British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anybody from hampshire out there (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anybody-hampshire-out-there-290003/)

robert clarke Mar 14th 2005 4:52 pm

anybody from hampshire out there

hi there,

My name is robert and my wife jane and 3 kids are in process of doing TRA for chef to look to go to brisbane. Is there anyone who is at the same stage as us and live in the hampshire area, we live in horndean.

We would love to hear from you and also any tips on the process.

Its taken us 6 months just to go the relevant paperwork together for doing the TRA, does it get any easier :confused:

gobbyjock Mar 14th 2005 6:10 pm

Re: anybody from hampshire out there

Originally Posted by robert clarke
hi there,

My name is robert and my wife jane and 3 kids are in process of doing TRA for chef to look to go to brisbane. Is there anyone who is at the same stage as us and live in the hampshire area, we live in horndean.

Its taken us 6 months just to go the relevant paperwork together for doing the TRA, does it get any easier :confused:

Hi there!! We are in Gosport, hope to start the TRA process middle of this year once hubby gets home(he is RN). We hope to go to Perth on a 138 visa skilled sponsored visa :)

jtimkey Mar 14th 2005 6:14 pm

hello matey, we are in horndean too, just off stonechat.
been there done it for a little while came back now going out again LOL

coxfamuk Mar 14th 2005 6:16 pm

hi there,

Hey there

We are from Clanfield!! We are in the process of getting all the documentation together for the first stage of our assessment to be assessed by the CPAA (accountancy). Accountancy has been added to the skills on demand list and as such we have been told that we can expect our visa within 6 - 8 months (fingers crossed). We will be settling in Melbourne as that is where my sister-in-law is based. We should meet up for a drink!! :beer:

jtimkey Mar 14th 2005 6:18 pm

Down the farmers in catherington for a pint then LOL

JJJHM Mar 14th 2005 6:22 pm

We aren't a million miles away in Whiteley, Fareham... we have our visas in our passports and going to Brisbane August/September time...

jtimkey Mar 14th 2005 6:24 pm

sounds like we all need to meet up for a informal beer :beer:

JJJHM Mar 14th 2005 6:27 pm

Met with rayandjane at the wekend, really nice family... they're also from Horndean headed to Brisbane...

coxfamuk Mar 14th 2005 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by jtimkey
sounds like we all need to meet up for a informal beer :beer:

Set the time and place and we will definitely try to be there :beer: :D

chr1sarter Mar 14th 2005 6:36 pm

hi there,

Robert,
Were in Fareham. No Horndean well. Were lucky that we have our visa's now, and are preparing to leave this wonderful country. The process gets easier, but more stressful. As far as i know, being a Chef puts you at top of the list, and you should be fast tracked through this process. Chef's and Hairdressers are in great demand. Make sure you fully understand what TRA are requesting from you on experience and qualifications. It only adds to the stress and time when they request more information from you.
Once you get through the TRA process the paper work side is a lot easier.

If you meet the requirements from TRA, your healthy and have a relatively clean criminal record, you shouldnt worry. You just have to sit back and wait for each stage to complete, as you cannot influence the decision or time taken. I guarantee you wont, and you will get frustrated about why you haven't heard anything, but you will be like everyone else here.

Best of luck. Enjoy the roller coaster

jtimkey Mar 14th 2005 7:14 pm

Can anybody sugest a date or a venue..

anybody about over the easter period ?

maybe the farmhouse in portsmouth, kids can keep busy while we are there ?

gobbyjock Mar 14th 2005 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Robert,
Were in Fareham. No Horndean well. Were lucky that we have our visa's now, and are preparing to leave this wonderful country. The process gets easier, but more stressful. As far as i know, being a Chef puts you at top of the list, and you should be fast tracked through this process. Chef's and Hairdressers are in great demand. Make sure you fully understand what TRA are requesting from you on experience and qualifications. It only adds to the stress and time when they request more information from you.
Once you get through the TRA process the paper work side is a lot easier.

If you meet the requirements from TRA, your healthy and have a relatively clean criminal record, you shouldnt worry. You just have to sit back and wait for each stage to complete, as you cannot influence the decision or time taken. I guarantee you wont, and you will get frustrated about why you haven't heard anything, but you will be like everyone else here.

Best of luck. Enjoy the roller coaster

Is there actually going to be anyone left in Hampshire?? Everyone seems to be leaving it!! :p

artep Mar 14th 2005 7:44 pm

by crikey all these peeps in hampshire.........and there's me thinking pompey meets we're a thing of the past as I was the only one left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pompeywill Mar 14th 2005 7:53 pm

Hi,
we are from Portsmouth, Paul,Hayley and 3 kids. We received our bond certificate today so we are a long way down the road, a few weeks from our Visa's I reckon.

There used to be regular Pompey meets up until about 6 moths ago, but the girls that used to organise them have left for Aus now so its gone a bit quiet.

If anyone wants to organise a meet up we will certainly be there. The old meets used to be at the Compass Rose (next to Safeways) Ancorage park.
But anywhere will do, wherever is convienient for everyone.

pompeywill Mar 14th 2005 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by artep
by crikey all these peeps in hampshire.........and there's me thinking pompey meets we're a thing of the past as I was the only one left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're all waiting for you to leave so we can talk about you :) :)

How are you fixed for Saturday Petra