Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

Its going to be a long old ride!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
Its going to be a long old ride!
Yep, am beginning to wish I had waited 'til Sept 1st & done it on-line as those guys getting processed much faster:curse:
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Yep, am beginning to wish I had waited 'til Sept 1st & done it on-line as those guys getting processed much faster:curse:
We had the same thoughts!!!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dandn
We had the same thoughts!!!
Yep, just ever so slightly annoying situation isn't it?
Old Oct 7th 2007, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Clara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sallyclaire

My thoughts exactly. My agent told me this week that there is such a back log of applicants that my application is more likely to take the full 12 months now instead of the 6-9 months we were expecting!

My application should have been received by 26th July and I haven't heard a thing! I never wanted anything to be debited from my credit card before!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clara W
My thoughts exactly. My agent told me this week that there is such a back log of applicants that my application is more likely to take the full 12 months now instead of the 6-9 months we were expecting!

My application should have been received by 26th July and I haven't heard a thing! I never wanted anything to be debited from my credit card before!

I wouldn't be too disheartened. Check out the August thread, Allan Collett advised that 90% DIAC resource is being targeted at pre-sept applicants and the reason they appear to be processed much sooner is as they have electronically generated requests for meds, pcc etc. Obviously if they have 10% of the resource they will get Case Officers assigned etc but it isn't as bad as it appears.

Probably best not to read their timescales

With reference to the 12 month timescale is this from submission of skills assessment or from submission of visa application?

March / April and May applicants are getting grants although there are a few applicants pre - Feb on the forum who have yet to receive grants.

Hopefully if yours is an uncomplicated application it should take 6 - 9 months as you originally thought - also it might be an idea to frontload your meds and pcc to speed things up. I have taken the risk in the hope that it expediates things

Laura x
Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Clara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud of

Thanks Laura that is very positive of you!

I think they meant from the the Visa being lodged which means we will be looking at next July but we wanted to be there asap for school terms. I guess my agent has to act on worse case scenario! I do nag them a lot since they messed up my Vetassess references!!

I was advised not frontload until I have a case number to let the doctors know where to send my file? Is this right?

Thinking positive! (back on track again)
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clara W
Thanks Laura that is very positive of you!

I think they meant from the the Visa being lodged which means we will be looking at next July but we wanted to be there asap for school terms. I guess my agent has to act on worse case scenario! I do nag them a lot since they messed up my Vetassess references!!

I was advised not frontload until I have a case number to let the doctors know where to send my file? Is this right?

Thinking positive! (back on track again)

I frontloaded without the File ref no as I was expecting to get it in August! I am glad that I didn't wait or they would only just be arriving in the LCU and there are 2 month delays there.

They take your passport no etc anyhow and loads of people frontload without the File ref and have no probs.....

If you wait for the ref that will take you into the end of November - then 2 months for clearance in LCU - Jan and the school terms starts around 28th Jan doesn't it?

If your PCC and meds are already there when you are allocated a CO then you might find that they go straight to visa grant - it definitely happens.

I can't believe your agent messed up the vetassess application as it is basic isn't it? I filled in my vetassess and hubbies TRA - only had to send off evidence of qualifications and fill in form for vetassess. TRA asked for employer references, proof of apprenticeship etc... was way more difficult.....

Good luck with the remainder of your applications and listen to your agents advice but put it into context with what you read on here before making a decision.

Hope this helps,

Lau x
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Offshore Applications: receipting applications received on 23 July 2007 and acknowledging applications received on 28 June 2007.
As I erroneously posted on the August thread... For pity's sake!!! :curse:

1 days progress on acknowledgments in a week!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by deano66
As I erroneously posted on the August thread... For pity's sake!!! :curse:

1 days progress on acknowledgments in a week!
There are some Junies still waiting for ack so this figures.... They will get to you I promise. I know how hard it is - if you look back on the June thread you will see that I was finding the waiting agonising....

You will pleased to know that they are speeding up on the meds front i.e. are now processing 13th August.

Also good news that a few more of the Mayies have had visa grants....

Therefore some more case officers free for us guys....

Lau x
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

looks like they've totaly caught up with the onshore applicants as regards to receipting and acknowledging (obviously as of end of august the new online system takes over) - so hopefully there are more members of staff available to deal with us julyees now

lisa
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lolylew
looks like they've totaly caught up with the onshore applicants as regards to receipting and acknowledging (obviously as of end of august the new online system takes over) - so hopefully there are more members of staff available to deal with us julyees now

lisa
Here's Hoping!!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by vickys
Here's Hoping!!
That's all we can do

Keep the faith folks, we'll get there in the end
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:28 pm
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Hi Folks, this waiting is painful. Our application was posted to oz on 24/07/07.
Sent a bankers draught, but not sure if it was cashed or not.
Would love to go ahead with the meds, but being that i can be abit pessamistic, i would rather wait till the paper work goes thru.
Brendan
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Cubbers will become famous soon enough

hi brendan
we applied 24th july too and we waiting for a CO before we go ahead with meds and PCC's, can't find enough things to occupy ourselves without checking the e-mail every couple of hours!!!

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.