where in perth

Old Apr 27th 2005, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough
Default where in perth

we land in perth 20th july! one night booked in the burswood and probly a couple of weeks in the west beach lagoon on scarbrough beach!
then im thinkin warnbro! nice location and beaches! no to expensive, have rellys in jandakot so 10 min on freeway from them!!

anyone know warnbro well?? i was told the other day from a punter from perth not to go to rockingham cos it was like little sussex! i want to inter mix with the ozzys! not other brits!!

any thoughts welcome!!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: where in perth

Originally Posted by steven'n'debi
we land in perth 20th july! one night booked in the burswood and probly a couple of weeks in the west beach lagoon on scarbrough beach!
then im thinkin warnbro! nice location and beaches! no to expensive, have rellys in jandakot so 10 min on freeway from them!!

anyone know warnbro well?? i was told the other day from a punter from perth not to go to rockingham cos it was like little sussex! i want to inter mix with the ozzys! not other brits!!

any thoughts welcome!!!
calm down dont all rush at once!!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

calm down dont all rush at once!!!
ill just get my coat then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

Hi Steve & Debbie

We too are moving to Perth hopefully at the end of June this year, as long as the house sale goes through. We are going to be staying in Ellenbrook for a few weeks with my aunt & uncle. They have been looking at the swan valley for us e.g. Charlottes Vineyard sort of area, brand new houses so therefore no DIY to do on the weekends so we can finish work on a Friday night and go where ever we want. We have an 1826 cottage at the moment and all we seem to do is work on the house so we are going from one extreme to another.
Where we settle also depends on the school our son chooses he's 11 now so he knows what he wants. He is very excited about the move, we all are. We are going to try the Poms in perth monthly meets so hopefully will see you there.
Regards

Theresa
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

any thoughts welcome!!!
Actually, its nothing like Sussex - its not as nice .
It does have a huge British population (something like 34%) but most of them seem to be from up t'North not 'down South' and I've not met anybody from Sussex (whats wrong with Sussex anyway?!!!).
The whole place is full of Brits, you'll have a hard job avoiding them if you are going to live in the more 'popular' suburbs. We found out after we moved to Secret Harbour that they call it 'Little England' . Don't worry too much though, there's still plenty of Aussies.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:22 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

The reason you weren't getting replies is cos we were all still sleeping!

I'll bump it up for you!

Can't really help except: Jandakot will be more than 10 mins, though probably only about 30 mins or so.

Quite a few of the suburbs around there have about 30% brits (and some suburbs up north too). Doesn't have to be a problem though.
Who are 'Aussies' anyway... most are immigrants!

Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:08 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

any thoughts welcome!!!
I think the reason not many are answering is, we have this thread quite often. Doesn't stop us all replying though. We have been here almost a year now, we spent six months driving everyehere in the northern suburbs (you will probably soon rule out the southern suburbs, there simply isnt much happening there) We came to the conclusion, that we would be hard pressed to find a better area than Kallaroo, the beaches are awesome, the houses are some of the nicest on the coast, and the prices are competetive, although all the estate agents always say that Kallaroo is very undervalued, so I would suggest you get in quickly while it is still affordable. Added to that Kallaroo is the next suburb up from Hillarys, so you have many evenings out on your doorstep, there is a beautiful tennis club there too.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:02 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
I(you will probably soon rule out the southern suburbs, there simply isnt much happening there)
After such a nice sweeping generalisation, I have some questions.......

What does Kalaroo and area have that Mandurah/Rockingham and all the other (at least 100...) southern suburbs don't?

And I don't see what the fascination is with Hillary's(not just you). Yes, it's nice, but after a while.....???!! It's very touristy, and there's isn't THAT much to do there!! Pubs and restaurants are all over the city. Beaches too. AQWA there is only one, but I don't expect anyone going there more than once every few years!!(unless with rellies etc)

Oh, and tennis clubs I'm sure are spread over the whole city too.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:15 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simone
And I don't see what the fascination is with Hillary's(not just you). Yes, it's nice, but after a while.....???!! It's very touristy, and there's isn't THAT much to do there!!
they do do good fish and chips though and have an english sweet shop
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Yeah, what's wrong with Sussex!!

Originally Posted by The Thorpes
Actually, its nothing like Sussex - its not as nice .
It does have a huge British population (something like 34%) but most of them seem to be from up t'North not 'down South' and I've not met anybody from Sussex (whats wrong with Sussex anyway?!!!).
The whole place is full of Brits, you'll have a hard job avoiding them if you are going to live in the more 'popular' suburbs. We found out after we moved to Secret Harbour that they call it 'Little England' . Don't worry too much though, there's still plenty of Aussies.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:39 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steven n Debbie

There are lovelt suburbs to be found all over the Perth metro area, true some are more popular with certain nationalities than others, but not all of them. That said i wouldnt let a comment like "it's little england (or wherever)" put you off an area, You will still find plenty of Aussies, South Africans, Italians....etc...etc...etc... The South is lovely, there are many nice suburbs there. I personally didnt like Rockingham, but thats just as i say my personal opinion. Why not look at some of the areas closer to the city, there are many new suburbs south of the river that will be closer to Jandekot and a shorter distance from the city. Have a look at http://www.movetoperth.com/info/subu...b_browser.html we dont have any detailed profiles on Southern suburbs yet, but with more going on daily it wont be too long before we do, if you are after some specific info then email us.

Good luck with your search
Lynn
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:46 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
After such a nice sweeping generalisation, I have some questions.......

What does Kalaroo and area have that Mandurah/Rockingham and all the other (at least 100...) southern suburbs don't?

And I don't see what the fascination is with Hillary's(not just you). Yes, it's nice, but after a while.....???!! It's very touristy, and there's isn't THAT much to do there!! Pubs and restaurants are all over the city. Beaches too. AQWA there is only one, but I don't expect anyone going there more than once every few years!!(unless with rellies etc)

Oh, and tennis clubs I'm sure are spread over the whole city too.

OMG Simone its cos I live in the northern suburbs.... sheeeesh
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:47 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
OMG Simone its cos I live in the northern suburbs.... sheeeesh
yEP, they've heard about your babysitting talents
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: where in perth

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
Hi Steven n Debbie

There are lovelt suburbs to be found all over the Perth metro area, true some are more popular with certain nationalities than others, but not all of them. That said i wouldnt let a comment like "it's little england (or wherever)" put you off an area, You will still find plenty of Aussies, South Africans, Italians....etc...etc...etc... The South is lovely, there are many nice suburbs there. I personally didnt like Rockingham, but thats just as i say my personal opinion. Why not look at some of the areas closer to the city, there are many new suburbs south of the river that will be closer to Jandekot and a shorter distance from the city. Have a look at http://www.movetoperth.com/info/subu...b_browser.html we dont have any detailed profiles on Southern suburbs yet, but with more going on daily it wont be too long before we do, if you are after some specific info then email us.

Good luck with your search
Lynn
jandakot has the rellies but thats all! i want close to the beach and a pool! the kids wont compramise there!! as for close to the city! im not the city type! i stay 5 min from the city here but never go, same will apply in perth! all i need now is some info in warnbro primary school! is it good,bad, all the usual q'n'a!!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:14 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

jandakot has the rellies but thats all! i want close to the beach and a pool! the kids wont compramise there!! as for close to the city! im not the city type! i stay 5 min from the city here but never go, same will apply in perth! all i need now is some info in warnbro primary school! is it good,bad, all the usual q'n'a!!
I can get you the answers you need just email me via www.movetoperth.com or post the questions on the forum there.

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.