British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone else noticed the new 'trend'? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-else-noticed-new-trend-425261/)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Feb 9th 2007 6:00 pm

Anyone else noticed the new 'trend'?

I have being using this forum for a considerable time now. Over that period of time, I have noticed how Perth always, 'got the vote' so to speak!

Something I have noticed of late, is how many threads are popping up, asking the question, 'so & so or Perth'? Most people cite their reasons as house prices, isolation etc.........

One thing I do find fascinating, is how, for example, Adelaide and Hobart never got a sniff............all of a sudden, there are posts springing up left right and centre, asking questions about them!

Just wondered..........................:blink:

thebears Feb 9th 2007 6:11 pm

Re: Anyone else noticed the new 'trend'?

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 4382553)
I have being using this forum for a considerable time now. Over that period of time, I have noticed how Perth always, 'got the vote' so to speak!

Something I have noticed of late, is how many threads are popping up, asking the question, 'so & so or Perth'? Most people cite their reasons as house prices, isolation etc.........

One thing I do find fascinating, is how, for example, Adelaide and Hobart never got a sniff............all of a sudden, there are posts springing up left right and centre, asking questions about them!

Its a nice change :thumbup: as with the general level of posting of late has been more positive :thumbup:

herrchook Feb 9th 2007 6:31 pm

There might be an increase in people going to/discussing Adelaide due to the SIR visa SA offer which allows holders to live and work in the city:confused:.

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Feb 9th 2007 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by thebears (Post 4382598)
Its a nice change :thumbup: as with the general level of posting of late has been more positive :thumbup:

I noticed that too - refreshing isn't it!

Simba Feb 9th 2007 6:36 pm

Adelaide has featured a few times over the last few weeks on BBC's "Wanted down under" and with people being able to get more house for their money it may have generated more interest in the area.

Wendy Feb 9th 2007 9:52 pm

Everyone wants to come to Adelaide cos I'm here :p :rofl:

northernbird Feb 9th 2007 10:33 pm

Perth has become to expensive to purchase property its as simple as that. People don't want to move half way around to world to be skint.

Wendy Feb 9th 2007 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 4383821)
Perth has become to expensive to purchase property its as simple as that. People don't want to move half way around to world to be skint.

Oh I don't know. I'd rather be skint here than in the UK ;) :rofl:

We are marginally better off, but that's probably because we don't have any debt. Well not until the 30th March anyway, when we'll have a mortgage :eek:

Phoenix Feb 9th 2007 11:10 pm

going to Perth despite the 100% house price rise in the last year and a half - love it there :D

seanandmaria Feb 10th 2007 4:36 am

Well can't speak for others wanting to move to Adelaide, we're wanting to go as we've lived in melbourne for 7 months, it's a lovely city, it's just too BIG, from the time we've spent in Adelaide, it just seems more relaxed, hope we're right!!

wafc Feb 10th 2007 4:55 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 4383821)

Tell me about it! We landed here in December and are first time buyers and with the current prices we're just being totally priced out of the market. You're looking at $250,000 minimum for a small block of land! probably around 500sqm ish.

Wendy Feb 10th 2007 7:51 am

Originally Posted by seanandmaria (Post 4384685)
Well can't speak for others wanting to move to Adelaide, we're wanting to go as we've lived in melbourne for 7 months, it's a lovely city, it's just too BIG, from the time we've spent in Adelaide, it just seems more relaxed, hope we're right!!

Mate, it's so laid back here they are horizantal ;) :D

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Feb 10th 2007 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 4386067)

Well, we all know that's how YOU spend the majority of your time.......god, I'm gonna get a slap soon! :lol:

mr mover Feb 10th 2007 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 4386067)

I was not , i was relaxed [pissed]:D ..............mm

Wendy Feb 10th 2007 8:20 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 4386082)
Well, we all know that's how YOU spend the majority of your time.......god, I'm gonna get a slap soon! :lol:

Kinky ;) :rofl: