Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

lots of wine , chocolate , roast potatoes , sitting on the sofa I'm starting to look like my profile photo...
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
lots of wine , chocolate , roast potatoes , sitting on the sofa I'm starting to look like my profile photo...
well that can't be a bad thing..especially in the thick fog.

Me? Gained 3kgs in mince pies which I shall now proceed to shed.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Same here, thick fog, drivers with no lights, kids tired.My alarm clock went off at 6.30, I woke up at 6.55, so we only had 15 minutes to get dressed and eat. Good job all was laid out last night and the bags were packed.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

gelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud of

I was gonna say "too much pizza".

jonwel - not gonna happen

No fog here in Rome. Bright sunny skies and about 14 degrees. I love winter here. Just can't stand the summers.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:08 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gelato
I was gonna say "too much pizza".

jonwel - not gonna happen

No fog here in Rome. Bright sunny skies and about 14 degrees. I love winter here. Just can't stand the summers.
I hope that comes to us in a couple of hours in Granada, at 0730 it was 0c now up to 9c
no fog though, at this height - 800metres asl we sometimes confuse the cloud with fog, but then we look down on the clouds quite regularly.

`
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:28 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Hadenough, I want to know why you are using a picture of me as your profile picture anyway

Off to get a Certificato Medico in order to be allowed in the gym - la burocrazia strikes again!!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Isakat
Same here, thick fog, drivers with no lights, kids tired.My alarm clock went off at 6.30, I woke up at 6.55, so we only had 15 minutes to get dressed and eat. Good job all was laid out last night and the bags were packed.
Similar story here too .. I even knocked the alarm clock off the table.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so it sounds as if we could all do with loosing a little weight after the holidays .. I'd love to get back to the gym but I cannot see how it can be done unless I give up full time work , somemthing OH promised would one day happen but so far ........The only one feeling good about herself this morning is my eldest who got the offer of an job interview while wandering about in Abercrombie and Fitch, she can't go but the kudos attached to the offer has made her unbearable . Hope the body facists at A & F go out of business...
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:58 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Morning friends.

I am back and in a bad mood too.
Actually I think mine is more Post England Depression

I think I need a big project to work on, some focus. I look around me at all the jobs that need doing and I can hardly muster up enough energy to empty the washing machine though!

I decided to be good and healthy and walk to a particular shop this morning instead of driving. It only took two weeks in England to forget about half day closing so of course the bloody shop was closed! Even the bright sunshine didn't make me feel that much better.

I'm back at school on Wednesday, but that contract finishes at the end of this month.

OH leaves for a work trip tomorrow so it'll be just the kids and myself again.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:00 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Morning friends.

I am back and in a bad mood too.
Actually I think mine is more Post England Depression

I think I need a big project to work on, some focus. I look around me at all the jobs that need doing and I can hardly muster up enough energy to empty the washing machine though!

I decided to be good and healthy and walk to a particular shop this morning instead of driving. It only took two weeks in England to forget about half day closing so of course the bloody shop was closed! Even the bright sunshine didn't make me feel that much better.

I'm back at school on Wednesday, but that contract finishes at the end of this month.

OH leaves for a work trip tomorrow so it'll be just the kids and myself again.
Hey we are all glad you are back as we missed you.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:10 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Hey we are all glad you are back as we missed you.
Thank you, now that does make me feel marginally better

Now onto project ideas. Apart from the fact that the bedrooms could do with a lick of paint, what else?

I have a basket with hundreds if not thousands of printed photos from pre-digital days. I could start scanning and organising them and putting them in albums. I have a feeling that I'll end up with thousands of photos spread out around the lounge for days and nights.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok so it sounds as if we could all do with loosing a little weight after the holidays .. I'd love to get back to the gym but I cannot see how it can be done unless I give up full time work , somemthing OH promised would one day happen but so far ........The only one feeling good about herself this morning is my eldest who got the offer of an job interview while wandering about in Abercrombie and Fitch, she can't go but the kudos attached to the offer has made her unbearable . Hope the body facists at A & F go out of business...
A&F .. all she has to do is look pretty and learn to say "hey, how's it goin'?" convincingly. Hopefully she won't have to pose topless at the entrance... (over to you Duffer..)

Hi Lorna welcome back to Italy-land! If you're depressed think about those who haven't even been away ...
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

DD went through a phase when she wanted A&F clothes because all the kids at her school were wearing this label. I showed her an article saying that 80 shops are closing in the States and that the make is falling out of fashion.
She has not asked me for these overpriced clothes since.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:16 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Isakat
DD went through a phase when she wanted A&F clothes because all the kids at her school were wearing this label. I showed her an article saying that 80 shops are closing in the States and that the make is falling out of fashion.
She has not asked me for these overpriced clothes since.
good skills - I am impressed
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
good skills - I am impressed
Thanks, you need to make things uncool when you deal with teenagers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.