British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   1770/Agnes Water....anyone there? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/1770-agnes-water-anyone-there-470448/)

Pollyana Jul 31st 2007 3:41 pm

1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 
I don't recall anyone on here living in either place, but thought its worth asking! Family and us are driving up there and will be around there 10th-14th August. Just thought I'd casually enquire if there's anyone else around that way at the time?

Staying at a luxury hotel in Gympie en route ;) and all the touristy stuff booked for while we are there but if anyone fancies a beer let me know...........:)

Sue from Manchester Aug 1st 2007 2:47 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 
Bumping this up for you.
We were there for the first week in July. Very beautiful but not a lot to do if you're not into boating or fishing. Had a lovely trip out to Lady Musgrave Island.

TrickyTree Aug 1st 2007 4:20 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 
What it has running water and a flushing loo??? :rofl: :p :rofl:

PS Sorry to the wife if she reads this (shes a Gympie gal)! :D


Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 5129674)
Staying at a luxury hotel in Gympie en route ;) and all the touristy stuff booked for while we are there but if anyone fancies a beer let me know...........:)


biggy Aug 1st 2007 4:42 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 5129674)
I don't recall anyone on here living in either place, but thought its worth asking! Family and us are driving up there and will be around there 10th-14th August. Just thought I'd casually enquire if there's anyone else around that way at the time?

Staying at a luxury hotel in Gympie en route ;) and all the touristy stuff booked for while we are there but if anyone fancies a beer let me know...........:)

its about 3 hours south of us...not been there myself but SIL was there in April when they drove up from Brissy and they loved iy

roos Aug 1st 2007 6:42 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 
hi
agnes water is a great place 1770 is nice too.
as said before not much else to do other than beach and trips to island,but hey sometimes we need to escape.
we went up there from bundaberg you can then head up to rockhampton i think.
there is a small village of shops/cafe and couple of luxury resorts,not much else,but imo its a gorgeous place.
:thumbsup:

Pollyana Aug 1st 2007 8:27 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 

Originally Posted by roos (Post 5132157)
hi
agnes water is a great place 1770 is nice too.
as said before not much else to do other than beach and trips to island,but hey sometimes we need to escape.
we went up there from bundaberg you can then head up to rockhampton i think.
there is a small village of shops/cafe and couple of luxury resorts,not much else,but imo its a gorgeous place.
:thumbsup:

We're only there for 4 -5 days - boat trips and a bit of walking, the kids want to swim and see fish and stuff! Off to Lady Musgrave for a day, that kind of thing.

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
What it has running water and a flushing loo???

Dunno, but its got lots of wildlife to observe and the conversation is quite entertaining. My niece is a bit confused though, she think's she's spending the night at Victor Meldrew's place after I said we were spending the night with guy who comes up on here as "cresta57" - one look at the avatar, and she is a bit puzzled!!!

cresta57 Aug 1st 2007 8:50 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 
When you get to 1770 if your peckish DO NOT go to the gourmet pizza place on the river. We came back from the trip out to Lady Musgrave Island and spotted the pizzeria, it was quicker than gutting the lovely fresh reef fish we caught, so we ordered. It cost me $50 bucks for 2 pizzas and the base was so thin by the time we had driven the 2k back to the campsite there was no trace of it. I was so hungry I scraped the resulting mess from the inside of the cardboard box which incidentally was substantially thicker than the pizza base:thumbdown::curse:

I can highly recommend the pub at Agnes, it has a specials board, steak & all the trimmings for about $14 bucks:thumbsup:;) as with most places it's child friendly.

Pollyana Aug 1st 2007 12:29 pm

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 5132520)
When you get to 1770 if your peckish DO NOT go to the gourmet pizza place on the river. We came back from the trip out to Lady Musgrave Island and spotted the pizzeria, it was quicker than gutting the lovely fresh reef fish we caught, so we ordered. It cost me $50 bucks for 2 pizzas and the base was so thin by the time we had driven the 2k back to the campsite there was no trace of it. I was so hungry I scraped the resulting mess from the inside of the cardboard box which incidentally was substantially thicker than the pizza base:thumbdown::curse:

I can highly recommend the pub at Agnes, it has a specials board, steak & all the trimmings for about $14 bucks:thumbsup:;) as with most places it's child friendly.

Okey doke, child-friendly pub noted, sounds like our sort of thing. the kids have often embarrassed their favourite Auntie by discussing the range of pubs they've been to with me :rolleyes: Listeners, not realising that they are all Beefeater type child-friendly places, just give me scandalised looks while dialing the welfare people!

Pollyana Aug 19th 2007 3:03 pm

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 
Pub at Agnes Water is great, food amazing and in huge portions, very kid friendly. takeaway fish and chip shop in the little shopping centre is great too, 5 minutes walk from the beach, which is sandy, safe for kids as long as you watch the waves, and unspolit.

LARC tours from 1770 - thats an amphibious vehicle, takes you across the sand and through the waves, spotting scenery and wildlife - well worth the money, truly fantastic day.

If anyone fancies getting away from it all, we stayed HERE
which is a beautiful house, set back from the road, child friendly and pet friendly, and loads of room. Sleeps 12 comfortably. No qualms at all about recommending it cos it was great. I've got contact details for the owners if anyone wants them.

reminded me of Tassie as its so peaceful, rural and unspolit. Long may it stay that way.

Pollyana Aug 30th 2007 10:39 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 
5 Attachment(s)
OK, some mad person has requested pics :rolleyes: so I've dug a few out. Being kind to you all I am NOT going to publish the ones of me in a swimsuit :rofl:

This batch is Agnes Water beach, 1770 at sunset, and the view from Bustard Head

biggy Aug 30th 2007 10:43 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 5252524)
OK, some mad person has requested pics :rolleyes: so I've dug a few out. Being kind to you all I am NOT going to publish the ones of me in a swimsuit :rofl:

This batch is Agnes Water beach, 1770 at sunset, and the view from Bustard Head

pics look fab mate

Pollyana Aug 30th 2007 10:49 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 
5 Attachment(s)
View from the verandah, 1770 - at sunset, and under siege from a bunch of pelicans. the view right along Agnes Water beach, and some kangaroos gazing perplexedly at the excited Pommie tourists!

Pollyana Aug 30th 2007 11:00 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 
5 Attachment(s)
Its such a gorgeous place and so peaceful.
The LARC tour goes along the beach and in and out of the water from 1770 and then up Bustard Head.
The end of the day is on the sand dunes where they provide boards for sandboarding! I freely admit to being a coward but the kids loved it. The guide gave a gorgeous large shell to the person that went the furthest on their board.....won by my jammy nephew, with his sister a very close second!

Pollyana Aug 30th 2007 11:12 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 
5 Attachment(s)
While the mob were here we also treated ourselves to a luxury night at O'reillys Guesthouse. Its in the Lamington National Park, which is in the Gold Coast Hinterland. I'd been up there before but never stayed overnight. Gorgeous food, lovely rooms, outdoor hot spa, and the wildlife is everywhere. Yes, everywhere. The possom pictured here hiding in the rafters had just been in for a romp round the bedroom I was sharing with my nephew - it was rather attracted to his slipper, so I've come to the conclusion that possoms must love cheese :D

Pollyana Aug 30th 2007 11:25 am

Re: 1770/Agnes Water....anyone there?
 
3 Attachment(s)
More O'Reillys.....


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:53 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.