Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

110-115 points May 2002??

110-115 points May 2002??

Old Mar 6th 2003, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all
Default 110-115 points May 2002??

Hello

Independant Skilled Migration

I discovered (from this site) that the points requirement went up from 110 - 115 in May 2002. Our application was officially lodged on the 24th May 2002. However, the process began at the end of February 2002 with my husband's (the main applicant) occupation being assessed by the IEAUST which they confirmed 'as met'/successful in April 2002.

Our entire application is based on 110 so is it unreasonable to assume that 110 points still applies to us since we got the ball rolling before the changes despite our official application lodgement being the 24th May 2002?
SOMEBODY PLEASE ADVISE - I WOULD LIKE THE PANIC TO BE OVER.
MANY THANKS
DIANA
Old Mar 6th 2003, 10:59 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 110-115 points May 2002??

Hello Diana.

I'm afraid the date of the skills assessment isn't the key date - it's the date of the receipt of your visa application in Adelaide.

So unless you can attain bonus points (by, for example, lodging A$100,000), or can look at a State Nomination I fear your application won't suceed and is destined to head for the Pool.

Best regards.

Originally posted by PADDAD
Hello

Independant Skilled Migration

I discovered (from this site) that the points requirement went up from 110 - 115 in May 2002. Our application was officially lodged on the 24th May 2002. However, the process began at the end of February 2002 with my husband's (the main applicant) occupation being assessed by the IEAUST which they confirmed 'as met'/successful in April 2002.

Our entire application is based on 110 so is it unreasonable to assume that 110 points still applies to us since we got the ball rolling before the changes despite our official application lodgement being the 24th May 2002?
SOMEBODY PLEASE ADVISE - I WOULD LIKE THE PANIC TO BE OVER.
MANY THANKS
DIANA
Old Mar 7th 2003, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all
Default 110 - 115 May 2002 - HAVE HAD MEDICALS

Thanks for your comments Alan

We were requested our medicals and police checks some weeks ago and are now only waiting for the police checks to come back so that we can post to Adelaide (due date 25th March 03).
Surely this means that we're almost there as I read somewhere that should a visa be granted then it is valid for a year from the date of either the medical or the police check (whichever came first). Surely Dima wouldn't put us thru this process and incur extra costs at our expense for nothing. Also it states very clearly on our application form the points we are claiming for and the fact that they tally up to 110 points.

To Add, the applicant is a Chartered Civil Engineer and I believe they are in short supply in most areas (this info I got of this forum) despite this information not being on the MODL list.

Please clarify.

many thanks
Diana
Old Mar 7th 2003, 9:27 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 110 - 115 May 2002 - HAVE HAD MEDICALS

Diana,

Sorry - I can't add anything more without seeing paperwork ...

It might be that DIMIA is expecting you to lodge funds to claim bonus points?

Best regards.

Thanks for your comments Alan

We were requested our medicals and police checks some weeks ago and are now only waiting for the police checks to come back so that we can post to Adelaide (due date 25th March 03).
Surely this means that we're almost there as I read somewhere that should a visa be granted then it is valid for a year from the date of either the medical or the police check (whichever came first). Surely Dima wouldn't put us thru this process and incur extra costs at our expense for nothing. Also it states very clearly on our application form the points we are claiming for and the fact that they tally up to 110 points.

To Add, the applicant is a Chartered Civil Engineer and I believe they are in short supply in most areas (this info I got of this forum) despite this information not being on the MODL list.

Please clarify.

many thanks
Diana
Old Mar 7th 2003, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Default 110 - 115 May 2002? - HAVE HAD MEDICALS

Hi Alan

We are already claiming 5 points for investment of $100,000 and this is clearly stated on the application form and in my initial covering letter to Adelaide.

Many thanks for your comments.

Diana
Old Mar 7th 2003, 11:16 am
Migration Agent

Default Re: 110 - 115 May 2002? - HAVE HAD MEDICALS

Diana,

Then an email or telephone call to your case officer to clarify matters before you incur additional costs is probably called for ...

Best regards.

Hi Alan

We are already claiming 5 points for investment of $100,000 and this is clearly stated on the application form and in my initial covering letter to Adelaide.

