Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Price of gas update...

Price of gas update...

Old Jan 31st 2012, 2:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of gas update...

Juyst very weird at the moment.

BJ's over the weekend went up to $3.41 and then $3.43.

The Gulf opposite went up to $3.60 and now today down to $3.56

The Cumberlands is the next cheapest by quite a margin at $3.46 and most places hovering over the $3.50-3.55 mark.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

was in Dracut, MA at the weekend and had to pay $3.55. Moving there in two months, so looking forward to paying higher petrol prices NOT
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
was in Dracut, MA at the weekend and had to pay $3.55. Moving there in two months, so looking forward to paying higher petrol prices NOT
Oooh...good luck! Is that the town that blew up a couple years ago or am I thinking of Danvers?

Anyway, you'd be a short hop away from Lowell, which is shit, but they do have a awesome summer series of concerts every Saturday I think it is on the town green...and some nice country roads up to Exeter, NH, which has a great town market as well as quite a lot of footie in the area if you're interested
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Oooh...good luck! Is that the town that blew up a couple years ago or am I thinking of Danvers?

Anyway, you'd be a short hop away from Lowell, which is shit, but they do have a awesome summer series of concerts every Saturday I think it is on the town green...and some nice country roads up to Exeter, NH, which has a great town market as well as quite a lot of footie in the area if you're interested
Love me some footie so that is a bonus. We like the Dracut side as it is very Rural and kind of makes me feel at home. Lowell is shite from everything i have read, but thankfully Dracut seems to score highly on certain data sites such as neighbourhood scout.

My colleague tells me it was Danvers that blew up
Old Jan 31st 2012, 9:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
Love me some footie so that is a bonus. We like the Dracut side as it is very Rural and kind of makes me feel at home. Lowell is shite from everything i have read, but thankfully Dracut seems to score highly on certain data sites such as neighbourhood scout.

My colleague tells me it was Danvers that blew up
I can never remember as it was just off either 495 or 95 and all those D towns, much like the W's, they all blend together

You want a shithole though, a snip over to the left for Leominster and the crack, or a snip to the right and Lawrence, Lawrence is just a hole

Lowell has some cool architecture and bars and very little else, but you're pretty close to a load of nice orchards and the like.

Lovely little area
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:22 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

where in MA are you Bob?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bob

BJ's over the weekend went up to $3.41 and then $3.43.

The Gulf opposite went up to $3.60 and now today down to $3.56
BJ's went up a penny and the Gulf went down a penny this afternoon :/
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by ScousePete
where in MA are you Bob?
Metrowest region, on the inside of I-495
Old Feb 1st 2012, 12:12 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Do you ever do anything with this lot? http://www.facebook.com/events/301858956530927/
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Seems to be getting crazy lately.

Over the course of a few days, BJ's have gone from $3.52 to $3.59, but down the street, the Cumbies, the next cheapest by miles have gone from $3.55 to $3.69.

The Gulf across the street as gone from $3.59 to $3.79
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by ScousePete
Do you ever do anything with this lot? http://www.facebook.com/events/301858956530927/
I know a few folks who go, but I've moved a little further out in the burbs so don't...they do arrange a lot of fun stuff though for sporting events, Christmas, etc, etc.

Good bunch a lot of them I'd say.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

We're up to $3.93
Old Feb 27th 2012, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

I paid 4.0something a few days ago at the local shell when I had to fill up the Miata on the way to work. Mind you, at 31-33mpg it doesn't hurt quite as badly as filling up the winter beater Jeep that gets 13mpg on a very good day.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It's well over $4.00 here - $4.45 at one place, and it was heaving.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 11:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bob

Over the course of a few days, BJ's have gone from $3.52 to $3.59...
Having gone up to that amount yesterday, since lunch time today, it has gone up again to $3.67

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.