Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accommodation in Melbourne in September?

Accommodation in Melbourne in September?

Old Jun 26th 2008, 11:28 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Accommodation in Melbourne in September?

http://www.beaubayhouses.com.au/site/accommodation/

If you are looking at SE Melb. How about this, I only know where the Beaumaris one is but it's a good choice if you have a little one to have a house to yourselves especially if you've been staying with rellies in Sydney. It's a little dearer than a serviced apartment in the city but at least you can get a real feel for what it's like in certain areas.

LJJ
Old Jun 29th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ljj
http://www.beaubayhouses.com.au/site/accommodation/

If you are looking at SE Melb. How about this, I only know where the Beaumaris one is but it's a good choice if you have a little one to have a house to yourselves especially if you've been staying with rellies in Sydney. It's a little dearer than a serviced apartment in the city but at least you can get a real feel for what it's like in certain areas.

LJJ
Thanks LJJ
Looks like we will probably be going with punt hill apts in Flinders Lane, they look good and are just about available (1 apt left)and prices seem reasonable considering the week thats in it (AFL Final), we have tried lots of places but are all booked up or are looking for crazy money especially 26th/27th (some places $400-$500 per night) or not central enough.
Many thanks for all your kind offers (cheers carolyn/movin2melbourne) and advice.
Roll on September!!!!!
Old Jun 29th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

Soulrebel
No problems at all, thats what we are here for
That is great news at least it is something you can cross off your list
If you have any other questions at all just drop me a pm.
Hope you managed to get those AFL Final Tickets
Old Jun 29th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
- one day it went from 32C to 4C
Missed that one then
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Glad you've found somewhere and can get excited about the rest of the trip.

I'll be happy to help if you have any questions.

Carolyn
Old Jun 29th 2008, 10:41 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
Missed that one then
Couldn't swear to the exact date but around my birthday and I know it was roughly when we moved from Apollo Bay to the Yarra Valley, so c.16-18 October, 2007.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't swear to the exact date but around my birthday and I know it was roughly when we moved from Apollo Bay to the Yarra Valley, so c.16-18 October, 2007.
Perhaps that was just in the Yarra Valley - which can get cooler night-time temps. Being anal (and just interested honest!) the stats show a hot day, circa 33oC on 21 October - but the night-time temp only dropped to 13oC.
I've just never experienced a 30oC+ temp drop to anything less than 18oC in the daytime.

The most noticeable one we experienced was summer before last, when we drove down to the beach in 42oC heat only to reach it whilst a cold front came in and it did drop, pretty quickly, to around 20oC. Weird. I have to say that, apart from being at the beach, the cold fronts are usually very welcome!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:26 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't really look that up? It's comforting to meet somebody even more anal than me.

I remember the top temp for sure although that was in the sun in the car and possibly near our friends' place at Melton South (where we stopped off for a night between Apollo Bay and the Yarra). The bottom temp was per a TV report whilst we were in the cottage on the vineyard and, yes, sadly I do remember it as it was about 30C lower than I was used to at the time and I wouldn't budge out of the cottage and away from the log fire so sent The Geek for pizza. We then moved on to the city for a few days and it was warm during the day and - to me and my woefully inadequate tropical wardrobe - bloody freezing at night. I had my worst cold in years when I got back to Singapore and decided then that we weren't moving to Melbourne.

So, OP, the moral of this story is, dress in layers.

(Why do I remember all these unimportant details but walk to the study and forget why I went?)
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

I had my worst cold in years when I got back to Singapore and decided then that we weren't moving to Melbourne.

So, OP, the moral of this story is, dress in layers.

(Why do I remember all these unimportant details but walk to the study and forget why I went?)
Thanks but don't you get a cold from a virus and not from the 'cold'??
Will take your advice about the layers though.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Also check out www.bom.gov.au which will give you all the climate info for last Sept, which will guide you. But layers are good!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:43 am
Auntie Fa

Originally Posted by soulrebel
You do; not sure how it works, maybe my immune system was vulnerable? Or maybe just different bugs? The Geek often gets ill when he's been away on business...could be the flight of course. Sorry, rambling thinking "aloud".