Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?

1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?

Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?

And a few of Australia Zoo, which we had to visit twice owing to children adoring crocs, echidnas, possoms, wombats.........
Attached Thumbnails 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-be1.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-beth690.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-be2.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p377.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p830.jpg  

Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:42 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And finally....in case anyone arrived at brisbane on July 30th and thought they were seeing things - you weren't, we did have a crocodile with us, he had a nice milk shake while waiting for the family to land ....whilst a few days later a certain chipmunk was spotted having a sneaky kiss with Horatio the Penguin
Attached Thumbnails 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-monday-30th-july-03.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-birthday376.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Fardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the rough

Lovely place, but I'm biased because we own some land up there that's allotted for our retirement. I don't think that the MD would mind me describing the place as a "boys wonderland" .. fishing, surfing, fishing .. I love the place But the plan is that the shops and restaurants required by the MD will all be in place in 10 years ... only a few years ago there was no mobile telephone, now I get wireless broadband (sort of)

It's also a very good example of marketing ... the "Town of 1770" used to be known (I think) as Roundhead until about 15 or 20 years ago ..

I agree about the comments regarding the pub, but we've been to the Pizza place quite a few times and it's been OK. You are certainly not spoilt for choice regarding restaurants or nightlife (what's that) at the moment, but you can't have everything.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:21 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Fardell
Lovely place, but I'm biased because we own some land up there that's allotted for our retirement. I don't think that the MD would mind me describing the place as a "boys wonderland" .. fishing, surfing, fishing .. I love the place But the plan is that the shops and restaurants required by the MD will all be in place in 10 years ... only a few years ago there was no mobile telephone, now I get wireless broadband (sort of)

It's also a very good example of marketing ... the "Town of 1770" used to be known (I think) as Roundhead until about 15 or 20 years ago ..

I agree about the comments regarding the pub, but we've been to the Pizza place quite a few times and it's been OK. You are certainly not spoilt for choice regarding restaurants or nightlife (what's that) at the moment, but you can't have everything.
Its such a lovely place but its clear that it will probably get developed quite quickly now - apparently the road from Miriam Vale has only just been brought up to standard and that'll bring in the shops etc.
At present it is just like so many isolated places on Tassie, and I'm just glad I saw it before it gets ruined!

Lovely for kids that still like a family beach holiday - thats waht we were looking for and it was so relaxing when we got it
Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:39 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its such a lovely place but its clear that it will probably get developed quite quickly now - apparently the road from Miriam Vale has only just been brought up to standard and that'll bring in the shops etc.
At present it is just like so many isolated places on Tassie, and I'm just glad I saw it before it gets ruined!

Lovely for kids that still like a family beach holiday - thats waht we were looking for and it was so relaxing when we got it
Despite the changes and development over the last decade or so its still my fav place in Qld. Mind, when I first went there in 1990, the road in was horrendous, not just a gravel road, but a rock one - definately not something you'd want to drive on in and out of town every day. Blocks were under 30k for 5 acres close to the beach and the only facilities were the Mango tree motel, where you could also buy papers and milk.

Most of the cashed up southerners who've now retired there consider its already been ruined, and there are certainly many new units in place and being built - not to mention the 2 supermarkets and 5 or 6 real estates.

Still a brilliant spot and well worth a visit for surf on a big swell (ie when its 4-5 metres on the gold and sunshine coasts.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Despite the changes and development over the last decade or so its still my fav place in Qld. Mind, when I first went there in 1990, the road in was horrendous, not just a gravel road, but a rock one - definately not something you'd want to drive on in and out of town every day. Blocks were under 30k for 5 acres close to the beach and the only facilities were the Mango tree motel, where you could also buy papers and milk.

Most of the cashed up southerners who've now retired there consider its already been ruined, and there are certainly many new units in place and being built - not to mention the 2 supermarkets and 5 or 6 real estates.

Still a brilliant spot and well worth a visit for surf on a big swell (ie when its 4-5 metres on the gold and sunshine coasts.
Hi PA, just spotted this thread whilst searching! We're booking hol up to 1770 probably for the end Nov (my birthday) - do you recommend 5 days or less? There'll be 6 of us (2 adults, 4 boys) - boys are into fishing,diving and surfing, I'm into nothing - quite happy to sit and watch the kids play! Any recommendations? Have found a few beach houses that look pretty good!

PS I still have all your strawberry stuff from Boots 2 yrs ago! Do you think it'll go out of date?