Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by vickys
Well spotted chuck i'm in such a daze over one little email it's untrue!!!! The med's arrived at LCU last friday and the PCC'shave been scanned over today so hopefully not too long at all. Anyone know the current delay at the LCU?? last I heard it was 7 weeks. I'll update the tiemlines too in a sec.

good luck to everyone else waiting to hear - hope the visa's come through really quickly!!!
Congrats on the CO, hope it's not too long for you now.

Like Lisa says ours took 5 weeks, yours should be shorter as there is no holiday, but I hesitate to say that or you might start getting carzily impatient like I did
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SHAZ3
Booked our flights too, leaving for Brisbane on 14th March...........suddenly seems so real so naturally have started to go into panic mode!!!Starting work in Caboolture Hospital end of April but have a million things to do first like, hand in resignation, find rental accommodation, buy car, enrol 3 daughters in suitable schools, buy plot of land to build dream house on, sell old house etc...etc...etc...having lots of restless nights..eventhough i know we are doing the right thing. Getting the visa was actually the easy part!!!! anyone else feeling like this?
Oh yes I know exactly how you are feeling, had first viewing today. Some bloke who was obviously seeing houses for someone else. Came with his clipboard. His clients I overheard had gone on market at weekend selling a detached 5 bedroom house in bedford so why he is looking at semi detached 3 bedroom I have no idea. Apparently his clients will require a seperate dressing room!! So why looking at 3 bedroom semi!!! So annoyed as cleaned all morning. This is what it will be like for next few months I guess.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hereshoping
Congrats on the CO, hope it's not too long for you now.

Like Lisa says ours took 5 weeks, yours should be shorter as there is no holiday, but I hesitate to say that or you might start getting carzily impatient like I did
Have no fear hereshoping i'm already impatient, have been since about November, half of me wants to get there yesterday but then i realise just how much needs doing before we can and it brings me down to earth realising that we probably wouldn't get there before July ish even if we had it now. We do still have to sell the house yet and it's not even up for sale yet.

5 weeks to prepare for a lifetime of happiness is nothing (she says with impatience written all over her face!!)

Shaz3, I think what you are saying is normal, i'm feeling a it that way and i've only just got my CO - goodness knows what i'll be like when i actually get the visa. You will be fine, i've read a lot about people who were april applicants and they were feeling the same as you are now. There are quite a few 'to do lists' on the forum to help and everyone will assist with whatever we can do. Good luck and take care
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Loads and loads of congrat's to hereshoping, it's about time that you got yours!! Well i've just opened my inbox and we've got out case officer today, they are asking for med's and police clearances, the meds have arrived at LCU last week and our PCC's came through saturday so they've now been scanned over. And it is my turn to walk round work with a silly grin on my face without a care in the world, it's fantastic, lovely great and brilliant. Application to CO without a word but well worth the wait

OMG I am SO pleased for you You have been really patient, always encouraging everyone else when you must have felt so forgot about. Hip Hip Hurray Vicky!!

Caroline
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Loads and loads of congrat's to hereshoping, it's about time that you got yours!! Well i've just opened my inbox and we've got out case officer today, they are asking for med's and police clearances, the meds have arrived at LCU last week and our PCC's came through saturday so they've now been scanned over. And it is my turn to walk round work with a silly grin on my face without a care in the world, it's fantastic, lovely great and brilliant. Application to CO without a word but well worth the wait

CONGRATULATIONS
Im sooooooooooo pleased for you about time you had some news
Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=hereshoping;5813767]Well I guess all the Karma worked, I've just been looking though my bulk mail folder and guess what I found

VISA GRANT LETTER

Yes that's right it had been sitting in my bulk mail folder since tuesday, but i couldn't care less about the extra 5 days of stress because

WE HAVE OUR VISA!!!!

I can't stop shaking, very exciting and a little scared.

Brilliant news, well done, its a wonderful feeling isnt it, a week on from our grant letter and I still cant wipe this smile off my face Just send off the paassports and cant wait for them to come back with those magic stickers.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clara W
We have our meds today I didn't think I would be that worried but now I am. Our x rays are not until Friday so we have a week of it! I would hate to get this far and now fail... Last hurdle!
Hope all went well!

Yippee! Great news at long last!

