Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Are you ACCA here?
Yeah I'm an FCCA. ICAA replied in 2 wks!!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:11 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Is it that bad from heathrow? Oh god better look at franfurt then.
What terminal do you have to go to in heathrow from terminal 1 does anyone know.
Our times are arriving heathrow 8.55am leaving heathrow at 11.50am, will that be enough time. It is only a transfer after all isn't it, we won't have to check in again.
My sister has flown back and forth several times and has said Heathrow is a nightmare cos you've to get from terminal 1 to terminal 5 !!!

The last 2 times she's flown she's gone through Frankfurt and the connecting flight is in the same terminal PLUS the overall flight time is 1 and a half hours less (very good for me as I hate flying )

Originally Posted by Baby75
is that for one way

Yes, this is one way.
Irish Gal
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Gosh you've all landed here today - great to have so many Irish to chat to.

Silverski - there's NOTHING wrong with your thread - we're all happy to stay here.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

leigh-c will become famous soon enough

hi all, only new to the site, just saw some you talking about flying to oz and haven to go through heathrow so said id give my experience on flying over, iv flown with Qantas through heathrow and it was a pain in the hole transferring through it going over and coming back, so when i flew last time i flew with an airline called ETIHAD airways they are the national airline of the United Arab Emirates and they were pretty good they fly Dublin direct to Abu dhabi and then onto Sydney avoiding heathrow all together which was a big plus but i found them better over all, more room in the seats and more comfy too, also the staff were very friendly and the price was cheaper then the others when i went.
Its definatly worth a look anyway, anything to avoid heathrow:curse:
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Hi all

I usually just surf on here and don't post too often anymore but decided to throw caution to the wind and join in properly again today.

Irish and in Melbourne since 20th Dec last and we love it. Hubby, me and two girls aged 8 and 10.

I've kept a blog of everything we went through from the day we arrived. What we did, how we managed, where we went etc. If any of you are interested or if you think it will help you at all then just PM me and I'll send you the link so you can go and read it for yourselves.

You'll find info on things like

TFN = Tax File Number
Medicare
Driving licence
Electrical shopping
Market - Victoria Market is brill
Beaches
Kids school

Sorry but you'll have to read through all the waffle to find the bits that are relevant to you.

Anyway, best of luck to all of you.

Trish
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome back Trish!!!! Have just had a look at the blog. Good to see everything is going really really well and the girls have settled in.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
My sister has flown back and forth several times and has said Heathrow is a nightmare cos you've to get from terminal 1 to terminal 5 !!!

Irish Gal
Hey I have been told that since the new terminal opened in Heathrow that its not that bad. Not sure how true this is?
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:57 am
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

HI all,

Have you check the electronic application status enquiry page for your visa applications recently.

There is a new link at the bottom of the page.

This is one to keep an eye on.

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverski
HI all,

Have you check the electronic application status enquiry page for your visa applications recently.

There is a new link at the bottom of the page.

This is one to keep an eye on.

Regards

Silverski
Hi,
Is it true you've got a CO already?
Old Apr 27th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Originally Posted by Mairead
Welcome back Trish!!!! Have just had a look at the blog. Good to see everything is going really really well and the girls have settled in.
Cheers Mairead

It's been a while since I posted on here hasn't it. After the move I just didn't have time - hence the multiply site. I found myself answering a million emails a week and that was just from family. Multiply made it a lot easier from my point of view anyway.

I have to admit that we feel like we've come home moving over here. The school the girls go to is fantastic. The area we live in is quiet (it is still being built), but Mark can make it into the city in 40 mins on his bike (it takes an hour by train). Have you had a chance to look at the link I posted about where we are building and what the place (Marriott Waters) has to offer. Shops are near, so is freeway, so is highway, so is beach, etc etc etc. It really is a dream come true.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know that many people yet and am hoping in the near future to return to work part time to help rectify that but all in all we love it here and even without the friends I had at home in Ireland and in the UK I still believe we are better off. The children are thriving as is Mark and so am I.

It takes time to settle into a new environment and I do not intend to fail so watch this space. Next thing you know I'll be opening my own company or running for office LOL.

How are things going with you? Any sign of a flight date yet? Let me know if there is anything I can do for you and I'll try my best.

Bye for now.

Trish
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:05 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hi,
Is it true you've got a CO already?
HI Nige,

sorry my mistake.

regards

Silverski

PS. have amended timeline.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:11 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Default Request for sub forum for Ireland

Hi all,

I have taken the bold move of requesting a subforum for all those from ireland.

The moderators are thinking about this.

We may need to request 2 forum sections one in Immigration for the visa stuff and one in lifestyle for things like shipping.

the 2 forum headings have been suggest by Pollyana.
I am hoping that Pollyana agrees with my request.

This would help us as we have slightly different requirements than the UK.

Police clearance
Meds and Xrays
Shipping and meet ups to name but a few.

Hope that you all agree with my request.

Your support would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Silverski
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:49 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scrum
Hi all

I usually just surf on here and don't post too often anymore but decided to throw caution to the wind and join in properly again today.

Irish and in Melbourne since 20th Dec last and we love it. Hubby, me and two girls aged 8 and 10.

I've kept a blog of everything we went through from the day we arrived. What we did, how we managed, where we went etc. If any of you are interested or if you think it will help you at all then just PM me and I'll send you the link so you can go and read it for yourselves.

You'll find info on things like

TFN = Tax File Number
Medicare
Driving licence
Electrical shopping
Market - Victoria Market is brill
Beaches
Kids school

Sorry but you'll have to read through all the waffle to find the bits that are relevant to you.

Anyway, best of luck to all of you.

Trish

Hi Trish,
Thanks for the link to your blog. Even my OH has been reading it - and he hates sitting at the pc . Will probably take me a few days to catch up but looks like you've settled well. Glad your girls are doing well too. I have two girls who will be going to school too and I'm a bit nervous for them. I'm hoping there will be a buddy system in place.

Whereabouts are you again? You did say but I hadn't heard of it before and have forgotten
Irish Gal
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bailey1
Hey I have been told that since the new terminal opened in Heathrow that its not that bad. Not sure how true this is?
I think it is terminal 3 that you need to go to not T5. T5 is BA only.
Well singapore is T3 anyway.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:29 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Gosh you've all landed here today - great to have so many Irish to chat to.

Silverski - there's NOTHING wrong with your thread - we're all happy to stay here.
Thanks Melbourne

regards

silverski

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.