Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

No, we haven't even received full ack yet but i'm sure it will all fall into place eventually (ever hopefull!).

You must have the patience of a saint Cora goes to a day nursery before and after school 3 days a week (also went full time as a pre-schooler), and the noise when I'm collecting her is mad!!!!!!! Quite a few of my friends have recently started child-minding and by the way they talk about money ect. I see I'm in the wrong job

Lynn xx
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dcampbell
I like Pat because if you have any probs or queries, she doesnt make you feel like you are a total pain in the arse. And the way I see it, she works really hard for that commission, and deserves it. I dont see the point in sticking the guts of 3k into the pockets of someone who will not do half the work she does. I rang her because we bought this house from her and she knew how dated the place was so she was well aware of the extent of the money we spent here. And I was really impressed with her when we bought. I told her we were def selling on thurs, sign was up fri, pics took fri afternoon, brochures where on my doormat on monday when I came home from work. I could almost smell the smoke lolol

Denise

Hi Denise

Well Pat came out on Friday to have a chat and take a look around, she was really impressed with our house and was surprised with the size of it. (it is a converted bungalow so looks small from the outside) She said that is was really good value for money, which really pleased me as I was worried that she was going to say it was priced too high, we already have reduced the price from 230k to 215k. So we are going ahead with her, so she is coming out this afternoon to take pics, so fingers crossed. I though she was really nice too, you can understand why she sells so many houses. So thanks very much for giving us the advice. Ill buy you a wee drink in the Kings Head on Sat
Speak to ya soon

Gillian
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:15 am
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Denise

Well Pat came out on Friday to have a chat and take a look around, she was really impressed with our house and was surprised with the size of it. (it is a converted bungalow so looks small from the outside) She said that is was really good value for money, which really pleased me as I was worried that she was going to say it was priced too high, we already have reduced the price from 230k to 215k. So we are going ahead with her, so she is coming out this afternoon to take pics, so fingers crossed. I though she was really nice too, you can understand why she sells so many houses. So thanks very much for giving us the advice. Ill buy you a wee drink in the Kings Head on Sat
Speak to ya soon

Gillian

No worries. Yes I am making my husband drive on sat lol

Bad me lol xx
Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

HI All

I really should be getting my hair dryed and getting ready to leave to go to Kings Hall but I was just wondering if anyone on here uses Facebook or Bebo????

and if they do would anyone be interested in adding eachother as Friends? Means we can catch up and see photos of one andother

Ok yes Im a nosey cow

Speak soon

Nadine
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by aus2be
HI All

I really should be getting my hair dryed and getting ready to leave to go to Kings Hall but I was just wondering if anyone on here uses Facebook or Bebo????

and if they do would anyone be interested in adding eachother as Friends? Means we can catch up and see photos of one andother

Ok yes Im a nosey cow

Speak soon

Nadine

Hi Nadine im on Bebo, I could send you my user name

gillian
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi Nadine im on Bebo, I could send you my user name

gillian
Yeah another Bebo addict.

PM me your user name if you would prefer that and I will look you up.

Prob do it later when we get home

Nadine
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah another Bebo addict.

PM me your user name if you would prefer that and I will look you up.

Prob do it later when we get home

Nadine

Hi Nadine just sent you a PM

Gillian
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nadine just sent you a PM

Gillian
Thanks loads found you no problem I have added you as a friend.

but Pm'd you with my bebo address.

Go get yourself sorted.

see you later

nadine
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsmylife

We are going to the Belfast Expo, probably on the Saturday, but not 100% sure at this stage...

xo

Angela
Hi Angela

Well any news on your reference yet? Did you ever get it?

Did you go to the Expo on Sat?

We all met at the Kings Head although there was Darren and I , Denise and Paul and Mark and Gillian all at one tabe and then The Murrays, the 4 of us and Camaczi at the table beside us and we didnt even realise.

Darren and I stayed for an hour and it was good to meet up with everyone and get chatting to them. When we left the two tables all met up and realised who was who.

Hear from you soon

Nadine
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Hi Angela

Well any news on your reference yet? Did you ever get it?

Did you go to the Expo on Sat?

We all met at the Kings Head although there was Darren and I , Denise and Paul and Mark and Gillian all at one tabe and then The Murrays, the 4 of us and Camaczi at the table beside us and we didnt even realise.

Darren and I stayed for an hour and it was good to meet up with everyone and get chatting to them. When we left the two tables all met up and realised who was who.

