Reload this Page >

Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

zoe100 will become famous soon enoughzoe100 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Not having a go at anyone but ... thats just not true.

Are they banned from eating in pubs?

Are the banned from eating in all public places.

Do people eating get dirty looks as they munch on a sandwich in the open air?

Do overweight people get stopped on the street by greenie types telling them of the evil they are doing, to themselves and the world around them? (whilst ignoring all the car fumes)

In summary, you've never tried smoking in a city recently.

Cheers,
JTL

duh

an overweight person is not exuding chemicals that could give someone cancer.

i assume you smoke, and are bound to bring up the next smokers favourite "we pay so much tax we pay for the nhs to treat us so we dont cost the state anything". perhaps if i could apply your stupid and bullying logic i could point out that if you think overweigt people eat far more than non-overweight people (which the rest of the people with half a brain cell will know isnt always true) you would have to say that they also pay for nhs treatment by paying more vat on their shopping bills.

why dont you leave the building and have a fag. you have nothing worthwhile to post. alternatively read your posts before you submit them and ask yourself what their point is.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Zoe,
what the hell are talking about? You have lost it girl. Go sit down adn rest your brain dear!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

That's it Iv'e got it you sound like that Paranoid Android Marvin
lol lol lace :scared:
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

zoe100 will become famous soon enoughzoe100 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lacey21
Zoe,
what the hell are talking about? You have lost it girl. Go sit down adn rest your brain dear!

lacey 'dear' i was just pointing out that someone had been on about overweight people being able to eat in restaurants without being told to do it outside, likening their 'issue' to smokers. i was pointing out that there are no similarities to smokers and overweight people. theres no cases of people developing diabetes or other overweight related helath problems by working with someone who is overweight - unlike passive smoking and lung cancer etc.

im on your side so whoever the hell this marvin person is, dont liken me to them uneccessarily! read my post again 'dear'!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:19 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Hi halfinggirl

Please do not waste your precious time and effort on this. Been down this road many many times.

Try and twist things around for your benefit. Are people who treat others and think of them in this way REALLY the sort of people you want or need in your life? I doubt it...
I can tell from your posts you have been through the mill a bit like i have over the years, and maybe overeating was your "aenasthetic" just as others take to drink (geez theres plenty of those hovering around in here i can assure you!!) fags, drugs or whatever other hang ups that come from personal misery or tragedies sustained over the years. The only difference between you, me and them is that we WEAR our scars, they can hide theirs whenever they choose..doesnt mean they havent got any weaknesses or crutches though...
then theres those who dont have any of the vices, addictions, issues and problems so readily poured down on us mere mortals.... the holier than though regiment. "I am superior, and the rest of you should think act and behave as i do otherwise in my mind you're not worth jack shit"... i'm gettin long in the tooth..believe me, one day sometime before they die, something WILL happen to them to make them realise what arseholes they have been.

Then theres the people you really should be focusing on... the REALLY happy, confident and at peace with themselves group. They are my favourite people...the ones who live a great life, enjoy others for the good people they are, the fun they bring into their lives and have no need to compare "notes" on how better they are... you must have seem them..the ones who smile at you, pass the time of day and take a genuine interest in you for who you really are (not the size of your waistband).. theres lots of those folks out here and trust me..once you have lived in it a while getting rid of the pounds of misery is not such a daunting task as they make you feel worthy of a better life...hang in there babes and good luck with the struggle!!
I love this post. Having a really crap day today and this made it a bit lighter.
Thanks.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoe100
lacey 'dear' i was just pointing out that someone had been on about overweight people being able to eat in restaurants without being told to do it outside, likening their 'issue' to smokers. i was pointing out that there are no similarities to smokers and overweight people. theres no cases of people developing diabetes or other overweight related helath problems by working with someone who is overweight - unlike passive smoking and lung cancer etc.

im on your side so whoever the hell this marvin person is, dont liken me to them uneccessarily! read my post again 'dear'!
Well zoe , if you read the quote I was responding to, halflinggirl said that fat people get more abuse in public than smokers. I said that wasn't true, and gave examples how smokers are humiliated routinely in public, rightly or wrongly, I don't care. I'm not getting into a debate about passive smoking, car exhaust fumes, and the usual stuff it descends into.

I wasn't singing the praises of smoking in restaurants (i hate it, and didn't even mention restaurants in my post ). Were you confusing my post with someone elses, or did the red mist just well up and block all coherent thought? I was just saying that smokers get more abuse than fat people, both institutional abuse and personal abuse, so her statement was wrong. And in response I get your unbelievable rant.

