Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Ah great seeing as I have ya all here together () can anyone recommend good airlines for flying to Oz from Dublin.

I have looked at prices from singapore (ok)and etihad (too expensive).

We are flying end sept with 16 month old girl.

We have provisionally booked bulkhead seats all the way on a380 with basinette for the little one with singapore from london with aer lingus from dub to lon.

Any other airlines that i should be looking at? What about qantas?

Who are you guys booking with?

Thanks

I thought Etihad would be cheapest - perhaps try Trailfinders or Usit... they are both very helpful with bookings in my opinion. There are lots of bad reports about Qantus on here but we want to stop in Thailand for a few weeks so are options are limited that way. End of September is when we are also hoping to go and the prices seem okay at that time... 6777888 Trailfinders & 602 1906 is Usit...
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bailey1
We are using Cathay Pacific. Hope they are good. The travel agent from Trailfinders recommended them to us.
Ah yeah never thought of them. Will give them a call.
Which part of Wexford are ya from?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:14 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mairead
Irish gal, did you manage to exchange your currency? I just had a quick look at the rate and its not good.....
I know. Its really dropped in the last few days. Hoping it goes back up again. Got my Westpac details on Tuesday so ready to transfer

Originally Posted by Lettik
Never even been to OZ!!!! are we mad???? got friends in Oz and all have said we'd love it. So we threw in an application for the hell of it and life is for living, so will prob love it when we get there, but scared at mo!
Never been either!!!

Ah great seeing as I have ya all here together () can anyone recommend good airlines for flying to Oz from Dublin.

I have looked at prices from singapore (ok)and etihad (too expensive).

We are flying end sept with 16 month old girl.

We have provisionally booked bulkhead seats all the way on a380 with basinette for the little one with singapore from london with aer lingus from dub to lon.

Any other airlines that i should be looking at? What about qantas?

Who are you guys booking with?

Thanks

My sister has booked our flights from her local travel agency in Melbourne. We're flying Qantas and were charged $7100 which works out at about €4100!

Its for 2 adults and 3 children from Dublin-Frankfurt-Singapore-Melbourne (Less flying time ). We wanted to avoid Heathrow as its supposed to be a nightmare getting from terminal to terminal. We stay at the same one by going through Frankfurt.

Flying out on 26th June
Irish Gal
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Ah yeah never thought of them. Will give them a call.
Which part of Wexford are ya from?
Near the Ferrycarrig. U from around there? I am really from Dublin but live in Wexford.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Lettik is an unknown quantity at this point

Qantas from Dublin? I checked out BA and Virgin from Heathrow and both of them worked out at around 3500Eur for 3 adult fares - think thats 960 per person (my maths is not great!!)

Does anyone know anything about shipping pets from Ireland? debating whether to take our retriever or not. He's old, but part of the family you know!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:29 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Sorry, its Aer Lingus from Dublin..... then Qantas from Frankfurt
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bailey1
Near the Ferrycarrig. U from around there? I am really from Dublin but live in Wexford.
I'm from Wexford but living in Dublin.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irish Gal

My sister has booked our flights from her local travel agency in Melbourne. We're flying Qantas and were charged $7100 which works out at about €4100!

Its for 2 adults and 3 children from Dublin-Frankfurt-Singapore-Melbourne (Less flying time ). We wanted to avoid Heathrow as its supposed to be a nightmare getting from terminal to terminal. We stay at the same one by going through Frankfurt.

Flying out on 26th June
Irish Gal
Is it that bad from heathrow? Oh god better look at franfurt then.
What terminal do you have to go to in heathrow from terminal 1 does anyone know.
Our times are arriving heathrow 8.55am leaving heathrow at 11.50am, will that be enough time. It is only a transfer after all isn't it, we won't have to check in again.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lettik
Qantas from Dublin? I checked out BA and Virgin from Heathrow and both of them worked out at around 3500Eur for 3 adult fares - think thats 960 per person (my maths is not great!!)

Does anyone know anything about shipping pets from Ireland? debating whether to take our retriever or not. He's old, but part of the family you know!
We paid €685 each going from Dublin-Heathrow-Hong Kong-Sydney in June. The agent said May & June is the cheapest time to fly.

Last edited by Bailey1; Apr 25th 2008 at 9:49 am.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sarskis
I thought Etihad would be cheapest - perhaps try Trailfinders or Usit... they are both very helpful with bookings in my opinion. There are lots of bad reports about Qantus on here but we want to stop in Thailand for a few weeks so are options are limited that way. End of September is when we are also hoping to go and the prices seem okay at that time... 6777888 Trailfinders & 602 1906 is Usit...
Just rang trailfinders and got a quote from qantas for euro 2711 return. Flying to sydney and returning from melbourne. 2 adults and 1 infant.

singapore was euro 2765 so not much difference but singapore is a far better airline.

We are only going to validate the visa now as we are not ready to go out yet.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

I got my successful skills assessment this week from ICAA

Caught on the 12 month work experience requirement.So I have to stay put for at least 9 months...

Hopefully will be in Melbourne next year. If anyone is heading to Melbourne visit The Drunken Poet on Peel St (near the Queen Vic markets). Its a good place to meet locals & local Irish, plus they have Taytos and King crisps
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:14 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
I know. Its really dropped in the last few days. Hoping it goes back up again. Got my Westpac details on Tuesday so ready to transfer

Never been either!!!

Flying out on 26th June
Irish Gal
is that for one way
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Leedelta
Hiya,

I got my successful skills assessment this week from ICAA
Are you ACCA here?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

Frankfurt is a great idea actually we flew back through there when we were last out in Australia and it was so much smoother and less hassle... I had completely forgotten...
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sarskis
Frankfurt is a great idea actually we flew back through there when we were last out in Australia and it was so much smoother and less hassle... I had completely forgotten...
Just checked and going through frankfurt is 350 euros more and they only fly from there to Sydney on a B747 and I really want to check out the A380 which only flies from London at the moment.
Has anyone been on the A380 yet? Whats it like?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.