Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else noticed the new 'trend'?

Anyone else noticed the new 'trend'?

Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:00 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone else noticed the new 'trend'?

I have being using this forum for a considerable time now. Over that period of time, I have noticed how Perth always, 'got the vote' so to speak!

Something I have noticed of late, is how many threads are popping up, asking the question, 'so & so or Perth'? Most people cite their reasons as house prices, isolation etc.........

One thing I do find fascinating, is how, for example, Adelaide and Hobart never got a sniff............all of a sudden, there are posts springing up left right and centre, asking questions about them!

Just wondered..........................
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:11 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else noticed the new 'trend'?

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
I have being using this forum for a considerable time now. Over that period of time, I have noticed how Perth always, 'got the vote' so to speak!

Something I have noticed of late, is how many threads are popping up, asking the question, 'so & so or Perth'? Most people cite their reasons as house prices, isolation etc.........

One thing I do find fascinating, is how, for example, Adelaide and Hobart never got a sniff............all of a sudden, there are posts springing up left right and centre, asking questions about them!

Its a nice change as with the general level of posting of late has been more positive
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:31 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

There might be an increase in people going to/discussing Adelaide due to the SIR visa SA offer which allows holders to live and work in the city.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by thebears
Its a nice change as with the general level of posting of late has been more positive
I noticed that too - refreshing isn't it!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:36 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Adelaide has featured a few times over the last few weeks on BBC's "Wanted down under" and with people being able to get more house for their money it may have generated more interest in the area.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone wants to come to Adelaide cos I'm here
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:33 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Perth has become to expensive to purchase property its as simple as that. People don't want to move half way around to world to be skint.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Perth has become to expensive to purchase property its as simple as that. People don't want to move half way around to world to be skint.

Oh I don't know. I'd rather be skint here than in the UK

We are marginally better off, but that's probably because we don't have any debt. Well not until the 30th March anyway, when we'll have a mortgage
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

going to Perth despite the 100% house price rise in the last year and a half - love it there
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

Well can't speak for others wanting to move to Adelaide, we're wanting to go as we've lived in melbourne for 7 months, it's a lovely city, it's just too BIG, from the time we've spent in Adelaide, it just seems more relaxed, hope we're right!!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Tell me about it! We landed here in December and are first time buyers and with the current prices we're just being totally priced out of the market. You're looking at $250,000 minimum for a small block of land! probably around 500sqm ish.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by seanandmaria
Well can't speak for others wanting to move to Adelaide, we're wanting to go as we've lived in melbourne for 7 months, it's a lovely city, it's just too BIG, from the time we've spent in Adelaide, it just seems more relaxed, hope we're right!!

Mate, it's so laid back here they are horizantal
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
Well, we all know that's how YOU spend the majority of your time.......god, I'm gonna get a slap soon!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:01 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I was not , i was relaxed [pissed] ..............mm
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, we all know that's how YOU spend the majority of your time.......god, I'm gonna get a slap soon!

Kinky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.