Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Clara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

Hello everyone...

Sorry I haven't been on line and have no time to read backwards but just to give you a quick update my father passed away suddenly hence no contact from me. To say it has been hell is an understatement but we are still on to leave next Saturday 3rd May. Amongst the funeral etc I had a telephone interview and got a job! I start on May 20th...

I hope everyone is ok and I hope to catch up when things settle a little.

C x
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Clara W
Hello everyone...

Sorry I haven't been on line and have no time to read backwards but just to give you a quick update my father passed away suddenly hence no contact from me. To say it has been hell is an understatement but we are still on to leave next Saturday 3rd May. Amongst the funeral etc I had a telephone interview and got a job! I start on May 20th...

C x

clara,

sorry to hear the sad news of your father , what a terrible time you must of had.

on the other hand, really please youve managed to get a job, congratulations.
where & what is the job if you dont mind me asking?

lisa
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone...

C x
Clara
So sorry to hear your sad news you must be devastated, I am thinking of you and your family at this sad time.
Congratulations on the job I am sure your dad will be watching you and keeping you safe on your journey.
Good luck for May 3rd and lets hope life in Oz brings you happiness.
May
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

This has more than likely been posted on here before, but it made ma laugh.

The questions below about Australia are from potential visitors.
They were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a sense of humour.

*Q:* Does it ever get windy in Australia? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? (UK).

*A:* We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

*Q:* Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? (USA)

*A:* Depends how much you've been drinking.

*Q:* I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks (Sweden)?

*A:* Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

*Q:* Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Hervey Bay? (UK)

*A:* What did your last slave die of?

*Q:* Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)

*A:* A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not ... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.

*Q:* Which direction is North in Australia? (USA)

*A:* Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

*Q:* Can I bring cutlery into Australia? (UK)

*A:* Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

*Q:* Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)

*A:* Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is ... oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

*Q:* Can I wear high heels in Australia? (UK)

*A:* You are a British politician, right?

*Q:* Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? (Germany)

*A:* No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers.

Milk is illegal.

*Q:* Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)

*A:* Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

*Q:* I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. (USA)

*A:* It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

*Q:* I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia? (USA)

*A:* Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

*Q:* Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)

*A:* Yes, gay night clubs.

*Q:* Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (France)

*A:* Only at Christmas.

*Q:* I was in Australia in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the girl I dated while I was staying in Kings Cross*. Can you help? (USA)

*A:* Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

*Q:* Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)

*A:* Yes, but you'll have to learn it first.

Last edited by Shoan and Rich; Apr 25th 2008 at 4:34 pm. Reason: It pasted a wee bit wonky !
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Hello everyone...

C x
Clara,I'm so sorry to hear the sad news...we're thinking of you.
We hope you have a good journey and all the best in your new job.
Please keep us updated..

Take Care

Debby
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
Its finally my turn to say next week I will be living in OZ!
Go Girl go girl, you deserve it, in all seriousness though babe, i hope your journey goes ok and you have a wonderful and safe time when you get there, don't forget to keep us updated, take care. x

Originally Posted by pomerz
LATEST NEWS ON THE POMS!

Had a really 'positive' chat with our agent on all subjects and it would appear all is not lost.

The DIAC have been actively seeking to 'knock off' as many Bond claimers as possibly after the collapse of the system. By knocking off i mean routing through applications to see who potentially arent meeting the standard and picking them off reducing the collective and removing the problem!

Anyway we are seeking answers to why my criteria has been refused and have plans to submit evidence in an appeal to prove i can meet the requirements. At this point if all goes well and thats a big if, with our luck, we will let the DIAC know we intend to withraw the bond application and switch to the State sponsorship already offered by those VERY NICE PEOPLE in LUSH Adelaide.....

The soap opera known as the Pomerz in Oz rolls on...

Please keep it all crossed for us and we will keep all crossed for you

Be Lucky Matt n Rach

OO anyone been to the Belfry Nr Brum? Im on a course in a couple of weeks and wondered if it was as nice as the pics???
Everything corssed for you guys, hope you get the offer of a visa through without too much of a wait. take care

Hello everyone...

