Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
He's a bit of a scaremonger so I wouldn't count on it .. maybe you should get shingles or something less painful ? you already get loads of time of + permessi di studio ... I'm surprised you ever visit the office at all
ahhhh! Sore point! ...

I don't get permessi di studio cos I don't actually go to any lessons! .. I should get three full days off for every exam though, but up to now I haven't!

PS I did have calcoli renali once...very painful and I'm so not going there again!
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it time you changed your profile ? Christmas is over .. or is that a photo ?

Last edited by HADENOUGHPIZZA; Jan 9th 2013 at 11:46 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Isn't it time you changed your profile ? Christmas is over .. or is that a photo ?
It's basically valid all year round..but point taken..
Which part of me would you like to see now?

Last edited by MarkRD; Jan 9th 2013 at 11:53 am.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
It's basically valid all year round..but point taken..
Which part of me would you like to see now?
Be grateful Duffer doesn't seem to be around to answer this ....
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Be grateful Duffer doesn't seem to be around to answer this ....
I'm not asking him....
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

this is fine , studious , serious and nice glasses too .....
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

this is fine , studious , serious and nice glasses too .....
yup, that's me babe ...
Old Jan 11th 2013, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
So first the good news - there was no change to insurance premium for knocking off one motrino rider in Rome (apparantly more than 3 is bad in a 12 month period, 1-2 normal ). still bloomin expensive though

And the bad news: I have shingles (and not manflu with a lot of insect bites as OH thought).
Sorry to see you now have shingles (as though your knee op wasn't enough!)
Maybe you had better light a candle for Sant'antonio

Last edited by pugliese; Jan 11th 2013 at 2:39 pm. Reason: forgot the saint's name!
Old Jan 11th 2013, 3:11 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pugliese
Sorry to see you now have shingles (as though your knee op wasn't enough!)
Maybe you had better light a candle for Sant'antonio
Cheers thanks for that - it has not been that great healthwise for the last few months and it looks like I am going to have to go for 3 weeks of intensive rehab on the knee in March.

PS the knee operation was a "bargain" Euro 8,900

Maybe more than one candle is required! 2013 will be better than 2012 me hopes
Old Jan 11th 2013, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Another blooming tire slashed!!
Picked up the kids, then an ambulance was rushing behind me, so a moved a bit to the right.Tho minutes later, heard grinding noise, stopped in a car park and the tyre was smoking. Could not reach OH, so got the jack out. Someone saw me and came to help a damsel in distress, got the screws off for me. The rest I did myself and OH arrived when all was over.
The tyre is a write off and it is not the one I repaired recently. So, 2 new tyres tomorrow.
At least I know how to change it myself from now on.

The gommista did say that I was his best client.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers thanks for that - it has not been that great healthwise for the last few months and it looks like I am going to have to go for 3 weeks of intensive rehab on the knee in March.

PS the knee operation was a "bargain" Euro 8,900

Maybe more than one candle is required! 2013 will be better than 2012 me hopes
Hopefully you have a private medical insurance that will take care of that?
Old Jan 11th 2013, 4:16 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
Hopefully you have a private medical insurance that will take care of that?
I don't but I have sent the invoice off to the HR Dept for reimbursement and I am currently waiting for the abusive phone call that passes for auditing a claim. However, they agreed to cover all my medical expenses here (a pre-condition for me coming to Italy) and they also authorised me to go to the Clinic for the op. That said, I don't think they will be expecting a bill that big.

If HR hadn't agreed to cover medical expense I would definitely have gone for insurance here as I appear to be falling apart at the seams

Sorry to hear about your tyre - is it just the roads around you?
Old Jan 11th 2013, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't but I have sent the invoice off to the HR Dept for reimbursement and I am currently waiting for the abusive phone call that passes for auditing a claim. However, they agreed to cover all my medical expenses here (a pre-condition for me coming to Italy) and they also authorised me to go to the Clinic for the op. That said, I don't think they will be expecting a bill that big.

If HR hadn't agreed to cover medical expense I would definitely have gone for insurance here as I appear to be falling apart at the seams

Sorry to hear about your tyre - is it just the roads around you?
Medical bills are high here. I ( the insurance) paid 5,000 for a straigh forward giving birth.
Someone I used to know had an accident on the GRA, his motorbike was hit, he dislocated his shoulder and paid over 9,000 in medical bills. He was desperate to get some of it back, but he has since left Italy and I do not know if he sucedded.

I do not know about the roads, they are crappy all over Italy, especially from the centre-south.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 6:28 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

I don't but I have sent the invoice off to the HR Dept for reimbursement and I am currently waiting for the abusive phone call that passes for auditing a claim.
wow, nice surprise, I just checked my bank account on-line and they have paid for the op already
Old Jan 12th 2013, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

homeandgardens will become famous soon enough

Why are car repairs so expensive in Italy? As if vehicles acquired some value in time. Anyway... managed to get a low milage-almost new fiat panda. It's quite basic but good enough for driving around valleys and tracks. Just need to get some snow tyres now to prepare for the snow we are expecting in the north.
Have to postpone my dream of buying and restoring an old and reliable defender.

Originally Posted by 37100
Same here, Mum sent me the 3 series. I have time, but I'm not an avid tv/film watcher.

One of our cars has been in for repairs 3 times over xmas. €2.000 later and if is fixed. But it's only because OH is a trained mechanic and told them what he thought was wrong. It had a fuel leak. Anything could have happened. One of the rear doors also jammed shut (supposed we should be grateful it was shut). The garage had to drill a hole in the lock and remove the whole thing and the surrounding supports. €400! Should have left it jammed. And one of the other cars needs an MOT this month too. Then there's road tax, tv licence, condo fees, uni fees, 2 birthdays..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.