Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

457IE Granted :)

457IE Granted :)

Old Mar 9th 2003, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

alextoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again Louise,

We have 3 children - 1 girl aged 13 and 2 boys - 10 and 6. We're from Huddersfield - not far from you in Altringcham. We would love to keep in touch- assuming we get approved! We hope to run an electrical store in Bundaberg/Rockhampton areas.What does Mark do?
see you
Julie and Alex
Old Mar 10th 2003, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fellow 457 independents......

Who needs the chest X ray? Just the applicant, just the adults or everyone. I sent my appl. in 3.5 weeks ago, but without front loading it. I just thought I might get the thing organised so we're ready when its called for.

I have the list of approved radiologists from the DIMIA website. Is it just a case of picking one nearest to you?

Another question......

As a temporary resident, there is no immediate right to buy property in Oz. Permission has to be sought to get a permit to buy. Where does one get this from?

ta
Old Mar 10th 2003, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by sundarize
Hi fellow 457 independents......

Who needs the chest X ray? Just the applicant, just the adults or everyone. I sent my appl. in 3.5 weeks ago, but without front loading it. I just thought I might get the thing organised so we're ready when its called for.

I have the list of approved radiologists from the DIMIA website. Is it just a case of picking one nearest to you?

Another question......

As a temporary resident, there is no immediate right to buy property in Oz. Permission has to be sought to get a permit to buy. Where does one get this from?

ta
As far as our application went, we all needed X-rays, but only my son (16) needed a full medical because he's going to go into the school system.

I'm led to believe that unless there is a health risk (i.e. from the answers to the medical questionnaire), then us 'oldies' won't need full medicals.

Kev
Old Mar 10th 2003, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Kev,

I would be right in thinking my 10month old daughter will be exempt from the X-ray.

I think I'll phone today and make an appointment. How much was it for you. ?

Do you have many contacts in the recruitment business. I would be interested in keeping in touch once you have set up to see what opportunities they might be in Adelaide.

One of the things we intend to do is invest in some property and maybe have a furnished house available to other members of this forum to stay when they arrive, until they sort out their first house etc. We will have storage facilities at our business premises to receive containers of stuff from the UK etc.

Thought your services would tie in quite nicely.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Kev,

I would be right in thinking my 10month old daughter will be exempt from the X-ray.
Requirement states ' if you are an applicant for a 457 visa you will be required to undergo a chest x-ray only, unless your health is of special significance, or you are likely to enter a classroom situation for a stay of greater than 12 months in which case a medical examination will also be required'

Just been for ours today . wife and self x-rays only.
11 Year old daughter x-ray and medical

If you ring one of the listed doctors they will help you I am sure.

Hope this helps

Tony C
Old Mar 10th 2003, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road

Thanks Kev,

I think I'll phone today and make an appointment. How much was it for you. ?

Do you have many contacts in the recruitment business. I would be interested in keeping in touch once you have set up to see what opportunities they might be in Adelaide.

One of the things we intend to do is invest in some property and maybe have a furnished house available to other members of this forum to stay when they arrive, until they sort out their first house etc. We will have storage facilities at our business premises to receive containers of stuff from the UK etc.

Thought your services would tie in quite nicely.
The x-rays were £35.00 each. The medical for my son was £80.00. I don't know about the lower age limit, but unless your daughter is going into a nursery or similar public set up, I would have thought she would be exempt

I've sent you a seperate private e-mail re: the setting up of the business - you'll see why.

Kev
Old Mar 10th 2003, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Ian&Jackie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody

We registered tonight and its been great reading all your posts.
We are still at the hair pulling out stage, and we really would appreciate any advise thats going (before we go totally bald)

Ian has been offered a job in Perth and so we are going for the Temp Business Long Stay visa. We seem to be having a lot of trouble getting all the documentation together.

Certified birth certs and marriage certs, according to the Australian web site need to be marked and dated , but we have spoken to a Notary Public today and he says that the rules have been changed and NP's, solicitors are now not allowed to do this function.

Can anyone tell us how they got their documents approved, seems that there is some doubt that as our birth and marriage certs have not got a rubber stamp on to confirm as seen, they may be thrown out, even though the above docs were seen by a JP and she hand signed to confirm that they were authentic.

Great to hear that some lucky people have actually been granted a visa- good luck to you all.
Regards - Ian & Jackie
Old Mar 10th 2003, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ian&Jackie
Hi everybody

We registered tonight and its been great reading all your posts.
We are still at the hair pulling out stage, and we really would appreciate any advise thats going (before we go totally bald)

Ian has been offered a job in Perth and so we are going for the Temp Business Long Stay visa. We seem to be having a lot of trouble getting all the documentation together.

Certified birth certs and marriage certs, according to the Australian web site need to be marked and dated , but we have spoken to a Notary Public today and he says that the rules have been changed and NP's, solicitors are now not allowed to do this function.

Can anyone tell us how they got their documents approved, seems that there is some doubt that as our birth and marriage certs have not got a rubber stamp on to confirm as seen, they may be thrown out, even though the above docs were seen by a JP and she hand signed to confirm that they were authentic.

Great to hear that some lucky people have actually been granted a visa- good luck to you all.
Regards - Ian & Jackie
don't know about any rule changes - as far as we knew solicitors etc are allowed to certify copies ( & JPs)
Hazel