in here a year like and gutted the place theyd be mad if they didnt buy it, we are mad for selling after all we spent, but burns beach is calling lol)

Havent thought of a time yet on 8th, will ask on the other thread see who thinks what!

Denise xxxx
Hi Denise

Good luck with the house sale .
We are thinking of giving remax a call to see if they can do anything for us, we have had our house up for sale with hunter campbell since the start of July last year, and havent had a viewer since last week in august last year :curse: apparently there were two different people that viewed it that are interested but cant sell their house.

Gillian
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:44 pm
get me to perth

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Denise

Good luck with the house sale .
We are thinking of giving remax a call to see if they can do anything for us, we have had our house up for sale with hunter campbell since the start of July last year, and havent had a viewer since last week in august last year :curse: apparently there were two different people that viewed it that are interested but cant sell their house.

Gillian
Ring Pat Hunter from Re/Max. I couldnt recommend that woman more, she works morning noon and night and accompanies ALL viewers to your house so she can do what is meant to be done by all estate agents, SELL. You can call her sat and suns, she always returns your calls when she says she will, honestly they are excellent. And she is not in the market for price dropping either! She will tell you a realistic price for the market and tell you to stick to it. They really go mad with your brochure, pics of every room! This week theyve our house in propertynews, propertypal, belfast telegraph, their website and some other magazine in the shops, and they send all your brochures up to their belfast office as well. Pat is from the Larne office too, we live up in Carrickfergus.

Her number is 07921724877. Rant over. (God I should be getting a discount for this). Oh and nearly all the properties that are sitting sold in remax at the moment are hers. She just better do me proud lol

I sold with Hunter Campbell before, they are good too, but I think in this market, a self employed agent is the way to go, after all, the rest of them get a salary and will get paid whether they sell your house of not.

Denise xxx
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Ring Pat Hunter from Re/Max. I couldnt recommend that woman more, she works morning noon and night and accompanies ALL viewers to your house so she can do what is meant to be done by all estate agents, SELL. You can call her sat and suns, she always returns your calls when she says she will, honestly they are excellent. And she is not in the market for price dropping either! She will tell you a realistic price for the market and tell you to stick to it. They really go mad with your brochure, pics of every room! This week theyve our house in propertynews, propertypal, belfast telegraph, their website and some other magazine in the shops, and they send all your brochures up to their belfast office as well. Pat is from the Larne office too, we live up in Carrickfergus.

Her number is 07921724877. Rant over. (God I should be getting a discount for this). Oh and nearly all the properties that are sitting sold in remax at the moment are hers. She just better do me proud lol

I sold with Hunter Campbell before, they are good too, but I think in this market, a self employed agent is the way to go, after all, the rest of them get a salary and will get paid whether they sell your house of not.

Denise xxx
Hi Denise

Thanks for the advice, Marks brother actually sold his house with Pat Hunter last year too and him and his wife had said the same thing, you have just made our minds up about Remax, will definately give her a ring next week.

We bought our house from Hunter Campbell and we thought they were really good and that is why we decided to sell with them again, but I just think they have got too big now, most of the houses around Larne are for sale with them, so they are obviously not actively selling.

Gillian
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:03 pm
get me to perth

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Denise

Thanks for the advice, Marks brother actually sold his house with Pat Hunter last year too and him and his wife had said the same thing, you have just made our minds up about Remax, will definately give her a ring next week.

We bought our house from Hunter Campbell and we thought they were really good and that is why we decided to sell with them again, but I just think they have got too big now, most of the houses around Larne are for sale with them, so they are obviously not actively selling.

Gillian
I like Pat because if you have any probs or queries, she doesnt make you feel like you are a total pain in the arse. And the way I see it, she works really hard for that commission, and deserves it. I dont see the point in sticking the guts of 3k into the pockets of someone who will not do half the work she does. I rang her because we bought this house from her and she knew how dated the place was so she was well aware of the extent of the money we spent here. And I was really impressed with her when we bought. I told her we were def selling on thurs, sign was up fri, pics took fri afternoon, brochures where on my doormat on monday when I came home from work. I could almost smell the smoke lolol

Denise
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Nadine, I know, am very frustrated, but daren't make too big a song and dance about it, cause I will need her to do another one in the future. Everything else is going ok, working a bit and doing a little bit extra work in my friends shop to try and raise some more £ for paying for everything!!! How are things with you guys?

