zim nationals

Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: zim nationals

Originally Posted by Pablo
Yes indeed, Tegwyn. I fear that Zim will never recover, and if SA ends up going the same way, then in a generation or two it will have been forgotten that a successful state is possible on the African continent. Even now I have heard Africa's failure blamed on such things as a lack of horses or an absence of navigable rivers. It is all too easy to blame topography or climate or some act of God for the failings of men.

I really believed that Zim was going to be different, naive fool that I was.

Pablo
I just got off the phone with a very old Zim friend whom I managed to track down (in Europe). Hadn't spoken to him since we were neighbors on the farm and I moved away as a teen. He was there 2 months ago and says that if I had to see it, I would weep, it is that bad.

We all thought it was going to be different.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:24 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Can anyone make any sense of what is going on in the business community in Zim?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Can anyone make any sense of what is going on in the business community in Zim?
When has big business ever stood up to tyrants? But in the end you can't be forced to sell things for less than you paid for them.

Pablo
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pablo
When has big business ever stood up to tyrants? But in the end you can't be forced to sell things for less than you paid for them.

Pablo
I just don't understand the 'logic' behind the crazy man doing this. Seriously.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

There is no logic,
What he is doing is keeping his troops too happy to turn on him.
As long as they can loot, rape and destroy,there's less chance of a military coup, which is very close.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Two theories. Either he really has finally lost it completely, and this is the endgame. Or he has something up his sleeve, possibly in cahoots with Mbeki, so that Mbeki can win kudos for "solving" the Zim situation, provide Mugabe with a safe haven (say Clifton in Cape Town, or possibly that's not fortified enough for Mugabe, who needs tank traps in his garden nowadays).

I guess you've read the reports about bringing Zim into the Rand monetary area. Possibly this is part of the plan, though it won't solve things, and Mugabe would lose a lot of his independence (which he seems unwilling to countenance).

Like all monsters though, he's not unintelligent. He has the craven West taped, and he has Mbeki taped. I think Mandela has the measure of Mugabe - which, I suspect, is one reason Mugabe hates Mandela.

Pablo
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:45 am

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

You answered your own question there. He's off his head.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

A quick Scenario?
Zim Collapses, Anarchy and starvation..
SA sends in Troops to stabilise,Food, a steering Committee.
Offers Mugabe Exile in CT where Mugabe already owns extensive property holdings.
SA calls on the WEST to aid and administers the Country till it's"On it's feet"
which is never.
The Start of a federation
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:50 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Daxk
A quick Scenario?
Zim Collapses, Anarchy and starvation..
SA sends in Troops to stabilise,Food, a steering Committee.
Offers Mugabe Exile in CT where Mugabe already owns extensive property holdings.
SA calls on the WEST to aid and administers the Country till it's"On it's feet"
which is never.
The Start of a federation
my own theory is that because mugabe is about to die the powers that be won't do anything. They are probably hoping his successor can be reasoned with.

Or, there will be a civil war.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:13 am
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future

Now if Zim isnt a lesson in crazee to SA then I dont know what is .
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:37 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Now if Zim isnt a lesson in crazee to SA then I dont know what is .
By the way, if anyone from Zim is reading this, then New Zealand have a special category for anybody from Zimbabwe (Mods, correct me if im wrong), which is worth looking into.

New Zealand is a great little country on the other side of the world. We have one of the most progressive social policies in the western world. For example, we have legalised prostitution. We don't have any nuclear power, and we stayed out of the Iraq war.

MD
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:17 am
Account Closed

whalewatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
New Zealand is a great little country on the other side of the world. We have one of the most progressive social policies in the western world. For example, we have legalised prostitution. We don't have any nuclear power, and we stayed out of the Iraq war.
So why Cuba then?
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by whalewatcher
So why Cuba then?
good cigars, good jazz, fine looking women, cool old cars, interesting history, beautiful scenery, decent health care, a lliving legend as a leader, and a big F you to the USA.

Im a dreamer. what can I tell you?
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

whalewatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

good cigars, good jazz, fine looking women, cool old cars, interesting history, beautiful scenery, decent health care, a lliving legend as a leader, and a big F you to the USA.

I can relate to that, in spite of all the cruel deceptions the real world gives us, I know just where you're coming from. So many exotic DVDs to choose from in the video shop of life.

We travel not for trafficking alone:
By hotter winds our fiery hearts are fanned:
For lust of knowing what should not be known
We make the Golden Journey to Samarkand.

Last edited by whalewatcher; Jul 20th 2007 at 12:09 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

You're a Lotus-eater.

Pablo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.