Many thanks for your comments.

Diana
Old Mar 8th 2003, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Steven O'Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

The date of the rise in the passmark was the 8th of May 2002. I wonder if you are quoting the date on the receipt of the application. This receipt date in most cases is NOT the date of application.

An application can often take a few weeks to receipt and the official lodgement date is the date on which DIMIA Adelaide actually RECEIVED your application. This date is the important one.

It may be that if a letter acompanied your receipt, that in the first few lines it will say that your application was received on the ... 7th of March 2002 ... for example. In which case this is why you only have to meet 110 points.

Regards

Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Old Mar 8th 2003, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Dear Stephen

Many thanks for that. I noted that the date on my covering letter is the 15th May 2002.

I have decided that I am going to keep stjom and pray to God that everything comes together as planned.

I almost feel (foolishly perhaps) comforted by the fact that we were asked for medicals and police checks and am going to assume that this means everything is A-OK.

I shall keep the forum posted as to developments.

Still waiting for police checks. It is now 28 days waiting.

kind regards

Diana
Old Mar 8th 2003, 8:09 am
jsg
Forum Regular

jsg is an unknown quantity at this point

I seem to remember that the acknowledgement letter I received said "We received your appication on [date]".

Incidentally, mine was received on 7 May 2002, and I too need the 115 points. A bit close for comfort...
Old Mar 8th 2003, 8:17 am
Migration Agent

I stand to be corrected here, but I have a dim recollection that DIMIA were going to treat applications with a postmark on the covering envelope of pre-08 May 2002 as being subject to the 110 points pass mark ... do you recall anything on these lines Stephen?

Best regards.

Dear Stephen

Many thanks for that. I noted that the date on my covering letter is the 15th May 2002.

I have decided that I am going to keep stjom and pray to God that everything comes together as planned.

I almost feel (foolishly perhaps) comforted by the fact that we were asked for medicals and police checks and am going to assume that this means everything is A-OK.

I shall keep the forum posted as to developments.

Still waiting for police checks. It is now 28 days waiting.

kind regards

Diana
Old Mar 8th 2003, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Steven O'Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan

That is very right ..

If your application was lodged on the 7th of May 2002 or before then you only have to meet 110 points. However if its lodgement was from the 8th May 2002 onwards then you need to meet 115 points.

Diana - what date did they say they 'received' it. This is NOT usually the date on the letter.

Regards
Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Old Mar 8th 2003, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi there Stephen

The date mentioned as 'received' was the 23/05/02.

Has anyone got any comments with regard to our medicals. These were requested in mid Feb 2002 - surely this means we are almost there provided things are straight forward with the medical results which I understand from our panel doctor that they are (i.e. all tests were 'normal').

All comments most appreciated.

thanks
Old Mar 8th 2003, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

To JSG

Have you been requested for medicals yet?

thanks

Diane
Old Mar 8th 2003, 9:42 am
jsg
Forum Regular

jsg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 110 - 115 May 2002 - HAVE HAD MEDICALS

To JSG

Have you been requested for medicals yet?

thanks

Diane

Yes, a couple of weeks ago. We're doing them on 14 March. Police checks (in UK) still seem to be going slow - we emailed our case worker and got a prompt "No problem" reply.

jsg
Old Mar 8th 2003, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi JSG

We did our medicals on the 28th Feb (last Friday). Our panel doctor must have been in his late 70's. He was quite friendly and very 'old school'. The only thing I have to say is that the blood tests for both my hubby and myself were quite painful. In fact hubby has massive bruising on his arm and it has throbbed ever since (still painful and it has been over a week since he had it). The doctor was a bit rough with the needle. Most unusual for blood tests to hurt, I know this since I give blood every so often.

Apart from that it was just eye tests, blood pressure and a couple of questions (on questionaire) to answer. I didn't think the doctor was particularly thorough but I am not going to complain.
We were only in there for about 1hr 30 mins and that includes our two monsters under 12.

Lets hope we don't run into difficulties in the 'final' stages.

I hope all goes well for you at your medicals.

Best of luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.