Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
What's the betting MarkRD applies for the job
I'll make the coffee.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

We just had a power-cut (un blekaut) . .so now we're in the dark and in the cold ... and it's chucking down with snow and it's sticking ...
I wanna go hoooooome!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:42 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
We just had a power-cut (un blekaut) . .so now we're in the dark and in the cold ... and it's chucking down with snow and it's sticking ...
I wanna go hoooooome!
We had one yesterday that lasted 15 minutes. At least I was at home though.
Throw a sickie and go home. Italians always believe you when you say you're feeling ill. Just make up something about digestion, stomachs, pain etc.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Throw a sickie and go home. Italians always believe you when you say you're feeling ill. Just make up something about digestion, stomachs, pain etc.
Thanks for the friendly advice Lorna but I don't think I'll be needing an excuse this time. If it keeps up I'm off!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

mmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond repute

We don't. We just pretend to, so we can use the same excuse ourselves when we need it.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:19 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmmmbuti
We don't. We just pretend to, so we can use the same excuse ourselves when we need it.
Nice !
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chrismcdonnell
This has probably been mentioned before, but I miss normal electricity. One where I can use all the appliances in the house without suddenly tripping the power off!
happened to me last week..

http://englishmaninitaly.wordpress.c...flipping-cold/
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

.. irony spotted!

yes we get the whole trip switch thing quite often. usually Sunday mornings when I'm hoovering and OH is cooking ie. oven on, kettle boiling etc. Plus somebody else might be using the hairdryer or those hair things or summat. <CLICK>
Is the normal allowance 16KW or summat?
16 KW... I wish, I would give my kettle, dish washer and hoover for 16 KW. It's not as if I can use them here.

I think we are on 3KW
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:40 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera

thanks for sharing
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks for sharing
I started a blog a few months ago... just to write about crazy Italy
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:42 am

thanks for sharing
Oh do stop being all group hugging American
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Power and heating restored (did you miss me?), snow stopped but now it's started again ...
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:18 am

Power and heating restored (did you miss me?), snow stopped but now it's started again ...
Of course we did - now get yourself off home for the afternoon.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Of course we did - now get yourself off home for the afternoon.
Actually I think I'll stay a bit longer..it's turning out to be quite a fun sort of day
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

It's 15°C here, had to open the windows in the car because it was too hot (still had the aircon on at 28°c from driving home last night)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.