Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Letter from the U.K.

Letter from the U.K.

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Letter from the U.K.

Originally Posted by angeli
Ok, I am just a girl so bear or bare with me when it comes to techno....
Look for big green square that says upload pics and vids
click on it.....window opens to pics, click on it, will do it in seconds...ha ha, window appears saying add description....do ....if you can and save....
Pic should then be thumbnail below it says amongst other things Share
Copy the image code
then go to forum as per normal and paste.....it does work believe me but if no joy look at Bricwoods instructions to me was either Gardening by post or Roots and Shoots......I managed but only hae dial up here 2 k's out of 'Gualdo' !!!!

Last edited by davehornet6; Jul 3rd 2010 at 9:46 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

YIPPEE!!!
ive tried a few times to put pics up and gave up.
THANK YOU so much, Angeli & Bricwood both.
cant believe how easy it is!!
is there anyway to reduce the size of pics displayed though?
in case anyone is wondering that pic is from the Ducati museum in Bologna
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by davehornet6
YIPPEE!!!
Clever you, am impressed...nice red bikes.

Picture takes me ages to load as only have dial-up and now having another problem, I go to my pics to choose and click on file to open and photobucket insists on trying to load the first picture only, wont let me view file and pick pic...what am I doing wrong.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Clever you, am impressed...nice red bikes.

Picture takes me ages to load as only have dial-up and now having another problem, I go to my pics to choose and click on file to open and photobucket insists on trying to load the first picture only, wont let me view file and pick pic...what am I doing wrong.
not really sure as only just set up photobucket.
are you pasting the link of the actual picture that you want, or the album that the picture is in??
only thing i can think of as im not a techno wizz either!!!
Old Jul 10th 2010, 9:57 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

YIPPEE!!!
Really??! I thought they were new Vespas....
Old Jul 10th 2010, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Read online uk about to have 'official' heatwave this weekend with the SE experiencing temps as high as 32c...even 22c at night Of course this has triggered off alerts as old / ill peeps at risk etc...press do like to make up a good story Feel sorry for furry coated animals....
Old Jul 10th 2010, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Read online uk about to have 'official' heatwave this weekend with the SE experiencing temps as high as 32c...even 22c at night Of course this has triggered off alerts as old / ill peeps at risk etc...press do like to make up a good story Feel sorry for furry coated animals....
Yes! we are having a heatwave. Has been between 25 & 31 degrees for a couple of weeks now in SE.
Grass everywhere is dead. And our water bill is going to be massive!
Hose pipe ban in some places up north.
Any how its not that bad as there has been a pretty consistent breeze taking the edge off the heat.
Unlike out with you guys. Did i hear right its got to 42 in places?
Now thats hot!!!!
Old Jul 10th 2010, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes! we are having a heatwave. Has been between 25 & 31 degrees for a couple of weeks now in SE.
Grass everywhere is dead. And our water bill is going to be massive!
Hose pipe ban in some places up north.
Any how its not that bad as there has been a pretty consistent breeze taking the edge off the heat.
Unlike out with you guys. Did i hear right its got to 42 in places?
Now thats hot!!!!
Not quite that sizzling hot here.....Lidl temp in and out read at worst 38c and shut eyes last night trying not to listen to whirling fan moving air around house temps last night 28c.....dont need a sheet but somehow need something !!!!
Old Jul 10th 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not quite that sizzling hot here.....Lidl temp in and out read at worst 38c and shut eyes last night trying not to listen to whirling fan moving air around house temps last night 28c.....dont need a sheet but somehow need something !!!!
How about a net curtain?
Need to put my pillow in fridge! Cannot sleep if my head is hot.
Place in the sun was on tele last night, couple wanted a holiday home in Le Marche,
Dumbass presenter showed 3 boring properties, None with any character and a bit over priced. Couple were not impressed much
Some things never change!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

How about a net curtain?
Need to put my pillow in fridge! Cannot sleep if my head is hot.
Place in the sun was on tele last night, couple wanted a holiday home in Le Marche,
Dumbass presenter showed 3 boring properties, None with any character and a bit over priced. Couple were not impressed much
Some things never change!
Wonder if anyone has invented a 'chillow', cold pillow to chill in fridge, like you cant bare a a hot head, prefer head in shade and rest in sun, another must have beach accessory.
Was Place in the Sun one with selling agent (female) taking couple to 'Palace' only to find another agent there, not allowing them to view as he said he had sole selling rights..or something like that ???? Did see that one....
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wonder if anyone has invented a 'chillow', cold pillow to chill in fridge, like you cant bare a a hot head, prefer head in shade and rest in sun, another must have beach accessory.
Was Place in the Sun one with selling agent (female) taking couple to 'Palace' only to find another agent there, not allowing them to view as he said he had sole selling rights..or something like that ???? Did see that one....
No a different one. 1st property was two apartments, next was a detached mixed up house with horrid spiral staircase into what was the cellar, last was an old water tower with wagon-wheel windows upstairs.