Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Dazlin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Originally Posted by Grayling
Julie

My post was a general point and not just directed at you.

This crops up regularly though and most posters seem more worried about passing the medical than being overweight

Overweight is actually a serious medical issue, like Alcohol abuse or smoking.

Your health is far more important to you and your family than whether you get a visa or not.

Hopefully the migration process will act as a spur to you (and lots of others) to do something about it.

If you are only a bit overweight then the medical will be a breeze. This does not mean you should not address it though.

Good luck

G
Thanks

Julie
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Dazlin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CORKER
It's not a diet.....the've just had thier arse amputated...
CORKER
There's no need to be rude!

Julie
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

I went to have my medical 2 weeks after giving birth and wasnt exaclty slim at the time (having put on 4 1/2 stone during my pregnancy) but I got through fine.
Since coming to Oz I've lost the baby weight I put on 'cos I'm happy here and go out for lots of walks. Dont stay in and eat chocolate and drink wine each night as I did in England.
When the weathers warm and sunny and the fruits nice and sweet the weight seems to drop off. And having had 3 bad tummy bugs since I've been here probably helped too.

Seriously though if you are generally well enough to work your BMI is below 30 and your blood pressure Ok then you have little to worry about.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dazlin
Hi all

Me and my partner are in the process of immigrating to Oz and in about six months it will be time for our medicals.

I am now starting to worry that after I have my medical they will tell me I am to over weight.

Does anyone know what they class as "to heavy"?

Thanks
Julie
Hi Julie,

As you have read, lots of people worry about this one. I did too. I think they'll only start raising questions if you're really overweight and are very likely to develop certain illnesses because of it, such as diabetes, heart disease and the kind of thing that may be a burden on Medicare. A bit overweight won't be a problem.

All the best with your application and try not to worry too much - not good for the blood pressure
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:45 am
Just Joined

jones74 will become famous soon enoughjones74 will become famous soon enough

if it helps at all I was in the same boat, weighing in at 16 1/2 stone, joined a gym, stopped boozing and passed medicals 9 months later at 14 1/2 stone.

Good Luck

Hi all

Me and my partner are in the process of immigrating to Oz and in about six months it will be time for our medicals.

I am now starting to worry that after I have my medical they will tell me I am to over weight.

Does anyone know what they class as "to heavy"?

Thanks
Julie
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:48 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I think I should have probably put in my original message that I am only slightly over weight, and that's only because I like my wine to much .
I'm sure you'll be fine. Its only the ones who need to be rolled in flour before their husbands shag them that need to worry.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:12 am
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by renth
I'm sure you'll be fine. Its only the ones who need to be rolled in flour before their husbands shag them that need to worry.
Speaking from experience or are you just fattist?

Personally I dont think you can call yourself a man until you have shagged a bird that weighs more than you.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Hi Julie yeah I'm on Weight Watchers and for the rude people out there, yeah we know that weight is a serious health problem we can't all be that thick but you try to lose it. I have had Crap after crap in my life and everyone is different. If we were all the same wouldn't the world be boring.
I wish and stive for that illusive size, not 10 not even 12 but a size 14 that some people are lucky to have and not have to do anything to keep that way.
Hey, he who doesn't sin cast the first stone!
Thought not!
Lace
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:55 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Oh yes and being such a thoughtful person, you thought that comments like yours help, there are many reasons for being overweight and being stupid or lazy are not the major ones. So personality of the year is definatley not going to you
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
there are many reasons for being overweight and being stupid or lazy are not the major ones.
Many reasons? I don't think so, the main one is eating too much food, you can blame your glands if you like but in most cases it's not burning off the calories you ingest. Pretty simple really.

Don't get me wrong I've nothing against fatties but if you are obese you ought to sort it out, it's bad for your health, and if you have obesity related health problems in Australia it's the Aussie tax payer who will be paying for it.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:12 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Many reasons? I don't think so, the main one is eating too much food, you can blame your glands if you like but in most cases it's not burning off the calories you ingest. Pretty simple really.

Don't get me wrong I've nothing against fatties but if you are obese you ought to sort it out, it's bad for your health, and if you have obesity related health problems in Australia it's the Aussie tax payer who will be paying for it.
I do not blame my glands, and what I was referring to with the reason we eat to much, not the fact that we do. At 45years of age I am just coming to face my reasons and face/deal with them. People deal with these reasons by smoking, eating, bullying others, etc. I am not an extreme PC (politically correct) but if you are not a fattist why would you write something that would be so hurtful (and it has, horrible thing to say), it will not help any fatty to stay on track. Just think that you should think before writting such comments in the future
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:43 am
My thumbs have gone weird

thepoacher is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Am I to fat to go to Oz!

Well people who smoke or drink too much are being mildy persecuted in todays society and people generally thinks that perfectly acceptable. I'm sure everyone has been witness to a belittling "Do you know what that smoke is doing to your lungs" lecture or the contempt shown to someone with a drink problem. But as soon as you start having a go at some for over indulging in a different but just as harmful vice, food rather than tobacco or alcohol, it becomes cruel and unfair.
This may sound harsh and I now there are always exceptions, but for the majority of obese people out there, you made yourself fat due to your own lack of self control. Don't complain when someone points this weakness out to you, do something about it.

Sorry about the rant, but I'm sick of some over weight people constantly complaining about it not being their fault.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hi halfinggirl

Please do not waste your precious time and effort on this. Been down this road many many times.

Try and twist things around for your benefit. Are people who treat others and think of them in this way REALLY the sort of people you want or need in your life? I doubt it...
I can tell from your posts you have been through the mill a bit like i have over the years, and maybe overeating was your "aenasthetic" just as others take to drink (geez theres plenty of those hovering around in here i can assure you!!) fags, drugs or whatever other hang ups that come from personal misery or tragedies sustained over the years. The only difference between you, me and them is that we WEAR our scars, they can hide theirs whenever they choose..doesnt mean they havent got any weaknesses or crutches though...
then theres those who dont have any of the vices, addictions, issues and problems so readily poured down on us mere mortals.... the holier than though regiment. "I am superior, and the rest of you should think act and behave as i do otherwise in my mind you're not worth jack shit"... i'm gettin long in the tooth..believe me, one day sometime before they die, something WILL happen to them to make them realise what arseholes they have been.

Then theres the people you really should be focusing on... the REALLY happy, confident and at peace with themselves group. They are my favourite people...the ones who live a great life, enjoy others for the good people they are, the fun they bring into their lives and have no need to compare "notes" on how better they are... you must have seem them..the ones who smile at you, pass the time of day and take a genuine interest in you for who you really are (not the size of your waistband).. theres lots of those folks out here and trust me..once you have lived in it a while getting rid of the pounds of misery is not such a daunting task as they make you feel worthy of a better life...hang in there babes and good luck with the struggle!!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:53 am
scoobydoo

Fantastic post PP.

Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:55 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by scoobydoo
Fantastic post PP.
Yep...I'll second that

Karma worthy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.