Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

20ft container quote

20ft container quote

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:51 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default 20ft container quote

Can anyone shed any light on how big a property fits into a 20ft container?

We are only shipping the contents of a 1 bed flat. I filled out a self survey form for Sterling Relocations and they came back with a sole usage quote on a 20ft container of £4569.

I remember reading somewhere on BE that a 4 bed house fits into a 20 footer? Surely a 1 bed can share in that case?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 20ft container quote

Hi
we moved from a four bed house with almost everything from stuff in the shed etc kids bikes etc and all in a 20ft container cost us £4046.00 with PSS. Try them they were very good and easy on aus side too. We had some delay as couldnt find a house etc.
Hope this helps
Irene
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:00 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks it does-our meagre amount of furniture will be rattling around in a 20ft! Am going to ask co's specifically re sharing from now on
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:18 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

We squeezed a 4 bed house full into a 20ft reefer - I would suggest having companies come round to your house rather than trying to self estimate - its free and they can give you several options.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:30 am
South Yarra Sheila

Thanks-we'ves till got Anglo-Pacific & Pickfords to come but Sterling was the 1st we contacted and they dont send someone unless you've done the self survey form first-no doubt to avoid the effort of visiting and then being told their quote is too high!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Try PSS they do come round and you will find lots on here used them and were happy. Pickfords were expensive over £5k for us and we got a quote from the company with the cat log cant remember but they are not recommended I only found that out after doing a search.
Lots of companies do half container you are limited though as you need to be ready when someone else is etc. Why dont you advertise on here for someone else who may be going at the same time as you and to the same place thats been done before? Dont forget you may also get landed with problems with aqis if the person you are sharing with isnt as stringent with their cleaning etc.
When we brought our shed stuff we used heaps of bleach etc and wrapped stuff in plastic, nothing was confiscated. Xmas tree we cut off pines cones etc. We took a lot of time and care into ensuring our stuff could come. Bought a new vacuum cleaner etc. Why dont you bring your car and fill up the container? I wish id brought ours as we sold our people carrier for peanuts before we left and i miss it all the time. we bought a car here but it has cost heaps. This is one of the things i would do differently if i had known.
cheers Irene
Good luck
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

We were in a 2 bedroom flat and we didnt take beds or 3 piece suite but we took everything else this was just a part load and cost us 1400 Pounds from Crown.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

i too would recommend crown, they seem to beat a lot of others quotes,and if you go on their site you can list everything on there and they will get you a quote back, you may not need a full container and in that case you share one and when it's full it gets sent,they also will come round and pack for you but ask about how much the insurance is because they normally give you a price without if you dont ask.

kels x
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

PSS are the go, the insurance is cheaper too.

We got quoted 3.5k for a 20footer
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JoolsB

We are only shipping the contents of a 1 bed flat. I filled out a self survey form for Sterling Relocations and they came back with a sole usage quote on a 20ft container of £4569.

I remember reading somewhere on BE that a 4 bed house fits into a 20 footer? Surely a 1 bed can share in that case?
Take a look at Our Migrate 2 Package, could be just what you are looking for, Feel Free to drop me a line for any further information you may need.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

we used Robinsons from tyneside to Perth. they are a national company in the UK and for full 20 fter cost us 4000.
Very good with no probs
Good luck
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

mickandtrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are using PSS,(20ft) 3 bed house, no wardrobes, large suite of furniture and table & chairs (8 seats) plus all white goods, coffee tables, tv, computer cabinets, more bits and bobs etc.......£3,100.00 - container arrives next wednesday OMG. Hope this gives you some idea. PSS well worth getting round for a quote.

Tracey
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

foreveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Tracey

We are heading to Perth early Nov but i would imagine the prices would be similar

Hopefully we still have time to organise all of this

Did your quote of £3100 include insurance as we are considering PSS?

thanks
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:59 am
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by mickandtrace
Hi

We are using PSS,(20ft) 3 bed house, no wardrobes, large suite of furniture and table & chairs (8 seats) plus all white goods, coffee tables, tv, computer cabinets, more bits and bobs etc.......£3,100.00 - container arrives next wednesday OMG. Hope this gives you some idea. PSS well worth getting round for a quote.

Tracey
Souns much more like it-Ive got them coming on the 6th so hopefully get a similar quote. Good luck with the big move!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:42 am
Just Joined

ozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JoolsB

i used crown - very good service, 3 bed semi, 20ft container. fom what i can gather only potential problem with shared container is more scope to lose boxes/get other peoples stuff..seem to recall reading somethin on here a year or so ago. but ask the company how they make sure the stuff doesnt get muddled up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.