Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?

1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?

Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?

I don't recall anyone on here living in either place, but thought its worth asking! Family and us are driving up there and will be around there 10th-14th August. Just thought I'd casually enquire if there's anyone else around that way at the time?

Staying at a luxury hotel in Gympie en route and all the touristy stuff booked for while we are there but if anyone fancies a beer let me know...........
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?

Bumping this up for you.
We were there for the first week in July. Very beautiful but not a lot to do if you're not into boating or fishing. Had a lovely trip out to Lady Musgrave Island.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:20 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

What it has running water and a flushing loo???

PS Sorry to the wife if she reads this (shes a Gympie gal)!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Staying at a luxury hotel in Gympie en route and all the touristy stuff booked for while we are there but if anyone fancies a beer let me know...........
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:42 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't recall anyone on here living in either place, but thought its worth asking! Family and us are driving up there and will be around there 10th-14th August. Just thought I'd casually enquire if there's anyone else around that way at the time?

its about 3 hours south of us...not been there myself but SIL was there in April when they drove up from Brissy and they loved iy
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:42 am
ozzies now love it!!!

roos is on a distinguished road

hi
agnes water is a great place 1770 is nice too.
as said before not much else to do other than beach and trips to island,but hey sometimes we need to escape.
we went up there from bundaberg you can then head up to rockhampton i think.
there is a small village of shops/cafe and couple of luxury resorts,not much else,but imo its a gorgeous place.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:27 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roos
hi
agnes water is a great place 1770 is nice too.
as said before not much else to do other than beach and trips to island,but hey sometimes we need to escape.
we went up there from bundaberg you can then head up to rockhampton i think.
there is a small village of shops/cafe and couple of luxury resorts,not much else,but imo its a gorgeous place.
We're only there for 4 -5 days - boat trips and a bit of walking, the kids want to swim and see fish and stuff! Off to Lady Musgrave for a day, that kind of thing.
Originally Posted by TrickyTree
What it has running water and a flushing loo???
Dunno, but its got lots of wildlife to observe and the conversation is quite entertaining. My niece is a bit confused though, she think's she's spending the night at Victor Meldrew's place after I said we were spending the night with guy who comes up on here as "cresta57" - one look at the avatar, and she is a bit puzzled!!!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:50 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

When you get to 1770 if your peckish DO NOT go to the gourmet pizza place on the river. We came back from the trip out to Lady Musgrave Island and spotted the pizzeria, it was quicker than gutting the lovely fresh reef fish we caught, so we ordered. It cost me $50 bucks for 2 pizzas and the base was so thin by the time we had driven the 2k back to the campsite there was no trace of it. I was so hungry I scraped the resulting mess from the inside of the cardboard box which incidentally was substantially thicker than the pizza base:curse:

I can highly recommend the pub at Agnes, it has a specials board, steak & all the trimmings for about $14 bucks as with most places it's child friendly.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:29 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cresta57
When you get to 1770 if your peckish DO NOT go to the gourmet pizza place on the river. We came back from the trip out to Lady Musgrave Island and spotted the pizzeria, it was quicker than gutting the lovely fresh reef fish we caught, so we ordered. It cost me $50 bucks for 2 pizzas and the base was so thin by the time we had driven the 2k back to the campsite there was no trace of it. I was so hungry I scraped the resulting mess from the inside of the cardboard box which incidentally was substantially thicker than the pizza base:curse:

I can highly recommend the pub at Agnes, it has a specials board, steak & all the trimmings for about $14 bucks as with most places it's child friendly.
Okey doke, child-friendly pub noted, sounds like our sort of thing. the kids have often embarrassed their favourite Auntie by discussing the range of pubs they've been to with me Listeners, not realising that they are all Beefeater type child-friendly places, just give me scandalised looks while dialing the welfare people!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 3:03 pm
Home and Happy

Pub at Agnes Water is great, food amazing and in huge portions, very kid friendly. takeaway fish and chip shop in the little shopping centre is great too, 5 minutes walk from the beach, which is sandy, safe for kids as long as you watch the waves, and unspolit.

LARC tours from 1770 - thats an amphibious vehicle, takes you across the sand and through the waves, spotting scenery and wildlife - well worth the money, truly fantastic day.

If anyone fancies getting away from it all, we stayed HERE
which is a beautiful house, set back from the road, child friendly and pet friendly, and loads of room. Sleeps 12 comfortably. No qualms at all about recommending it cos it was great. I've got contact details for the owners if anyone wants them.

reminded me of Tassie as its so peaceful, rural and unspolit. Long may it stay that way.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:39 am
Home and Happy

OK, some mad person has requested pics so I've dug a few out. Being kind to you all I am NOT going to publish the ones of me in a swimsuit

This batch is Agnes Water beach, 1770 at sunset, and the view from Bustard Head
Attached Thumbnails 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-agnes-water745.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-al-456.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p719.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p613.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p721.jpg  

Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:43 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, some mad person has requested pics so I've dug a few out. Being kind to you all I am NOT going to publish the ones of me in a swimsuit

This batch is Agnes Water beach, 1770 at sunset, and the view from Bustard Head
pics look fab mate
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:49 am
Home and Happy

View from the verandah, 1770 - at sunset, and under siege from a bunch of pelicans. the view right along Agnes Water beach, and some kangaroos gazing perplexedly at the excited Pommie tourists!
Attached Thumbnails 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p611.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p717.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p641.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p724.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p-505.jpg  

Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:00 am
Home and Happy

Its such a gorgeous place and so peaceful.
The LARC tour goes along the beach and in and out of the water from 1770 and then up Bustard Head.
The end of the day is on the sand dunes where they provide boards for sandboarding! I freely admit to being a coward but the kids loved it. The guide gave a gorgeous large shell to the person that went the furthest on their board.....won by my jammy nephew, with his sister a very close second!
Attached Thumbnails 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-al-431.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-al-440.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-larc491.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-larc552.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-larc558.jpg  

Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:12 am
Home and Happy

While the mob were here we also treated ourselves to a luxury night at O'reillys Guesthouse. Its in the Lamington National Park, which is in the Gold Coast Hinterland. I'd been up there before but never stayed overnight. Gorgeous food, lovely rooms, outdoor hot spa, and the wildlife is everywhere. Yes, everywhere. The possom pictured here hiding in the rafters had just been in for a romp round the bedroom I was sharing with my nephew - it was rather attracted to his slipper, so I've come to the conclusion that possoms must love cheese
Attached Thumbnails 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-oreillys-072154.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p219.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-lissy060.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-oreillys-072161.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-oreillys-072166.jpg  

Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:25 am
Home and Happy

More O'Reillys.....
Attached Thumbnails 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p262.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-m-p210.jpg   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?-lis-parrot.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.