Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Hey guys and gals,

just writing one final email from this side of the world. wot a day we've had - goodbyes are just bloody awful just tomorrow morning to go but i'm sure that will be the worst - its our parents leaving us to the bus.

we will keep in touch from australia and we hope to meet up with those that are settling around the sunshine coast.

take care all,

luv lynn xx
hope all goes well for you lynn and you settle in as quick as siobhan!

see you on the other side
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Polly B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all you locals!!
Hi to Nadine - we`re from Ballymena and it is sunny today (for once!!)
We are not at the same stage as any of you yet - still at the serious discussion stage. Can I ask what made you all make the final decision to go to Australia?
The only thing holding me back is leaving family and friends.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

cameycoons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dcampbell
Just wondering if anyone here is emigrating from northern ireland, and having a panic attack about selling their house like I am lol. We've not put app in yet for visa, just getting TRA ready, but thought we better get house on market so put it on on friday. Scary. Wish I could say it will sell quick, probably would have a few months ago because absolutely everythin in the house is brand new, we gutted the whole house in one year. But dont even think that will get it shifted at the min.

Oh I just want to be in Oz yesterday lol

Denise xx
Im from donegal hoping to go to perth can you tell me about TRA where and how i can get things moving
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Polly B
Hi all you locals!!
We are not at the same stage as any of you yet - still at the serious discussion stage. Can I ask what made you all make the final decision to go to Australia?
Not more folks from Ballymena hey!!! hey Polly glad J convinced you to think about making the move, we don't regret leaving Norn Iron at all, we just think we maybe took the long way round to Australia - going via Canada first but hey you have to try these things We are heading to Brisbane next weekend to validate our visa This is a great forum though to talk to folk in a similar position and you'll get loads of good info here.

Talk soon,
Sinead
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Polly B
Hi all you locals!!

Hi Polly

Where abouts in Ballymena are you?

Hi all its been such a long time since I have been on here how are we all keeping.
Well Darren and I are heading to Perth 18th Oct so it is getting close and I havent even started packing better get a move on I suppose .

Would love to hear how you are all getting on

Nadine
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi Gillian

Ive been speaking to you on msn but wanted to let you know that youare in my thoughts.

Any news on the job front?

Nadine
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi Gillian

Ive been speaking to you on msn but wanted to let you know that youare in my thoughts.

Any news on the job front?

Nadine
Hi Nadine

Got some good news on the job front, I got offered the first job I applied for yesterday, so I start next Monday, which is great news, so one less thing to worry about

gill
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Nadine

Got some good news on the job front, I got offered the first job I applied for yesterday, so I start next Monday, which is great news, so one less thing to worry about

gill
Gillian that is brilliant news I am sure you are all chuffed. Well done chick

Nadine
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Hi Nadine

gill
congratulations gill thats fantastic news!

suffering from a hangover to day, went to the coach in banbridge last night and met pete from last years big brother, he was lovely and signed my arm now cant get the bloomin thing off
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nadine

gill
Hey Gillian,
Great news on the job, congratulations at least that will take some of the stress off - next step - getting rid of the bl**dy house...

Sinead
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:35 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

hey aus2be what part r u heading to im just 20km from perth .
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by irishfamily
hey aus2be what part r u heading to im just 20km from perth .
Hi Irishfamily

We are heading in and around Port Kennedy direction but when we first arrive we are taking 6 months out and going to travel the whole way around Australia we have no ties and we decided to do it now if we dont we never will.

Nadine
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:25 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Ur just rite when u do get here go to rottnest island it is amazing i swear the quokka`s come up to u in the restaurant begging 4 food but ur not allowed to feed then at all . And shark bay is another place it is amazing u will have a ball Good luck xx here he is begging for food And picture of the hill and the sea behind it u will love it
Attached Thumbnails Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland-2008-07-14-042-large-.jpg   Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland-2008-07-14-002-large-.jpg  
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by irishfamily
Ur just rite when u do get here go to rottnest island it is amazing i swear the quokka`s come up to u in the restaurant begging 4 food but ur not allowed to feed then at all . And shark bay is another place it is amazing u will have a ball Good luck xx here he is begging for food And picture of the hill and the sea behind it u will love it

Hi There

Yeah I love Rottness Island we have been before and took the whole day and cycled around it. It was so nice and an extremely warm day

We are heading to Shark Bay as well. We are jsut going to go everywhere

Nadine
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Hi All!

Signing in from Oz, we'vw been here 10 days now and are settling well. kids cant wait to go to school, i think they've had enough of the school holidays. our apt is ok, nothing luxurious but its clean and has a pool. we are staying right across the road from the beach but the waves can be quite rough and knock cora over quite a bit!!!!!!!

so far we have bought a car but are still looking for a house. we have a few to go to this afternoon, hopefully one of them will be for us. paul has dropped his cv into a few places and phones some places too - he should be ok getting a job.

anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi! must go to email my father-in-law.

check in again soon,

luv Lynn xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.