Seeing as you see fit to assume I smoke, I'll assume you've got pmt and hope you feel better soon,

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:48 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Well zoe , if you read the quote I was responding to, halflinggirl said that fat people get more abuse in public than smokers. I said that wasn't true, and gave examples how smokers are humiliated routinely in public, rightly or wrongly, I don't care. I'm not getting into a debate about passive smoking, car exhaust fumes, and the usual stuff it descends into.

I wasn't singing the praises of smoking in restaurants (i hate it, and didn't even mention restaurants in my post ). Were you confusing my post with someone elses, or did the red mist just well up and block all coherent thought? I was just saying that smokers get more abuse than fat people, both institutional abuse and personal abuse, so her statement was wrong. And in response I get your unbelievable rant.

Seeing as you see fit to assume I smoke, I'll assume you've got pmt and hope you feel better soon,

Cheers,
JTL
what if you are fat and you smoke? you would get absolute pelters!! "right fatso outside and eat that sandwich, and when you are finished you can bloody well stay there and smoke your fag".

I feel able to comment on this as i am an overweight smoker.

I was going to say i was a chubby smoker, but then realised just how dodgy that sounded.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 5:12 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Many reasons? I don't think so, the main one is eating too much food, you can blame your glands if you like but in most cases it's not burning off the calories you ingest. Pretty simple really.
The issue is far more complex than this. Energy in Vs Energy out is a basic premise only. Overweight people do not usually eat more than average sized people, but the type of food, amount and frequency have a part in it. So too does physical activity and psychological (ie, depression) and other medical issues.

Basically weight can be lost by either eating 80 grams of carbohydrate a day or less (shouldn't be under 50 grams daily unless under medical supervision).
Combined with walking for 30 mins or so a day. Diabetics though need a carefully planned eating pattern as do others with a medical condition.

It can also be lost by eating greater sized portions of less dense food and smaller portions of the calorie rich foods.ie, less meat and potato and more salad or other non-starchy vegetables. Fill up on homemade soups and salads is always a good idea. Snack on fresh fruit or vege.

The real problem is many people are/ become too food centred. And advertising and convenience foods don't help. Often its about starting to implement changes in a way that can be tolerated, built upon, and sustained.

And a final note: just cause they are low fat, do you really need them in the first place? Buy mostly what you ACTUALLY need and very little what you THINK you need.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 5:18 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck
Speaking from experience or are you just fattist?

Personally I dont think you can call yourself a man until you have shagged a bird that weighs more than you.

realised today, that when my missus is full -term she will be heavier than me!!!

BM

Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:04 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck
Personally I dont think you can call yourself a man until you have shagged a bird that weighs more than you.
Shagging a fat bird is a bit like riding a moped - great fun, but you wouldn't want your mates to find out what you've been up to.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Shagging a fat bird is a bit like riding a moped - great fun, but you wouldn't want your mates to find out what you've been up to.
Unless it was for a bet

Ooops best hide somewhere now :scared:

G
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Grayling
Unless it was for a bet

Ooops best hide somewhere now :scared:

G

and this from a man who professes to have worked many years in a "caring" profession... god help us ..
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

and this from a man who professes to have worked many years in a "caring" profession... god help us ..
I'm only human

G
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Grayling
I'm only human

G

yeah... and so are those you mock...you of all people should more sense, but i quite like seeing these comments from people like you... shows far more about who you are than those you ridicule...not sure what your reasons or others are for doing it (well ok i lie..i do know)

I'm well over it in dealing with my issues, but you forget that theres many others still out there who aren't...

One of these days i may well do along post about the issues surrounding this subject and it will probably make you feel quite ashamed of yourself...but then again.......... maybe not....
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:28 am
Bitter and twisted

yeah... and so are those you mock...you of all people should more sense, but i quite like seeing these comments from people like you... shows far more about who you are than those you ridicule...not sure what your reasons or others are for doing it (well ok i lie..i do know)

I'm well over it in dealing with my issues, but you forget that theres many others still out there who aren't...

One of these days i may well do along post about the issues surrounding this subject and it will probably make you feel quite ashamed of yourself...but then again.......... maybe not....
It was a joke!

People make jokes on here all the time. People make derogatory statements on here all the time.

People make xenophobic comments on here all the time.

Why is it only seen as a crime when it concerns overweight people?

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.