British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

Ozzy7 Jul 10th 2008 12:03 pm

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Congratulations to everyone who has recieved there visa recently!:thumbsup:

hereshoping Jul 10th 2008 8:27 pm

congratulations everyone, there is a lot of movement now, it's all very exciting.

vickys Jul 10th 2008 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by direct2dubai (Post 6546987)
Dont worry about that number..........

We got our visa grant email 40 minutes ago!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbup::thumbsup:

Skills Assess Completed Sept 06
Application lodged 26 July 07
Pre Acknowledgement October 07
Full Acknowledgement November 07
Case Officer Assigned December 07
Medicals Completed Feb 08
Police Clearance April 08
Medicals Cleared HOC June 08
Visa Grant 7 July 2008 (i suppose thats the date that counts)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL JULYEES STILL WAITING........ IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Loads of congratulations huys really pleased for you

Originally Posted by pinkjane08 (Post 6555680)
GOT VISA'S :thumbsup::thumbsup:

excellent news well done and get those bubbles flowing

Originally Posted by maisey (Post 6556799)
Just a quick one before I catch the taxi to the airport - live the dream!!! See you in Oz.
Good luck to those still waiting for whatever reason - I hope you follow me soon.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope you had a safe journey Maisey, let us know that you are ok when you get there. Really, really happy for you, seems like a life time since last July. take care in settling in :thumbsup::thumbup:

propercornish Jul 11th 2008 7:46 am

Originally Posted by pinkjane08 (Post 6555680)
GOT VISA'S :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congratulations!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

propercornish Jul 11th 2008 7:52 am

Originally Posted by maisey (Post 6556799)
Just a quick one before I catch the taxi to the airport - live the dream!!! See you in Oz.
Good luck to those still waiting for whatever reason - I hope you follow me soon.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good luck Maisey! Enjoy the trip:thumbup:

pomerz Jul 14th 2008 10:14 am

We are still here and still battling, Police Checks now gone and confirmation from the doctors and hospital that all our medical checks are fine too:thumbsup: so we aint dying and we are moving closer to the holy grail!

I know we are miles behind most but as its gone quiet i thought id share our little nugget of good news :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats to recent visa grants

Be Lucky
Matt Rach n Ole';)

vickys Jul 14th 2008 10:20 am

Originally Posted by pomerz (Post 6571237)
We are still here and still battling, Police Checks now gone and confirmation from the doctors and hospital that all our medical checks are fine too:thumbsup: so we aint dying and we are moving closer to the holy grail!

I know we are miles behind most but as its gone quiet i thought id share our little nugget of good news :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Be Lucky
Matt Rach n Ole';)

That is fantastic news Rach and Matt really pleased for you, you will hear something soon (positive thinking as usual!!)

lolylew Jul 14th 2008 7:30 pm

Be Lucky
Matt Rach n Ole';)

fantastic news..........
i bet you'll be suprised.....once the meds have been cleared by LCU, you'll probably get the 'YES' quicker than you think.........hereshoping!!!!:thumbup:

do you have a house to sell!!!!

lisa
:thumbsup:

hereshoping Jul 14th 2008 7:34 pm

Be Lucky
Matt Rach n Ole';)

glad to hear you're getting somewhere... will keep my fingers crossed for you.

we fly in 9 days... I'm starting to get nervous. Just been offered a job though :)

lolylew Jul 14th 2008 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by hereshoping (Post 6572306)

we fly in 9 days... I'm starting to get nervous. Just been offered a job though :)

wow!!!!!.....great news on the job!!!!! :thumbsup:

1 thing less to worry about :thumbup:

Sally Simpson Jul 14th 2008 9:11 pm

Be Lucky
Matt Rach n Ole';)

Good news, getting closer:thumbsup:
Can I uncross any of my fingers yet?;)

Sally Simpson Jul 14th 2008 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by hereshoping (Post 6572306)

Congrats on the job:thumbsup:
What do you do & is it what you want?

I had a phone interview last night. They were running late & it didn't start until midnight:eek: Needless to say, my brain was not fully engaged by the time it finishe at 12.50am:sneaky:

hereshoping Jul 14th 2008 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by sallyclaire (Post 6572507)
Congrats on the job:thumbsup:
What do you do & is it what you want?

I had a phone interview last night. They were running late & it didn't start until midnight:eek: Needless to say, my brain was not fully engaged by the time it finishe at 12.50am:sneaky:

I feel for you, my brain was certainly not engaged at 7am this morning when I had my interview... and it's hard to get into interview mode sitting in a friends spare room talking on a mobile phone!

I'm a teacher so it's for a secondary science post for 2 terms, which could possibly turn into a permanant head of science post. And the school is only about 18km from where think we'll end up living. I'm going to see the school in 2 weeks when we get to Melbourne to talk things through more fully with the principal.

brendan d Jul 15th 2008 2:30 am

Gr8 stuff Hereshoping :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brendan.

Glad to see this thread getting more positive.:thumbsup:

Good luck to everyone still waiting on news.

Brendan

Sally Simpson Jul 15th 2008 5:12 am

Originally Posted by hereshoping (Post 6572757)
I feel for you, my brain was certainly not engaged at 7am this morning when I had my interview... and it's hard to get into interview mode sitting in a friends spare room talking on a mobile phone!

I'm a teacher so it's for a secondary science post for 2 terms, which could possibly turn into a permanant head of science post. And the school is only about 18km from where think we'll end up living. I'm going to see the school in 2 weeks when we get to Melbourne to talk things through more fully with the principal.

That sounds geat:thumbsup:

Are you getting excited?