C x
So so sorry to hear your news Clara, sending you all my deepest sympathies chick. I truely believe that your dad will be up there keeping an eye on you and making sure that everything goes swimmingly for you. I hope that things are ok for you

On a positive side loads of congratulations on the job front, hope the journey goes ok and all the luck in the world for a wonderful time both whilst you are on your journey and when you get there.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich
This has more than likely been posted on here before, but it made ma laugh.

The questions below about Australia are from potential visitors.
They were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a sense of humour.

*Q:* Does it ever get windy in Australia? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? (UK).

*A:* We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

*Q:* Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? (USA)

*A:* Depends how much you've been drinking.

*Q:* I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks (Sweden)?

*A:* Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

*Q:* Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Hervey Bay? (UK)

*A:* What did your last slave die of?

*Q:* Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)

*A:* A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not ... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.

*Q:* Which direction is North in Australia? (USA)

*A:* Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

*Q:* Can I bring cutlery into Australia? (UK)

*A:* Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

*Q:* Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)

*A:* Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is ... oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

*Q:* Can I wear high heels in Australia? (UK)

*A:* You are a British politician, right?

*Q:* Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? (Germany)

*A:* No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers.

Milk is illegal.

*Q:* Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)

*A:* Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

*Q:* I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. (USA)

*A:* It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

*Q:* I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia? (USA)

*A:* Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

*Q:* Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)

*A:* Yes, gay night clubs.

*Q:* Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (France)

*A:* Only at Christmas.

*Q:* I was in Australia in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the girl I dated while I was staying in Kings Cross*. Can you help? (USA)

*A:* Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

*Q:* Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)

*A:* Yes, but you'll have to learn it first.
Loved that!!!! can you imagine gettting away with that in the UK?
Old Apr 26th 2008, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linds
Hi guys, just an update for you waiting, we have been in Adelaide for 6 weeks now. Its gorgeous, beaches ,parks, swimming baths with slides for £10 for a family of five, its ace. II have been very homesick but the weather helps and we have met some good friends. I start my job on 5th may as district nurse 8-4.30 mon-fri, very nervous, but i did it in the uk for 12 years!!

The kids love it and have settled into the school very well, hope this heps and any info send me an email
xx
Linds, really glad to hear that things are going well so far! Good luck starting your new job, you will be fine! Keep us updated

Hello everyone...

C x
Clara, sincere condolences, you must have been having an awful time of it lately.

Congrats on the job though!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

oanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to alloanarebeccanegrea is a name known to all

Nothing here AGAIN for me!! .Clara, sincere condolences!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:49 am
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Clara, so sorry to hear your sad news. Good luck with the move on the
3rd

I'm still in house selling limbo, evan brought in another agent to boost our chances.
Good luck to everyone waitin on some kind of news

Brendan
Old Apr 28th 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

A quick goodbye as I need to pack the pc, we fly out on the 2nd May to Perth I will do an update asap, good luck to everyone.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

HI clara, so sorry about youre dad you must be having a tough time, sincere sympathy wishes to you and best of look with the new job and life downunder,
Ozzy good luck in your'e new life bet you excited

take care
rach
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
A quick goodbye as I need to pack the pc, we fly out on the 2nd May to Perth I will do an update asap, good luck to everyone.
Ozzy have a safe journey and make sure you get on line a s a p to update us all.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

safe journey ozzy , get back on here asap to tell us how you're getting on

just had the estate agent ring to arrange a viewing tomorrow @ 1.30....................bloody hell the house is a MESS & i have a hair appointment in the morning ..............tidied the utility and now i feel like a rest already so thought i'd check up on BE , god help me when i'm on the 4th loo, think i'll be on the gin by then !!!!!

lisa
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

well....................sitting here thinking about tyding the house wont get it done

asked the estate agent to come & help me, & she said 'no way, i'm off to portugal tomorrow', its alright for some hey!

really am going now.....probably be back on L8R for another rest

lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.