Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anybody from hampshire out there

anybody from hampshire out there

Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default Re: anybody from hampshire out there

Hello Gang!

Quite new to this site, and was hoping to attend some sort of meeting to get aquainted with a few people. I am from Southampton.
My name's Claire, myself, hubby Kevin and two girls (5 & 6) are hoping to be in Brisbane by November. We are both childrens nurses and have been offered sponsorship by The Mater Childrens Hospital. Just waiting for Queensland Nursing Council registration and then hospital will start visa application. Anyone know how long this will take. Is November optimistic?
Still trying to work out where to live, there's so much to learn.

Would love to meet up with you guys for a drink over Easter. Please let us know what's happening. Somewhere with kids in mind would be ideal!

Robbo2.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Just bouncing this back to the top!

When are we meeting up Guys?
Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Someone else suggested Easter weekend and a venue of the Farm House pub on Eastern Road in Portsmouth. This pub does have facilities for the kids.
Let me start the ball rolling and say Saturday 26th at the Farm House @ 2pm. Most places will be booked up on Easter Sunday.

If this becomes the venue, then i will post dirctions for those that dont know Portsmouth. Its very easy to find off the A27.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Someone else suggested Easter weekend and a venue of the Farm House pub on Eastern Road in Portsmouth. This pub does have facilities for the kids.
Let me start the ball rolling and say Saturday 26th at the Farm House @ 2pm. Most places will be booked up on Easter Sunday.

If this becomes the venue, then i will post dirctions for those that dont know Portsmouth. Its very easy to find off the A27.
Hi again,
Sat 26th is not a good day for us, but would really love to come. If everyone else can make it, I'll try and change my shift at work.
Do keep me posted.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chr1sarter

BOUNCE!
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robbo2
BOUNCE!
Bounce bounce bounce!
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:55 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Buzby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

We are living in Odiham (RAF). Just about to sign with an agent, we are hoping to join my other half of my family in Adelaide. Thats if I can get over the nerves and butterflies. Off to visit Oz this Christmas, can't wait.

Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by robert clarke
hi there,

My name is robert and my wife jane and 3 kids are in process of doing TRA for chef to look to go to brisbane. Is there anyone who is at the same stage as us and live in the hampshire area, we live in horndean.

We would love to hear from you and also any tips on the process.

Its taken us 6 months just to go the relevant paperwork together for doing the TRA, does it get any easier
hello! i sympathise with u it really does take a long time..are u using an agent or going alone? my husband is a bricklayer,we have a one year old little girl we live on the isle of wight.and cant wait to get to oz!!! we lodged our application 2months ago so jus waiting and waiting and waiting!!people on here say that once u get ur TRA u are prettey much accepted.so we keeping fingers crossed and toes! good luck to you.. p.s it took us 2 years to do everything.didnt use an agent.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzby
Hi everyone,

We are living in Odiham (RAF). Just about to sign with an agent, we are hoping to join my other half of my family in Adelaide. Thats if I can get over the nerves and butterflies. Off to visit Oz this Christmas, can't wait.

Buzby - have you had a look at www.adelaidebrits.tk? Full of people heading out to Adelaide.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JJJHM
We aren't a million miles away in Whiteley, Fareham... we have our visas in our passports and going to Brisbane August/September time...
hi. so u sent ur medicals unrequested? what about chest xray as our local hospital say they need some documentation asking for one.hectic.i assume we jus wait till the dimia request medicals on paper and take that.??
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:29 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by robert clarke
hi there,

My name is robert and my wife jane and 3 kids are in process of doing TRA for chef to look to go to brisbane. Is there anyone who is at the same stage as us and live in the hampshire area, we live in horndean.

We would love to hear from you and also any tips on the process.

Its taken us 6 months just to go the relevant paperwork together for doing the TRA, does it get any easier
We also live in Horndean, waiting for brother to have last and final interview with centrelink, then we should have ours visas.

Then all we have to do is sell the house..Been on market since Oct..

also live two doors away from janeandray

So good luck..
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:31 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by artep
by crikey all these peeps in hampshire.........and there's me thinking pompey meets we're a thing of the past as I was the only one left!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never knew you should of sorted out more meets Petra

How it going Hun.

xxxx
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:38 pm
Now in Mandurah

Originally Posted by Jane Norgate
Hi
i live in Alton, Hampshire, this is the first time i've used the site, my husband and i and my two children hope to move to Perth Western Australia around July time on a 138 visa. We've had our medicals and police checks done and our AoS appointment with Centrelink is today, so i am trying to wait patiently for an email. We found the TRA was the hardest bit, our TRA came back in August 04, after that things seemed to move along quite nicely, but i will say it doesn't get any easier the closer you get.

Hi Jane
We are going over on a 139 visa was put in medicals, police checks done really quick now we have had a go. STOP. Centrelink are pain in the A**** no one seems to know what they are doing how it goes really well for you.
My brother final appointment is next Wed then I hope we will finally be there. It is so annoying sitting here this end and there is not a thing you can do about it.
We have been sitting in limbo land I think it seems forever.
But like you said none of it gets any easier, but it will be worth it in the end
Old Mar 18th 2005, 3:00 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

tis goin' really good Pauline!!!!! I'm one VERY happy bunny!!!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2005, 3:15 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Buzby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marco121068
Buzby - have you had a look at www.adelaidebrits.tk? Full of people heading out to Adelaide.
Hi Marco,

Yes checked them out this morning infact. Its a good site, cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.