Reload this Page >

Obama's Executive Order

Obama's Executive Order

Old Nov 22nd 2014, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Obama's Executive Order

The USCIS site has info.

I think the basics for most are pretty clear. Some of the details like for example the extent of criminal history allowed wolno doubt follow DACA.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Pete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnybrown532
How about this for an immigration bill.

Deportation of all illegals currently in United States
Life ban from returning to United States for all deported persons.
Increased border security.
Increases in H1B quotas, reduction of levels required for e2 visa investment, provision for green card from e2 visa after ten years. Quick paths to greencard for outstanding maths and science students.
Guest worker program with provision to apply for green card after 10 years, issuance and renewals subject to labour certification.
Alteration of law to prevent illegal immigrant from ever obtaining a green card expect via marriage ergo knocking the anchor baby issue into touch.
Petitioner for sponsorship of parents for greencard must have lived in USA for first 2 years of life or be naturalised citizen. Again knocking anchor baby issue into touch.
Increase of DV lotto visa to 1000 visas for each qualifying country
Increased internal immigration enforcement and tamper proof id cards.

Obama would never sign it though would he? And if the first line read amnesty for illegal immigrants in United States it would never get through congress. So nothing will ever change the deadlock is unbreakable isn't it?
Many of these illegals actually came here legally got married to USC and stayed.

For your plan to work you will have to ban all foreigners from entering the US ever again.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Plus Palin thinks all the illegals should be put on cruise ships and shipped across the ocean to Mexico City...

There's no hope with that kind of intelligence.
Palin would also go to war with Russia she said she would and that is the end of the world right there.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pete H
Many of these illegals actually came here legally got married to USC and stayed.

For your plan to work you will have to ban all foreigners from entering the US ever again.
How would you have to ban all foreigners from entering the USA for it to work? I don't see how you reach that conclusion?
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 3:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BritInParis
And thus the problem goes on unresolved. It's gotten to the point now when if you did pass such a law it would never work in practice. Presuming you could find them all, how do you deport 11 million people? That's more than the population of Greece, most of which have been in the US for more than ten years. And what's to stop from all drifting back over the border again afterwards?

Suddenly removing that many people is also going to have a serious knock-on effect on the economy of certain states, particularly California. An estimated 1 in 10 LA County residents is an illegal immigrant. That's a lot of cheap labour that will be lost.

And what about the fate of their US-born children? America will essentially be deporting its own citizens if their parents are forced to leave.

In a way the debate about immigration is missing the point, whether it's the US, Europe or Australia. We're arguing about how to deal with the symptoms of mass migration rather than the cause. The economic pull factors are obvious but it's the push factors - the fear of violence and persecution - that makes people risk everything to make that journey. If we did more to tackle those issues then the immigration problem would solve itself.
Indeed it does a bill with similar wording would never pass and neither would a bill with amnesty for illegals written at the top. So the situation will never be resolved.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Pete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond reputePete H has a reputation beyond repute

How would you have to ban all foreigners from entering the USA for it to work? I don't see how you reach that conclusion?
Okay you send all 11 million illegals home.

Then another 11 million visitors come and stay illegally.

For that not to happen you will have to ban any visitors from coming here again.

You will have a country with a similar immigration/visitor policy to North Korea and illegals still get into North Korea.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 4:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
In defense of Palin (oy) I believe the quote is from one of those satire sites.
Indeed.

snopes.com: Sarah Palin: Send Immigrants 'Back Across Ocean' to Mexico
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pete H
Okay you send all 11 million illegals home.

Then another 11 million visitors come and stay illegally.

For that not to happen you will have to ban any visitors from coming here again.

You will have a country with a similar immigration/visitor policy to North Korea and illegals still get into North Korea.
But your saying no visitor leaves the USA and that is just not correct the majority probably entered via that unguarded mexican border. I never said there would be no more illegals. With greater enforcement, border security and guest worker program there would be a lot less opportunity for illegals to enter the country, remain free and work illegally. There will always be illegals but I don't think the numbers would reach these level again. Without the work being there for them or accessiable to them they won't go to america.

