Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice from all you in Brisbane and Adelaide

Advice from all you in Brisbane and Adelaide

Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Advice from all you in Brisbane and Adelaide

Originally Posted by markallwood
2) lack of jobs, house robberies, meth problems. and an excessive number of "hoons" driving ford falcons and utes !

lol I love the Brisbane media spouting off all that shite, keeps most of brissy locals away from here on w/ends as they believe only the devils children live here.

Yeah you get your fair share of hoons, but look around, they're also in Brissie on a major level.

I find the bogans here are less aggressive than the Brisbane or Sydney bogans.

Heaps of jobs here too. take your pick.

Haven't been robbed here. A friend in north Brisbane has been done over twice in 6 months though.

Can't say I've come across anyone with meth problems either. Everyone I know likes a beer or 3 and that's about where it ends.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Thats just TOSH
Rubbish - it's nothing like it used to be. Maybe you've just changed as it has.

You don't even have a beach.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:18 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
Rubbish - it's nothing like it used to be. Maybe you've just changed as it has.

You don't even have a beach.
We have that bloody great beach in middle of the CBD !!!!

Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

I will also add, the majority of hoons on the GC are those who drive down the M1 from Brisbane on a Thursday night or w/ends.

But don't let the Brisbane media get in the way of a good GC beat up.

Moneypen - Im looking at you - gimme some support please.

Last edited by Potato_potato; Feb 13th 2008 at 5:23 am.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

We have that bloody great beach in middle of the CBD !!!!

Can you concede that Brisbane has changed and you may not have noticed as you have had to get used to these changes gradually?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:29 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Can you concede that Brisbane has changed and you may not have noticed as you have had to get used to these changes gradually?
Erm no I still maintain some of your comments are just over generalistically crap.

Its like saying, the Gold Coast is like LegoLand.

We all say it for a joke, but doesnt mean we actually think it is.

IMO, I would not live in the GC. Its too, Blackpooly.

Thats fine if you like that kinda stuff... but then theres great suburbs, in the GC which are no where near a bloody beach.

So im trying to fathom out what your point is.

Many areas in Brizzy, totally overshadow in terms of quality, and liveabaility , areas in the GC.

Thats not saying the GC is all false and ( hoonish )

But lets be honest, its a holiday destination ( centrally ) anyway, and 99% of ppl living on the GC on or anywhere nr the beach rarely venture onto the powdery stuff.

Ste
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:29 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

lol I love the Brisbane media spouting off all that shite, keeps most of brissy locals away from here on w/ends as they believe only the devils children live here.

Yeah you get your fair share of hoons, but look around, they're also in Brissie on a major level.

I find the bogans here are less aggressive than the Brisbane or Sydney bogans.

Heaps of jobs here too. take your pick.

Haven't been robbed here. A friend in north Brisbane has been done over twice in 6 months though.

Can't say I've come across anyone with meth problems either. Everyone I know likes a beer or 3 and that's about where it ends.
Yeah, you're right...most of it is just based on our own experiences and perceptions. Its pretty hard to talk about unless you have lived in both places.

But - I do know for a fact that there is a significant problem with Ice on the gold coast, more so than in Brisbane, and I hope that the police can take measures to stop the spread.

For any UK readers, I've got no idea how bad the drugs problem here is, in comparison to the UK....I'd guess that its not so bad here.

cheers
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Erm no I still maintain some of your comments are just over generalistically crap.

Its like saying, the Gold Coast is like LegoLand.

We all say it for a joke, but doesnt mean we actually think it is.

IMO, I would not live in the GC. Its too, Blackpooly.

Thats fine if you like that kinda stuff... but then theres great suburbs, in the GC which are no where near a bloody beach.

So im trying to fathom out what your point is.

Many areas in Brizzy, totally overshadow in terms of quality, and liveabaility , areas in the GC.

