Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:47 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Default Re: Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Originally Posted by annqldau
I doubt you were at bradford or are an Irish Catholic and Protestant and also assume you are not a fan of every football team at all times so you can fight with everyone - don't be so quick to jump on generalisations - it makes you seem aggressive
It was your comment..'people in glass houses' (should not throw stones)

My understanding of that phrase is obviously very different to yours......

For the record, I am in no way aggressive (quite the opposite these days in fact)......just a head strong and passionate individual, (especially on the topic of aggressive, racist behaviour)
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Racial intolerance in OZ is something I was very aware of, however, I was always under the impression that it was something confined to the minority and in particular, the older generation. This incident proves my theory to be bullsxxt.....mobs of 'thousands' chasing one defenceless lebanese kid?? WTF??

Personally, racial intolerance is something that I CANNOT stand by/ witness without feeling the need to intervene! Am I asking for trouble by moving to Oz?

I understand that a lot of immigrants point blank refuse to adapt to their new countries culture - thus inciting hatred from the natives. Shouldn't the government be seen to be addressing this? Doesn't appear that it is seen as much of a problem in Oz...?
There sometimes seem to be blindspots to what minority gangs get up get, possibily for fear of being labelled a racist.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:52 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

The original response was about the UK in general - not the most racially subdued County in the world I'm sure you'll agree and getting worse by the week - therefore, the UK in general would appear to be one large glass house
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:00 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ossigeno
There sometimes seem to be blindspots to what minority gangs get up get, possibily for fear of being labelled a racist.

From talking to my neighbours (who are a very mixed bag of races and religions) there is a lot of truth in what you say and that is one of the big factors in all this. The building manager of our apartment block told me today that he was beaten to a pulp a couple of years ago by a large gang of Lebanese youths. He said he didnt bother phoning the police as nothing would be done about it. He was the second Aussie i have heard say a similar thing.
I'm new here, so not really in a position to comment in depth, but i do get the feeling this is whats upsetting people and the white idiotic minority are using this kind of thing to stir things up
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

the UK is getting worse... infact i would go as far to say that even tho we've not had incidents such as what happened at cronulla a couple of weeks ago - our attitude inr egards to racism is worse than what i've seen in australia.

i work with children aged 10 - 16 who are predominatly white. their attitude towards people of different races and religions is astouding.... it's disgusting. the goverment agencies with which i work are more than well aware of this racist youth culture which is appearing but no seems willing (or able) to tackle it! what hope have we got if we don't even educate our children.

also in regards to immigrants not adapting to the natives culture and the natives not being best pleased.... isn't this what white man did to indigenous aussies a few hundred years ago?? funny how we're now taking exception to a different culture coming in and not immediately converting to the "standard" (for want of a better word) way of life!! all just another case of history repeating itself eh!!
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:02 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Absolutely Disgusted!!!

The original response was about the UK in general - not the most racially subdued County in the world I'm sure you'll agree and getting worse by the week - therefore, the UK in general would appear to be one large glass house
Employment racism exists in Australia.For example lot of jobs are telephone inbound and outbound.If u are from non English speaking background then you usually and mostly put u at a seperate side.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:02 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

racism stamped out quickly in the uk ? Tell that to the poor black kid beaten and axed to death just outside of liverpool while I was there a while ago by white racist thugs.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:08 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Rob,

I was at Dee Why beach in Sydney on Boxing day. There were 1000S of people there and all seemed to be of many different nationalities, and there didn't seem to be any troubles.
Racism occurs in any country you live in, I remember driving the buses in Glasgow and the comments that were made to foreign bus drivers were very insulting. However, only handful of people made these comments. So like anywhere a handful of people may have extreme views and the media some how makes it out that the whole nation is racist. However, the media also make governments accountable, hence the reason for new tough laws on riots and racial prejudice.
Anyway I hope that this web site hasn't put off coming to Australia, most Australians are tolerant, it is just a handful that spoil it for the rest of us.