Last edited by johnnybrown532; Nov 22nd 2014 at 4:29 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I never said there would be no more illegals.
In fact, you did... when you wrote: "Deportation of all illegals currently in United States". Perhaps you don't fully understand the word "all". By the way, "all" is far more reaching than just a few million undocumented folks along the US' southern border.

There will always be illegals...
How is that even possible under your plan? In future, I suggest you don't make such sweeping, definitive statements that can't possibly be supported - because even a single exception will make you look like a fool.

Ian
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

But your saying no visitor leaves the USA and that is just not correct the majority probably entered via that unguarded mexican border. I never said there would be no more illegals. With greater enforcement, border security and guest worker program there would be a lot less opportunity for illegals to enter the country, remain free and work illegally. There will always be illegals but I don't think the numbers would reach these level again. Without the work being there for them or accessiable to them they won't go to america.
Most tourists go back home around 18 million Canadian and 15 million Mexican visitors legally visit USA every year.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
In fact, you did... when you wrote: "Deportation of all illegals currently in United States". Perhaps you don't fully understand the word "all". By the way, "all" is far more reaching than just a few million undocumented folks along the US' southern border.

How is that even possible under your plan? In future, I suggest you don't make such sweeping, definitive statements that can't possibly be supported - because even a single exception will make you look like a fool.

Ian
All of them would not be deported of course such a task would be near impossible but a very great number could be if ice got it's finger out. The goal of deportation would be an ongoing process it is not an overnight plan I can't click my fingers and make them vanish I am not Q off star trek am I?. It would take a long time for the enforcement aspects of that plan to bare fruit. But in maybe 10 years America could have maybe a million illegals. Would you consider a million illegals in the U.S ten years from now good progress?. No plan could ever promise no illegals I don't care what you say.

If think your so smart Ian you put a plan for immigration reform into this thread and see if you could come up with something better than me and you know more than me about those issues. I made that up in one minute.

Last edited by johnnybrown532; Nov 22nd 2014 at 7:56 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

All of them would not be deported of course such a task would be near impossible but a very great number could be if ice got it's finger out. The goal of deportation would be an ongoing process it is not an overnight plan I can't click my fingers and make them vanish I am not Q off star trek am I?. It would take a long time for the enforcement aspects of that plan to bare fruit. But in maybe 10 years America could have maybe a million illegals. Would you consider a million illegals in the U.S ten years from now good progress? With the border security enhanced perhaps by form a fence along mexican border and anchor baby situation maybe all but kicked into touch? Guest worker program to invite migrant workers to come in legally? Would you consider that good progress not perfect but better than what they have now.

If think your so smart Ian you put a plan for immigration reform into this thread and see if you could come up with something better than me and you know more than me about those issues. I made that up in one minute.
Yes.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Perhaps this will give you a clue...

There is a well-known story about a beachcomber walking along the shore of the ocean. There were thousands of crabs washed up on the shore, and now, in the sun were dying of dehydration. But the beachcomber spotted a little girl throwing the crabs, one by one, back into the sea. He said, “You know, there’s thousands of these dying crabs. What possible difference can it make if you throw a few back?” The little girl picked up a crab, threw it back into the ocean and said, “Well, it made a difference to that one.”

So, do you get it yet? You seem to be very vocal about a lot of things about which you really don't have a clue!

Yes, he has. I may not necessarily agree with his methods, but I applaud that he's trying to make a change. It seems that you prefer to sit back and simply criticize.

Ian
+1 million to what Ian said.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

:
Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yes.
**** you. Guess I am banned now then....

Last edited by johnnybrown532; Nov 22nd 2014 at 8:18 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I made that up in one minute.
It's 'plane' to see...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.