Booked our flights too, leaving for Brisbane on 14th March...........suddenly seems so real so naturally have started to go into panic mode!!!Starting work in Caboolture Hospital end of April but have a million things to do first like, hand in resignation, find rental accommodation, buy car, enrol 3 daughters in suitable schools, buy plot of land to build dream house on, sell old house etc...etc...etc...having lots of restless nights..eventhough i know we are doing the right thing. Getting the visa was actually the easy part!!!! anyone else feeling like this?
Exciting & stressful! Good luck!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

linds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nice

we are at that stage of selling our house and it has to be all done in 6 weeks (think its five now) havent even received all quotes off shippers yet! they will have to be here in 3-4 weeks time. Dont know wether im coming or going. I can make time to come on here though and give some support where needed COME ON YOU VISA GRANTS!!
Good luck xx
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linds
we are at that stage of selling our house and it has to be all done in 6 weeks (think its five now) havent even received all quotes off shippers yet! they will have to be here in 3-4 weeks time. Dont know wether im coming or going. I can make time to come on here though and give some support where needed COME ON YOU VISA GRANTS!!
Good luck xx
Nice to see you !
Now go get some packing & sorting done!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Well done babe, you have been waiting for ages, you have overtook us now what with you getting a Case Officer
Now get the house up for sale.

Nicky
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

[QUOTE=Ozzy7;5819021]
Well I guess all the Karma worked, I've just been looking though my bulk mail folder and guess what I found

VISA GRANT LETTER

Yes that's right it had been sitting in my bulk mail folder since tuesday, but i couldn't care less about the extra 5 days of stress because

WE HAVE OUR VISA!!!!

I can't stop shaking, very exciting and a little scared.

Brilliant news, well done, its a wonderful feeling isnt it, a week on from our grant letter and I still cant wipe this smile off my face Just send off the paassports and cant wait for them to come back with those magic stickers.
Aww! wow! brill news. loadza luck to u
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Clara W
We have our meds today I didn't think I would be that worried but now I am. Our x rays are not until Friday so we have a week of it! I would hate to get this far and now fail... Last hurdle!
Hope these went well and good luck for friday
Fantastic news especially as you have done police checks and medicals, won't be long now
Yeah, looks like all meds take about the same time to process.

We're off to Melbourne, hopefully in the summer.

Still in shock, have to tell my boss today
Hope it went ok with telling boss if they are nice they should be pleased for you.
How exciting must seem a bit more real, I am so busy trying to keep house tidy. You'll be fine with schools etc, try police auctions in Queensland for car as heard you can get some real bargains. I keep dreaming about all that has to be done, I am even finding myself crying when I watch wanted down under and they do the family bit.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by linds
Good luck xx
Thanks for all the congrat's guys, and loads of congrats to eveyone who has heard. For those who thought I was patient i'm not really, i just think that everyone else must feel as frustrated as myself and that it will happen when it happens and that everything in life happens for a reason. I just have every faith in my agent and i'm just kinda leaving it to her and she lets me know if anything is happening and restores my faith when i ring up really frustrated.

Those VISA's will come through really soon and we'll all be stressing about the heck of a lot of work we have to do inbetween then and our flights

Good luck everyone
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Have no fear hereshoping i'm already impatient, have been since about November, half of me wants to get there yesterday but then i realise just how much needs doing before we can and it brings me down to earth realising that we probably wouldn't get there before July ish even if we had it now. We do still have to sell the house yet and it's not even up for sale yet.

5 weeks to prepare for a lifetime of happiness is nothing (she says with impatience written all over her face!!)

Shaz3, I think what you are saying is normal, i'm feeling a it that way and i've only just got my CO - goodness knows what i'll be like when i actually get the visa. You will be fine, i've read a lot about people who were april applicants and they were feeling the same as you are now. There are quite a few 'to do lists' on the forum to help and everyone will assist with whatever we can do. Good luck and take care

Congratulations on getting a CO!!!

Debbie
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Sue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone
i dont post messages very often on the forum, but i am addicted to reading the posts, thought i would post so would give people a time span of very the processing is up to,
are medicals were received at LCU on 7th January and to day we have got our VISA,
SO it looks like things are moving very fast.
Well thanks again for all the good advice, and i will still be addicted to reading
Cheers
Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.