Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Opposition to integration

Opposition to integration

Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:39 am
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future
Default Opposition to integration

Some of our fellow citizens showing us what they really think about integration .

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...277923,00.html

The video shows four white male students taking four black, elderly, women workers and making them down a bottle of beer, run a race, play rugby and then kneel and eat meat which had been urinated on.

While we might be 14 years into our so called democracy , attitudes are still firmly stuck in the 80's .I guess some things will never change.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:30 am
Account Closed

whalewatcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Opposition to integration

I've been following the furore about this. Turns out these 20-year old white devils tricked their victims into being degraded by giving them a fun time during the filming, then editing it later to make them look stupid. It wasn't even real urine, it was orange juice. No black people were harmed during the making of this movie.

It was tasteless and disrespectful on the part of the students who made the film, but the savage response that's been heaped on them has been appalling.

What made me furious was the statement by '81 prominent South Africans', mostly whities like Nadine Gordimer and Max du Preez, condemning the students in these sort of terms "They have dehumanised themselves by their own disgusting acts of inhumanity."

The boys who made the film were barely a few years old when they joined the brave new South Africa that these 'prominent citizens' helped to usher in. They are barely out of their teens now. Why don't the 'prominent citizens' rather acknowledge that this is their own failure, a result of their own neglect.

I used to have a lot of respect for the such people. But now, blaming children for the failure of their own agendas - the hell with them, struggle fossils!

Last edited by whalewatcher; Mar 12th 2008 at 11:37 am.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Well said, Whalewatcher. The sheer vitriol and intemperate hatred expressed by those condemning these students is far in excess of any supposed offence. It was, as someone else said, a prank, and it is hardly surprising that young students cock a snook at the endless sanctimonous political correctness of the authorities. The self-regarding smugness of the likes of Gordimer and du Preez is sickening.

As for 'integration', well you just need to look around the UK to see that people in general don't want it. They have to be forced - which requires increasingly tyrannous behavour on the part of government.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

whalewatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

The other thing that made me cross with the 'prominent citizens' was the context. To condemn a prank in such a way, and yet to keep silent about all the other horrors that we read about every day. It beggars belief, really.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely. And if these screaming critics were truly interested in racial harmony, they would laugh this off as the prank it was, instead of trying to portray it as some monstrous 'hate-crime' on a par with the holocaust or genocide.

The great irony is that the critics have set back the cause they supposedly support far more than these students.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 10:04 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by whalewatcher
The other thing that made me cross with the 'prominent citizens' was the context. To condemn a prank in such a way, and yet to keep silent about all the other horrors that we read about every day. It beggars belief, really.
Spot on!!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:01 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

I've been following the furore about this. Turns out these 20-year old white devils tricked their victims into being degraded by giving them a fun time during the filming, then editing it later to make them look stupid. It wasn't even real urine, it was orange juice. No black people were harmed during the making of this movie.

It was tasteless and disrespectful on the part of the students who made the film, but the savage response that's been heaped on them has been appalling.

What made me furious was the statement by '81 prominent South Africans', mostly whities like Nadine Gordimer and Max du Preez, condemning the students in these sort of terms "They have dehumanised themselves by their own disgusting acts of inhumanity."

The boys who made the film were barely a few years old when they joined the brave new South Africa that these 'prominent citizens' helped to usher in. They are barely out of their teens now. Why don't the 'prominent citizens' rather acknowledge that this is their own failure, a result of their own neglect.

I used to have a lot of respect for the such people. But now, blaming children for the failure of their own agendas - the hell with them, struggle fossils!
Bravo

I too have watched this and you have hit the nail on the head

One rule for us etc ………….
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasn't even real urine, it was orange juice. No black people were harmed during the making of this movie.
So it was OK? Firstly they were humiliated, and secondly it was the intent of the video which has so rightly been condemned.

Amazing how you've turned it around, the poor boys vs the evil Max and Co, what a laugh! Pity you're not a bit more uptight about the video, it would do you're credibility some good.

I used to have a lot of respect for the such people.
I'll bet you never did.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pablo
Well said, Whalewatcher. The sheer vitriol and intemperate hatred expressed by those condemning these students is far in excess of any supposed offence. It was, as someone else said, a prank, and it is hardly surprising that young students cock a snook at the endless sanctimonous political correctness of the authorities. The self-regarding smugness of the likes of Gordimer and du Preez is sickening.

As for 'integration', well you just need to look around the UK to see that people in general don't want it. They have to be forced - which requires increasingly tyrannous behavour on the part of government.
So we follow Shiftey's line, it was a schoolboy prank? well done shiftey
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

they would laugh this off as the prank it was,
If they laugh it off then the perpetrators would have got away with it, which is probably what you would like.

The great irony is that the critics have set back the cause they supposedly support far more than these students.
In your eyes perhaps.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

May I refer my reply on Juggernauts senseless violence thread rather than replying on two threads?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

Cowards are good at choosing which battles to fight . Selective quoting doesn't help either.

Why Stanley10, when you're asked to debate on factual information on the systematic murder of white farmers in SA, do you insist on not becoming involved in a "pissing contest" as you call it?.

Do you have a job in aussie mate or are you on the dole?

Originally Posted by Stanley10
So we follow Shiftey's line, it was a schoolboy prank? well done shiftey
Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
Cowards are good at choosing which battles to fight . Selective quoting doesn't help either.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
Why Stanley10, when you're asked to debate on factual information on the systematic murder of white farmers in SA, do you insist on not becoming involved in a "pissing contest" as you call it?.
Did you / have you presented a fact on farm murders? Haven't seen one yet.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:21 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stanley10
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Did you / have you presented a fact on farm murders? Haven't seen one yet.
Have you answered the questions re why you are in Oz if you love SA so much yet
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Campbells
Have you answered the questions re why you are in Oz if you love SA so much yet
I think I answered your question already, but here it is again, I am in Australia because I like it here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.