Lynne, I have emailed her a sample letter that some kind person posted up on the nursing board, all she has to do is change the names/dates of employment etc and print it I don't think she would take too well to me writing it *sigh* she's not someone I know too well... and as I will need her to write one for the visa application and then others for any potential jobs, I don't want to rock the boat too much. If I don't hear anything by the start of next week I will phone her again.

We are going to the Belfast Expo, probably on the Saturday, but not 100% sure at this stage...

xo

Angela
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi All

I had to go to page 6 to find the thread .

All a bit quiet on here at the mo.

Well there has been no more news for Darren and I we are still waiting to hear if our extra documents are all ok.

How is everything going with everyone else? Any news or excitement with anyone else?

Nadine
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

No news for us yet but then doesn't the saying go "no news is good news"? We have our meds and xrays on Tuesday in Downpatrick We forwarded our pcc's to our agent last week so hopefully she has sent them on to Oz, then the meds will go and hey presto! we'll gt our visa granted

Good luck all,

Lynn xx
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the4ofus
No news for us yet but then doesn't the saying go "no news is good news"? We have our meds and xrays on Tuesday in Downpatrick We forwarded our pcc's to our agent last week so hopefully she has sent them on to Oz, then the meds will go and hey presto! we'll gt our visa granted

Good luck all,

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn

I persume you are front loading your meds and PCCs???? We did that as well and I think it helped speed things along. Our Co asked for extra Info so we are just waiting to hear if she was satisified,I agree No news is good news so hopefully a few of us will have visa grants soon.

Nadine
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi All

I had to go to page 6 to find the thread .

All a bit quiet on here at the mo.

Well there has been no more news for Darren and I we are still waiting to hear if our extra documents are all ok.

How is everything going with everyone else? Any news or excitement with anyone else?

Nadine
Hi Nadine,

Nothing happening with us Wanted to go to the Belfast Expo but Paddy is shouting NO WAY at me I would have liked to have met you and the other guys....I might talk him round When is it? We are only about 2 hours from Belfast and Paddy has no excuse cause I bought him one of those Sat Nav things for Xmas
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nadine,

Nothing happening with us Wanted to go to the Belfast Expo but Paddy is shouting NO WAY at me I would have liked to have met you and the other guys....I might talk him round When is it? We are only about 2 hours from Belfast and Paddy has no excuse cause I bought him one of those Sat Nav things for Xmas
Hi Helena

Good to hear from you.

The Expo is on Sat 8th and Sun 9th March I think most peopple seem to be going on the Sat.It would be good to meet up with the others.

You'll get to the kings hall no problem esp with the sat nav LOL

There dosent seem to be an awful lot of people with any news regarding their visa app at the mo, Things seem very quiet at mo.

Nadine
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:06 pm
get me to perth

Hi Nadine,

Hi Helena,

Tell Paddy hes sport spoiling lol. Theres a few of us all meeting at the kings head for def so itll be nice!

Nadine - it is all very quiet here at the mo! Fingers crossed you'll here from CO soon.

We have put a hold on arranging our TRA docs as we have decided to go with Australian Migrations and Visa Lawyers - Liz O'Hagan in Kildare, so she said to wait until we have seen her at the expo as she will be providing specifics, so just feel in limbo at the mo.

And our viewer rang EA sayin she loved our house and theyd a few more to see but we are on shortlist. that was on thurs and still no news....

Send me karma SOMEONE

Denise xxx
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Helena,

Tell Paddy hes sport spoiling lol. Theres a few of us all meeting at the kings head for def so itll be nice!

Nadine - it is all very quiet here at the mo! Fingers crossed you'll here from CO soon.

We have put a hold on arranging our TRA docs as we have decided to go with Australian Migrations and Visa Lawyers - Liz O'Hagan in Kildare, so she said to wait until we have seen her at the expo as she will be providing specifics, so just feel in limbo at the mo.

And our viewer rang EA sayin she loved our house and theyd a few more to see but we are on shortlist. that was on thurs and still no news....

Send me karma SOMEONE

Denise xxx
Good luck with the house selling................We have arranged for Pat Hunter to see us on Friday Afternoon..........so fingers crossed we will get sorted in the next couple of months

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.