Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else going before Xmas?

Anyone else going before Xmas?

Old Sep 18th 2005, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Anyone else going before Xmas?

Is there anyone left that goes before Christmas..if so how are you all doing with your preparations We still need to do a car boot sale, sell bikes on ebay and sell the car. It feels like we're running out of time fast. How are the rest of you doing?
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone else going before Xmas?

Hoping to go in November!

still got car to sell, cards to pay!

can't wait to be sat on the plane
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:01 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pako
Is there anyone left that goes before Christmas..if so how are you all doing with your preparations We still need to do a car boot sale, sell bikes on ebay and sell the car. It feels like we're running out of time fast. How are the rest of you doing?
we leave in 4 weeks time gotta be out the house in 2 weeks but still feel very unorganised
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by leedslad
Hoping to go in November!

still got car to sell, cards to pay!

can't wait to be sat on the plane

So where are you heading and how many with
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kelli28
we leave in 4 weeks time gotta be out the house in 2 weeks but still feel very unorganised

That's not long at all. Are you pooping yourself yet? I've had wet palms for the last month
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:06 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

That's not long at all. Are you pooping yourself yet? I've had wet palms for the last month
iv been very calm just feels like im going on holiday at the moment doesent feel real yet
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:06 am
Just Joined

stiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Im moving to Melbourne in 4 weeks from Italy...

...trying to find a shipping company with my poor grasp of Italian is not easy...then have to fly to UK to say goodbye to family...before boarding my flight to Oz.

I have a stack of english books which no-one here wants & I hate to just throw em away...but no point paying to ship em...?

Seem to spend half my time checking out apartments to rent online...itching to go now...& its pissing it down here....
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stiv
Im moving to Melbourne in 4 weeks from Italy...

...trying to find a shipping company with my poor grasp of Italian is not easy...then have to fly to UK to say goodbye to family...before boarding my flight to Oz.

I have a stack of english books which no-one here wants & I hate to just throw em away...but no point paying to ship em...?

Seem to spend half my time checking out apartments to rent online...itching to go now...& its pissing it down here....
I shipped my books, much to my hubands horror, a few boxes of them . I bet you can't wait to go now, it'll fly by. How long have you been in Italy for?
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:23 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Well I was hoping to be on the plane sometime around the end of October, early november, but with all the nonsense, false promises and other hold ups with my house sale, it's looking increasingly unlikely.

It's a real pain for me, as most of the education recruitment is done in October/November/December in the lead up to christmas for the beginning of the new academic year in January, so if I get delayed much more, there's probably very little point in me going until after christmas. I may as well stay and earn some more pounds to add to the pile.

S
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:24 am
Just Joined

stiv is an unknown quantity at this point

I shipped my books, much to my hubands horror, a few boxes of them . I bet you can't wait to go now, it'll fly by. How long have you been in Italy for?
Ive been here 18months & have enjoyed it but its not the best place for a single bloke...Most Italians seem to make their close friends at school then really dont like to make new ones...so its been a fairly solitary experience...but the food, wine & scenery make up for it...

Im looking forward to having a social life again in Melbourne...got a few mates there as I spent a year working there 8 years ago...& everyone speaks english... major bonus....

I dont have much stuff so am air freighting...as not much cost difference to sea freight...so the books have gotta go...& have been growing a huge basil plant since I got here for cooking & insalata caprese....think I'll just give that to my neighbour....
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stiv
Ive been here 18months & have enjoyed it but its not the best place for a single bloke...Most Italians seem to make their close friends at school then really dont like to make new ones...so its been a fairly solitary experience...but the food, wine & scenery make up for it...

Im looking forward to having a social life again in Melbourne...got a few mates there as I spent a year working there 8 years ago...& everyone speaks english... major bonus....

I dont have much stuff so am air freighting...as not much cost difference to sea freight...so the books have gotta go...& have been growing a huge basil plant since I got here for cooking & insalata caprese....think I'll just give that to my neighbour....
melbourne's cool, I have quite a few friends there myself. The aussies are so friendly you're bound to settle in no time at all. good luck with it all
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well I was hoping to be on the plane sometime around the end of October, early november, but with all the nonsense, false promises and other hold ups with my house sale, it's looking increasingly unlikely.

It's a real pain for me, as most of the education recruitment is done in October/November/December in the lead up to christmas for the beginning of the new academic year in January, so if I get delayed much more, there's probably very little point in me going until after christmas. I may as well stay and earn some more pounds to add to the pile.

S
That sucks, I hope you cansell your house soon, fingers crossed
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:33 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Complete house sale on the 30th and fly 5 days later, oh my god just worked it out 18 days :scared:
What am I doing on here, I have still got loads to do!!!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Complete house sale on the 30th and fly 5 days later, oh my god just worked it out 18 days :scared:
What am I doing on here, I have still got loads to do!!!

ohh that's so exciting, you must be wetting yourself, good luck with it all
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:41 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Hi we are off to Sydney sometime in Oct just waiting to exchange contracts on our house am totally fed up so much to do not enough time to do it in have to try and provisionally book shippers and find flights etc etc and those are the fun things as they mean we are one step closer to our dream.

Good luck everyone
Poshrice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.