Thats not saying the GC is all false and ( hoonish )

But lets be honest, its a holiday destination ( centrally ) anyway, and 99% of ppl living on the GC on or anywhere nr the beach rarely venture onto the powdery stuff.

Ste
Ok, well before you said the GC was a cool place. Now you sound like the Brisbane media talking.

Anyway, unlike you I have lived in both places and visit Brisbane regularly. I base my views on this, not on spending 1 day in a place and completely writing it off.

How on earth anyone could compare the GC Hinterland to Blackpool is beyond me. It stinks of arrogance and desperation.

Last edited by Potato_potato; Feb 13th 2008 at 5:45 am.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:46 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I will also add, the majority of hoons on the GC are those who drive down the M1 from Brisbane on a Thursday night or w/ends.
Nah. The majority live down that way.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, you're right...most of it is just based on our own experiences and perceptions. Its pretty hard to talk about unless you have lived in both places.

But - I do know for a fact that there is a significant problem with Ice on the gold coast, more so than in Brisbane, and I hope that the police can take measures to stop the spread.

For any UK readers, I've got no idea how bad the drugs problem here is, in comparison to the UK....I'd guess that its not so bad here.

cheers
I'm sure there's a drug problem here, most of it relates to people coming here from interstate to party for the weekend.

Most of the GC born and bred people I know are decent, almost country-like folk with great values.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Nah. The majority live down that way.
I'm sure we have some, yes. However a recent blitz here nabbed a shedload of hoons - you guessed it - they were all from Brisbane.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:50 am
Account Open

I'm sure we have some, yes. However a recent blitz here nabbed a shedload of hoons - you guessed it - they were all from Brisbane.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:58 am
Banned

Ok, well before you said the GC was a cool place. Now you sound like the Brisbane media talking.

Anyway, unlike you I have lived in both places and visit Brisbane regularly. I base my views on this, not on spending 1 day in a place and completely writing it off.

How on earth anyone could compare the GC Hinterland to Blackpool is beyond me. It stinks of arrogance and desperation.
1. does GC Hinterland have Beaches?

2. you know nothing about where I have lived, or indeed work, commute or indeed do business.

If you read what I said, i said GC Central was Blackpoolish.

The hinterland, is indeed beautiful, Nerang seems very nice.

But then so is Mt Tamborine, Canungra, Mt Mee, Samford...

then theres the SHITE areas in Brisbane. Like Manly Wynnum, Pullenvale, Samford, ... im still misssing your point?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

1. does GC Hinterland have Beaches?

2. you know nothing about where I have lived, or indeed work, commute or indeed do business.

If you read what I said, i said GC Central was Blackpoolish.

The hinterland, is indeed beautiful, Nerang seems very nice.

But then so is Mt Tamborine, Canungra, Mt Mee, Samford...

then theres the SHITE areas in Brisbane. Like Manly Wynnum, Pullenvale, Samford, ... im still misssing your point?
It's clear you haven't live on the GC. It's very clear!

So GC central is Blackpoolish? ...well the GC is alot bigger than surfers paradise. The GC spans along way.

Yes the hinterland is beautiful. We agree there. Much better than anything Brisbane has on offer.

My point was, and still remains - Brisbane has gone to the dogs. 5 years ago it was OK, boring but OK with a general friendliness amongst people. That's now gone.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:08 am
Banned

It's clear you haven't live on the GC. It's very clear!

So GC central is Blackpoolish? ...well the GC is alot bigger than surfers paradise. The GC spans along way.

Yes the hinterland is beautiful. We agree there. Much better than anything Brisbane has on offer.

My point was, and still remains - Brisbane has gone to the dogs. 5 years ago it was OK, boring but OK with a general friendliness amongst people. That's now gone.
Gonna haveta disagree. Not for the sake of disagreement but because, you are talking utter dogs nads !

I daresay we may get onto My Grandads harder than your Grandad next, futile talking with someone who has the narrow mindedness bigotted views you have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.