Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Affordable acreage near Brisbane?

Affordable acreage near Brisbane?

Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Affordable acreage near Brisbane?

Originally Posted by paula elliott
Hi
You Sound A Bit Like Us. We Are A Family Of Four And Looking For Somewhere Within Commuter Distance Of Brisbane. We Have Been Told That Samford Is Very Nice, So We Are Going To Head There And See What We Think. Are You In Oz Yet? If So Where, And Do You Like It. We Also Want A Bit Of Acerage, But It Is My Hubby Who Wants The Quad Bike And Not My Son. We Will Have Around Aus$400,000. To Spend. We Also Think We Will Probably End Up With A Small Mortgage, Never Mind.
Hoe To Hear From You
Paula Elliott And Family
Hi Paula.

No we're not in Oz yet Actually going out on a reccie in July and are going to take a look at Toowoomba - about 90 minutes west of Brisbane. It's not really commutable to Brisbane but there is a RAAF base at Ipswich and an Army Aviation base nearby at Oakey where my hubby may be able to get a job. Property is quite a lot cheaper there and we've heard some nice things about it so we 're hoping that it's the place for us!!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:30 pm
FAMILY MEMBER

paula elliott has a spectacular aura aboutpaula elliott has a spectacular aura aboutpaula elliott has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Affordable acreage near Brisbane?

HI
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. GOOD LUCK IN JULY, PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. WE ARE EAGERLY LISTENING TO WHAT EVERY ONE HAS TO SAY ABOUT DIFFERENT PARTS OF QUEENSLAND.
WE ARE GOING OCTOBER. WE HAVE ONE WAY TICKETS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN BEFORE. WE HAVE NO FAMILY THERE AND DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO LIVES THERE. SO WE AR JUMPING IN THE DEEP END, LETS HOPE WE CAN ALL SWIM. :scared: TO ADD EXTRA STRESS, MY HUBBY IS ONLY STAYING WITH US OTHER THERE FOR 4 WEEKS AND THEN HAS TO RETURN HERE, BECAUSE OF WORK. I WILL BE ON MY OWN WITH THE TWO CHILDREN, YIKES. HE WILL BE BACK IN OZ FOR CHRISTMAS AND THEN BACK FOR GOOD MARCH .
HOPEFULLY IT WILL ALL GO WELL.
PAULA