Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Sep 7th 2016, 10:00 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Hello all -

Just realised it's 30 years this week that I've been living in this country ...

I'm in a moaning and groaning phase so thought I'd post that here!

30 years Mark. A bloody long time.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
30 years Mark. A bloody long time.
Indeed it is. I won't say 'it seems like yesterday..' .. if I think about how much water has gone under the bridge...it feels like a lifetime!

I shall get round to writing my memoirs one day.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarkRD
I shall get round to writing my memoirs one day.
The correct word is "confessions".

Next year it'll be 40 years for me!
Old Sep 7th 2016, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jonwel
The correct word is "confessions".

Next year it'll be 40 years for me!
Gor blimey!
Old Sep 7th 2016, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

I got out after 34 years, now I can laugh at Renzi and Paduan's daily B.S.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

So much for Renzi's Buona Scuola ........my son started in his last year of secondary school this week. Reduced hours Mon, Tues and today. This morning they were told to stay home tomorrow and Friday as they have practically NO teachers yet for the 5th year . I cannot understand it - they are going into the last year with their maturita coming up and the school haven't even sorted out who the teachers are yet ? Its unbelievable.
(I know - I need to kick myself and remind myself which country I live in )
Old Sep 15th 2016, 4:06 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty
So much for Renzi's Buona Scuola ........my son started in his last year of secondary school this week. Reduced hours Mon, Tues and today. This morning they were told to stay home tomorrow and Friday as they have practically NO teachers yet for the 5th year . I cannot understand it - they are going into the last year with their maturita coming up and the school haven't even sorted out who the teachers are yet ? Its unbelievable.
(I know - I need to kick myself and remind myself which country I live in )
I know the first week of school can be really bad, hell the first few weeks can be until whichever "supplente" next on the list decides to take the job to fill a gap or not ...... but yes, it should all be sorted out before school begins - especially for 5th years.
Old Oct 21st 2016, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

It must be Friday-general strike again. My poor kids have been stuck for 1 hour in traffic and they are nowhere near school.Fa schifo.
Old Oct 21st 2016, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Isakat
It must be Friday-general strike again. My poor kids have been stuck for 1 hour in traffic and they are nowhere near school.Fa schifo.
Yup, general public transport workers strike. As usual it's the worst off who are most affected, ie. commuters, school kids, students etc. Not those who travel by private car, more expensive trains ('Frecce' are not affected), private jet etc..

Happy Fridays!
Old Oct 21st 2016, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Yes its always on a Friday isnt it. I was stuck in the last one they did on Fri Sept 30th. We were in Genova trying to get back to Milan/Turin and it was absolute chaos. Today luckily my son can get a lift home otherwise he would have had to stay home. My daughter had to take the day off work cos she couldnt get in and then back in time to pick up baby from nursery. It just messes up everyones normal day but they never resolve much do they. I fear very much that things are going to get worse.
There are parents in this area of Piemonte that have organised protests cos their children STILL dont have teachers. And.. the front page of our local paper has stories of how many factories are closing down here and leaving lots of people without a job. Its scarey.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 5:03 pm

4 hours in pronto soccorso because Alex hurt his hand during the PE lesson and school called me insisting that I pick him up and take him to hospital. If it had been up to me I'd have just brought him home and stuck a bag of frozen peas on his hand, but it happened during a lesson so it's an "infortunio". A little more than an hour to get through triage, the first check-up and the x-ray wasn't too bad at all. Hanging about for more than two hours back in the sala attesa to get the dismissal papers was a little too much. I eventually got up and asked how much longer it would take because the painkillers had worn off and the x-rays were over two hours ago. We were dismissed shortly after that thank goodness. Nothing broken. Just a sprained thumb, a bruised and swollen hand ........... but it's his left hand and he is left handed. He was worried about being made to write his lessons tomorrow anyway because he has a Bitch Teacher - and then he needed to pee. I'm not laughing. I'm not though I did hear a few swear words coming from the bathroom.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

I'll bet you are laughing. I can feel for Alex because I've got LH problems too at the moment. No joke.
Anyway, wish him a speedy recovery,
keep smiling.
'o nonno
Old Nov 30th 2016, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by ononno
I'll bet you are laughing. I can feel for Alex because I've got LH problems too at the moment. No joke.
Anyway, wish him a speedy recovery,
keep smiling.
'o nonno
Thanks and the same to you.

Have been late replying because it took 3 calls to Telecom insisting that I had no internet because the modem was broken. They finally agreed to let me go and collect another one from the TIM shop in town.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hope Alex is feeling a little better today. Its a beggar being left-handed in a right-handed world Luckily I grew up in the UK and always used the left whereas my dear friend grew up here and had his hand tied to the chair and was forced to use the right. (nuns )
Old Dec 1st 2016, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

I read this on wikipedia....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias_a...the_right_hand
But why was the Catholic church against writing with the left hand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.