Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Hi All!

Signing in from Oz, we'vw been here 10 days now and are settling well. kids cant wait to go to school, i think they've had enough of the school holidays. our apt is ok, nothing luxurious but its clean and has a pool. we are staying right across the road from the beach but the waves can be quite rough and knock cora over quite a bit!!!!!!!

so far we have bought a car but are still looking for a house. we have a few to go to this afternoon, hopefully one of them will be for us. paul has dropped his cv into a few places and phones some places too - he should be ok getting a job.

anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi! must go to email my father-in-law.

check in again soon,

luv Lynn xx
Hi Lynn

Good to hear you are settling in ok, hope you get everything sorted soon.

Gill
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi All!

Signing in from Oz, we'vw been here 10 days now and are settling well. kids cant wait to go to school, i think they've had enough of the school holidays. our apt is ok, nothing luxurious but its clean and has a pool. we are staying right across the road from the beach but the waves can be quite rough and knock cora over quite a bit!!!!!!!

so far we have bought a car but are still looking for a house. we have a few to go to this afternoon, hopefully one of them will be for us. paul has dropped his cv into a few places and phones some places too - he should be ok getting a job.

check in again soon,

luv Lynn xx
Hi Lynn,

Great to hear that you have arrived safe and well. I am glad things are working out for you guys

Helena
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Hi All!

check in again soon,

luv Lynn xx
nice to hear from you lynn was wondering how you where, theres so much to do isnt there, glad to hear you are enjoying it, once the kids start school , you will have more time to get things done.
The weathers great, we have no work yet so it is a bit worrying, jenny was offered 4 jobs in 1 day though, I must be getting to old to employ. Hope we get a job soon.
Good news gillian on your new job. Any body else any news?
Caroline did your sale go through, have not been on for a while?
take care evry one
siobhan
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Nadine

Got some good news on the job front, I got offered the first job I applied for yesterday, so I start next Monday, which is great news, so one less thing to worry about

gill
wheres the job then Gillian?
Teryna
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

hi lynn, glad things are going well, keep us updated

siobhan, house sale still not completed, god the man is a fussy bugger got a house to rent and everything ready to go just need him to bloomin well sign!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:35 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Hey hows thing with everyone .Was just reading ur post about fussy buyers the woman (witch)we sold to wanted us to give her a cheque for carpert for the new stairs we put in and also wanted some pot plants in the garden .This was after viewing the property 5 times 4 times with her mum and once with her brother .So i know what its like But there is a light at the end of that tunnel its AUSTRALIA lol
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by irishfamily
Hey hows thing with everyone .Was just reading ur post about fussy buyers the woman (witch)we sold to wanted us to give her a cheque for carpert for the new stairs we put in and also wanted some pot plants in the garden .This was after viewing the property 5 times 4 times with her mum and once with her brother .So i know what its like But there is a light at the end of that tunnel its AUSTRALIA lol
hi all,

just been to downpatrick for the second time for our xrays and still havent had themv:curse:
they forgot about us ( we waited for over an hour!) and by then there was no one there that could do it!!!!
going to have to take another few hours off work now to go again
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Originally Posted by camacazi
hi all,

just been to downpatrick for the second time for our xrays and still havent had themv:curse:
they forgot about us ( we waited for over an hour!) and by then there was no one there that could do it!!!!
going to have to take another few hours off work now to go again
Hi Folks

Im trying to my medicals I have tried to do them in Belfast but they wont see me until I get my Bloods done.Anyone know where I can get these done?

Also anyone get a price on shipping I have been quoted £4400 from McGimpseys I only need about half of a 20ft so does anyone know if I can get a smaller container or does anyone need anything shipped out [Brisbane] or is willing to share a container.

Thanks in advance

Nevsy
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nevsy
Hi Folks

Im trying to my medicals I have tried to do them in Belfast but they wont see me until I get my Bloods done.Anyone know where I can get these done?

Also anyone get a price on shipping I have been quoted £4400 from McGimpseys I only need about half of a 20ft so does anyone know if I can get a smaller container or does anyone need anything shipped out [Brisbane] or is willing to share a container.

Thanks in advance

Nevsy
Hi Nevsy

We got our bloods taken at the time of the medical, where are you trying to get you medical done?

We got our X Rays done 1st, we got these in Antrim hospital and got our medicals and bloods done a few days later by a doctor in Larne, it sounds strange that they wont do medicals until bloods are done

gill
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Nevsy

We got our bloods taken at the time of the medical, where are you trying to get you medical done?

We got our X Rays done 1st, we got these in Antrim hospital and got our medicals and bloods done a few days later by a doctor in Larne, it sounds strange that they wont do medicals until bloods are done

gill
Did the same doctor do the bloods as the medical?

Nevsy
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Folks

Thanks in advance

Nevsy
hi nevsy

we're getting our xray on tue morning ( hopefully) and then our medicals at 12 on tue were we will get our bloods done at same time in downpatrick.

that sounds very expensive for half a container
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by camacazi
hi nevsy

we're getting our xray on tue morning ( hopefully) and then our medicals at 12 on tue were we will get our bloods done at same time in downpatrick.

that sounds very expensive for half a container
Its not a half container but £4400 for a 20ft door to door and packed and unpacked but for what Im taking i.e tooling and a good bit of our bits and bobs it wont fill a 20ft,but I still have to pay for 20ft

nevsy
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Did the same doctor do the bloods as the medical?

Nevsy

Yes the doctor did the medicals and his practice nurse did the bloods

gill
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:07 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

nevsy the company should be able to tell u what size of container u need we thought we might have needed larger than a 20ft but the company said no 20 ft was enought and we just closed the doors bearly lol
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks

Thanks in advance

Nevsy
Bit baffled by your post, as I understood that the panel doctor will take any necessary blood tests, e.g. for hep C if you have tattoos. The only thing I understood that you had to bring to the medical was the x-rays (sealed). I had my medical at kensington medical centre and I brought along the x-ray I had taken at stranmillis independent clinic. Hope you get it sorted, good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.