HAPPY HOUR

Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:23 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

Originally Posted by duffer
OK thanks. So the Carnival is a religious festival here in Italy where you get rid of your sweets. Not like the Notting Hill carnival then where you go to get rid of your wallet.
BTW, a thought occurs - you do KNOW the Easter story and what it's about, don't you?? It isn't just an excuse to buy eggs for baby Brando that you then eat......
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:37 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Duffer, do you know that you are supposed to give up something you like for lent.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:45 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Isn't Notting Hill in summer as well? Near August Bank Holiday? So, yeah, just to relieve you of your wallet!

My MIL - Irish Catholic - won't eat meat on Good Friday, so you could extend that to all of Lent as GF is the penultimate day of Lent isn't it? I know good Catholics in the UK aren't supposed to eat meat any Friday.

Thanks for the horse tale......One way to commit suicide I suppose!
So glad you reminded me about the meat bit as it is also true for ash wednesday when some people still fast. My ultra religious -don't know where he gets it from and, not when it comes to girls- son would have given me a very long lecture if I had dished up meat.
Pancakes, marmalade AND Nutella.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:53 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

You have to think Jaffa Cakes - and really like them too, of course!!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:24 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
BTW, a thought occurs - you do KNOW the Easter story and what it's about, don't you?? It isn't just an excuse to buy eggs for baby Brando that you then eat......
I'm not very religious and neither is the OH. I drifted off during RE!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:25 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROSALINDANN
Duffer, do you know that you are supposed to give up something you like for lent.
What about BJs?
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:00 am
The Original Red Head!

What about BJs?
Counts as protein on Fridays for the giver......
Old Feb 26th 2009, 4:57 am
Pull my finger

would going down be considered as fish??
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:02 am
The Original Red Head!

!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:11 am
Pull my finger

OK. Change the subject. All this talk of food is making me hungry...
Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:44 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not very religious and neither is the OH. I drifted off during RE!
Will you get Brando baptised though ?

I used to hear stories that kids couldn't join the Scouts if they weren't baptised Catholics - but it was years ago and I'm not sure if it's true today.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:10 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I've just filled out the school entry form for Alex who'll be starting elementary in September. I have to hand it in before tomorrow's closing date.

I have to choose one of four school hour options and give a second choice too knowing full well that none of them are guaranteed as yet and that I won't know what class or timetable my son has until September.

It's bloody stupid and all because some daft new minister wants to be remembered as "the one who reformed the school in 2008"

Most likely to be remembered as the one who "fu**ed up the system in 2008".
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:08 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Will you get Brando baptised though ?

I used to hear stories that kids couldn't join the Scouts if they weren't baptised Catholics - but it was years ago and I'm not sure if it's true today.
None of my family practises any religion except for my mum who is a Hindu. My OH is a so-called non practising Catholic. Her mum tries to get her to go to church at least once a year but fails in persuading her everytime.

There will be no Battisimo for Brando. And if one day he tries to ask me money as he's collecting for the church I will tell him that the Catholic god doesn't recognise him!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 12:59 am
The Original Red Head!

You should get him a little Ganesh to sit in his bedroom - worth it just to see your M-I-L's face!!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I've just filled out the school entry form for Alex who'll be starting elementary in September. I have to hand it in before tomorrow's closing date.

I have to choose one of four school hour options and give a second choice too knowing full well that none of them are guaranteed as yet and that I won't know what class or timetable my son has until September.

It's bloody stupid and all because some daft new minister wants to be remembered as "the one who reformed the school in 2008"

Most likely to be remembered as the one who "fu**ed up the system in 2008".

Same here Lorna
Have filled in forms for youngest who is going to the Medie in Sept and have chosen 36 hrs - but we have already been told they cannot guarantee this. We might only get 30 hours which means every morning 8am to 1pm and THATS ALL !!! Bloody stupid. I will seriously think about moving him to the larger town 10 mins down the road where they have a different timetable. But its cruel to take them away from all their friends dont you think ?
Also lots of other stuff was explained by the staff - things like languages will probably be reduced until in 3 yrs time they phase out the language teachers and replace them by using the form teacher, who with a short course , will be expected to teach them English and French

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.