Hear from you soon

Nadine
Hi Nadine,

No word on the reference yet... totally fed up with her, so I'm going to ring tomorrow and speak to her... I think it must be 6 weeks now since I asked for it, and I even forwarded everything she could possibly need to fill it in by email, so all she had to do was copy and paste the relevant parts... who would have thought it would be so difficult to just start out!

Yes, we went to the Kings Hall yesterday - first thing in the morning, we went to the seminar about the visa application, but couldn't stay around until lunch time as my little boy was being a prize brat, despite being given every cuddly toy available and umpteen balloons by practically every stand (even the canadian ones! ).... I got my questions about my working hours answered so I am happy at that... but was a bit hard going as the guy was pretty negative about it and wouldn't listen to what I was saying, but eventually got through to him and he confirmed that it would be ok... we are debating over using an agent at the moment, but will probably still go it alone (if I ever get my reference!)...

Great to hear that you guys all managed to meet up

We've both been on annual leave this week so been sorting out the house, got a huge skip and have freshened up the bathroom paint... taking baby steps with it so it will be all sorted for later on and there won't be a big panic!

Hope everyone is keeping well!

Angela
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsmylife
Hi Nadine,

No word on the reference yet... totally fed up with her, so I'm going to ring tomorrow and speak to her... I think it must be 6 weeks now since I asked for it, and I even forwarded everything she could possibly need to fill it in by email, so all she had to do was copy and paste the relevant parts... who would have thought it would be so difficult to just start out!

Yes, we went to the Kings Hall yesterday - first thing in the morning, we went to the seminar about the visa application, but couldn't stay around until lunch time as my little boy was being a prize brat, despite being given every cuddly toy available and umpteen balloons by practically every stand (even the canadian ones! ).... I got my questions about my working hours answered so I am happy at that... but was a bit hard going as the guy was pretty negative about it and wouldn't listen to what I was saying, but eventually got through to him and he confirmed that it would be ok... we are debating over using an agent at the moment, but will probably still go it alone (if I ever get my reference!)...

Great to hear that you guys all managed to meet up

We've both been on annual leave this week so been sorting out the house, got a huge skip and have freshened up the bathroom paint... taking baby steps with it so it will be all sorted for later on and there won't be a big panic!

Hope everyone is keeping well!

Angela

Hi Angela

I am so shocked that you still havent heard anything about your reference you dont expect this lengthly wait at the beginning of the process and I feel for you I am sure that your patience is very thin already. Poor you.

Im sure you ahve taken the last week and worked hard around the house. We still havent heard form anyone about the house so we are still waiting for someone to show a bit of interest in the house.

We didnt think much of the expo although it gave us the chance to have coffee with our agent again which ended up lasting nearly an hour which was really nice.

We also got some info from removeal companies.

Good luck for this week and I hope you hear something about you reference You have to hear something soon

Nadine
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Helena

Well did you head up to the Expo today? Did you get a chat with Byron and Liz?

We ended up sitting at the cafe for an hour with Byron yesterday it was great.

We all met up at the Kingshead and it was great that we were able to put names to faces although Darren and I only stayed an hour I think everyone else where there till about 7pm

Nadine

Last edited by aus2be; Mar 9th 2008 at 7:53 pm. Reason: Spelling ha ha ha
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi Helena

Well did you head up to the Expo today? Did you get a chat with Byron and Liz?

We ended up sitting at the cafe for an hour with Byron yesterday it was great.

We all met up at the Kingshead and it was great that we were able to put names to faces although Darren and I only stayed an hour I think everyone else where there till about 7pm

Nadine
Hi Nadine,

No, didn't go to the expo. I only wanted to go to meet you guys so when we couldn't go on Saturday we didnt bother
Glad you guys had a good time. Are you getting ready for the BIG storm tonite Batten down the hatches

Helena
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Nadine,

No, didn't go to the expo. I only wanted to go to meet you guys so when we couldn't go on Saturday we didnt bother
Glad you guys had a good time. Are you getting ready for the BIG storm tonite Batten down the hatches

Helena
Hi Helena

Thats a shame you didnt get up although you really didnt miss an awful lot, the Expo last year was Def much better.

I did hear that there was to be a big storm tonight heres hoping there isnt to much damage

Suppose you are getting excited about heading away? It wont be long on coming round for you

Nadine
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi Helena

Thats a shame you didnt get up although you really didnt miss an awful lot, the Expo last year was Def much better.

I did hear that there was to be a big storm tonight heres hoping there isnt to much damage

Suppose you are getting excited about heading away? It wont be long on coming round for you

Nadine

I know 3 weeks to go Can't wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.