ZX.....
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:24 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps I should point out (so she doesn't get hassle off loads of folks) this has been a Mr Annquldau production, nothing to do with the Mrs
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:30 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Hey Rob,

I was at Dee Why beach in Sydney on Boxing day. There were 1000S of people there and all seemed to be of many different nationalities, and there didn't seem to be any troubles.
Racism occurs in any country you live in, I remember driving the buses in Glasgow and the comments that were made to foreign bus drivers were very insulting. However, only handful of people made these comments. So like anywhere a handful of people may have extreme views and the media some how makes it out that the whole nation is racist. However, the media also make governments accountable, hence the reason for new tough laws on riots and racial prejudice.
Anyway I hope that this web site hasn't put off coming to Australia, most Australians are tolerant, it is just a handful that spoil it for the rest of us.

ZX.....
Jim,

Thats good to know......

I am assuming that the thousands of people that joined in at Cottesloe were caught up with the 'mob mentality'.......I bet half of them didn't even have a clue what they were fighting for if the truth really be known! Peer pressure at it's finest!

Mob mentality is a powerful thing, even the most innocent minded find it hard to resist and get involved.......I've seen it in Northern Ireland 1st hand!

Have recent events in Sydney prompted any calls for the police and government to be seen to be doing more to prevent this behaviour from escalating out of control I wonder?
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Hey Rob,

ZX.....
being white, born in Britain . i feel that i can comment on this, people don't like you to be different ,they like you to be the same as them, any thing different scares the hell out of them, i can not tell people about the minority that i come from as i think that they have preconceived ides about you as a person and your family, as i have married out of my minority i fell that i have had to change to fit in so my child dose not have to put up with what i did as i was growing up, be this right or wrong this is my experience of life in the UK ,
so yes people that are not willing to change to add aped will stand out and people will notice them and be afraid of them because it is human nature . you have to change and grow with your surroundings or things will never change for the better .
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:32 am
Account Closed

Perhaps I should point out (so she doesn't get hassle off loads of folks) this has been a Mr Annquldau production, nothing to do with the Mrs
Nice cop out!

No worries.......I obviously misunderstood your comments.

Friends?

Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Racial intollerance in the UK is stamped out quickly if it is racism against non-english - if it's reverse racism the eye is certainly blind in case they become even more 'upset' that we don't understand their ways and customs
My friend's son was attacked by a group of asians and when they reported it to the police, all they could say was that he would have been ok if he had walked down the other side of the street. Unacceptable.

There has been fighting on huge scale near us between the Pakistanis and the Iraqi people, and that was also classed as racial, as was the fighting between the Iraqis and the Afghanistans, so the problem does just not exist between whites and the ethinic minority.

Unfortunately I think things like this will happen no matter where you live if there are different cultures living together, but in my experience in Australia so far I have not come across it where we live.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:39 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

You sheister!!

And there was me thinking i had found another nice female to add to the small band who actually speak to me on here and you're the male half! i feel bladdy cheated now!!

Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:40 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Jim,

Thats good to know......

I am assuming that the thousands of people that joined in at Cottesloe were caught up with the 'mob mentality'.......I bet half of them didn't even have a clue what they were fighting for if the truth really be known! Peer pressure at it's finest!

Mob mentality is a powerful thing, even the most innocent minded find it hard to resist and get involved.......I've seen it in Northern Ireland 1st hand!

Have recent events in Sydney prompted any calls for the police and government to be seen to be doing more to prevent this behaviour from escalating out of control I wonder?

Rob,
Well they have boosted police numbers patroling beaches over the christmas and new year. However, I ask the question?, why can't they do this all the time? And not just for the beaches. We seem to be paying more taxes and our services seem to dwindling.

I drive my truck in Sydney most weeks and looking around in cars and on the streets, there are many people of all cultural backgrounds, intergrating with each other.

Rob have a good new year... Try not to drink too much......

ZX......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.