Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Holidays - fun and otherwise!!!

Holidays - fun and otherwise!!!

Old Jul 19th 2010, 7:05 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holidays - fun and otherwise!!!

Just to shift horrific donkeys/taxis off the movie thread!!!

We did the donkey ride in Santorini - you HAVE to, it's like going to Rome and not seeing the Colosseum!! It is down slippery, steep, cobbled streets. The donkeys skid and slide. Not having done anything like it before I also wore a short, tight skirt, so everyone could see my knickers as I had to hike the dress up to sit on the thing! Not an elegant look! Alex was 5 and sat with dad so he was fine - enough that he started riding lessons back in the UK! We got a taxi back to our resort - about 30mins away but the bus had been packed going. We never went back to the main town. The roads were high with drops on the sides, mainly just dirt tracks. The driver would pull out to overtake doing about 40, into oncoming traffic....all the way back. No belts, steep drop so we'd be dead anyway...!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2010, 10:47 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holidays - fun and otherwise!!!

One day I'll probably take my kids to see London but nothong on earth will get me on The London Eye. A year or so ago we took the kids to a theme park and went on something similar.
As the cabins (pods) whatever they're called, got closer and closer to the top my heart rate went faster and faster. Funny how I don't mind any of the other rides but that feeling of floating really high up scared the hell out of me and I couldn't wait to get down again ............ and it came down really really slowly too !
Old Jul 19th 2010, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Holidays - fun and otherwise!!!

Love, Love, Love the London eye. In fact I just get lost in looking and realy get annoyed if my kids ask me questions... it goes really quickly too.... I don't have a prob with heights though, just fear or imminent death and don't feel like that on the Eye.

I have prob had a sheltered life but the worst holiday we had was in a Haven Caravan in North Wales... it was a wonderful location... when you got out of the caravan park. I love North Wales, but the park was dire. Mainly the other guests (pre-smoking ban we spent one hour in the club house in amongst the smoke and Burberry and the fact that I pulled not our own hair out of the plughole in the shower and knelt on the floor in the kitchen to look at the state of the fridge and got a piece of glass in my knee... shows how well cleaned it was. Noone was that bothered when we went to complain. The pool was open to 'non-owners' like us for approx 2hours a day and so we just went 'off-campus' and realised these types of holidays were really not for us.... I've been on loads of caravan holidays before this with my parents and grandparents and never had any sort of experience like that before. There is a big Haven site down in Hastings too and I know that it's a pretty similar story there so don't think the issues I had with it came from only that one site....