Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Obama's Executive Order

Obama's Executive Order

Old Nov 22nd 2014, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama's Executive Order

Originally Posted by johnnybrown532
:

**** you. Guess I am banned now then....
You ****in' with me you ****in' with a P.I.M.P.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You ****in' with me you ****in' with a P.I.M.P.
Shaking my boots!
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Shaking my boots!
Same here.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

All of them would not be deported of course such a task would be near impossible...
No, that is not what you said. Let me refresh your memory: "Deportation of all illegals currently in United States". Your solution: all illegals.

I can't click my fingers and make them vanish I am not Q off star trek am I?
However, you expect ICE could do it "if ice got it's finger out". What the hell do you think they've been trying to do? It's just so easy to sit back and decree from on high what you think needs to happen... but you don't have the first clue as to how to accomplish that. Do you think ICE personnel have just been sitting around masturbating?

No plan could ever promise no illegals I don't care what you say.
With respect, I'm not the one who said it... you did - when you wrote "Deportation of all illegals currently in United States".

I made that up in one minute.
That's pretty obvious.

... you put a plan for immigration reform into this thread...
I'll tell you what - if 535 well educated people can't sort it out to everyone's satisfaction, it'd certainly be hubris on my part to suggest something as simple and as flawed as your plan seems to be. Knowing what has to be done is pretty easy; putting a working plan in place is far more difficult... and what about unintended consequences and/or collateral damage? How do you control for that?

Ian
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 12:33 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bewildering
Although i do not know the details.
I know the details, you've got to have an approved I-140 then your H-4 spouse can apply for an EAD. It's not for all people on H-1B.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 12:36 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zerlesen
Do we know if that's still the plan,
That's the plan: "Finalize a rule to provide work authorization to the spouses of certain H-1B visa holders who are on the path to lawful permanent resident status." So you've got to have an approved I-140 and be waiting on a visa number.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 12:37 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

It is somewhat ironic that he has given a shield from deportation to "5 million illegals" many of whom probably weren't really in that much danger of being deported anyway. So what is the point of it all?
Well because it removes the need for ICE to do it on a case-by-case basis. Just a one shot, grant deferred action to them deal.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 12:44 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by Pete H
Then another 11 million visitors come and stay illegally.
CBP have quite cleverly linked a number of databases together now and it's hard to do that without them figuring out you've done it. ICE has been using this system to track down overstays over the past few years.

The whole reason this has become such a big deal is because of all the money poured into enforcement has made it hard to be in the US illegally.

Back 20 years ago, you could just get an SSN card marked "not valid for employment" then people would overlook that on the I-9 as the penalties were not enforced and you could also get a DL, so it was quite easy to be in the US illegally.

Then in 1996 they passed a law that stopped the issuance of SSNs unless you could show legal presence, also they started cracking down more on employers by increasing the penalties for lying on I-9.

Then after 9/11 States started cracking down on who they issued ID to, and the REAL ID Act also made it much harder to get ID.

Also huge numbers of BP agents were hired and fences built. And CBP and ICE linked their databases together and also the "secure communities" program got jails to send details on to ICE.

This is all having a major effect on illegal aliens.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 1:19 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Attached Thumbnails Obama's Executive Order-yeswecan.png  
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 4:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think illegal aliens and those out of status are being confused.

The administration has made it very clear that their focus is on those with significant criminal histories.

I do not get the impression that many are seriously concerned about being deported.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:01 am
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No, that is not what you said. Let me refresh your memory: "Deportation of all illegals currently in United States". Your solution: all illegals.

However, you expect ICE could do it "if ice got it's finger out". What the hell do you think they've been trying to do? It's just so easy to sit back and decree from on high what you think needs to happen... but you don't have the first clue as to how to accomplish that. Do you think ICE personnel have just been sitting around masturbating?

With respect, I'm not the one who said it... you did - when you wrote "Deportation of all illegals currently in United States".

That's pretty obvious.

I'll tell you what - if 535 well educated people can't sort it out to everyone's satisfaction, it'd certainly be hubris on my part to suggest something as simple and as flawed as your plan seems to be. Knowing what has to be done is pretty easy; putting a working plan in place is far more difficult... and what about unintended consequences and/or collateral damage? How do you control for that?

Ian
How about by doing this a little bit more then? They don't do raids like these anymore do they? Didn't they stop the bus operations a couple of years ago I think remember reading that they did. 582 detained in a single raid. You would be facing 6 mill instead of 12 and you secure the border so they can't comeback else your taking sand of a beach.

An Unfolding Crisis in the Wake of Mississippi ICE Raid - In These Times

ICE Raid Report: Undocumented U.S. immigrants face checks on Amtrak, Greyhound (Miami Herald c/o Montreal Gazette)

Ok I put a word in wrong I am not a lawyer. Currently should have been taken out.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How about by doing this a little bit more then? They don't do raids like these anymore do they? Didn't they stop the bus operations a couple of years ago I think remember reading that they did. 582 detained in a single raid. You would be facing 6 mill instead of 12 and you secure the border so they can't comeback else your taking sand of a beach.

An Unfolding Crisis in the Wake of Mississippi ICE Raid - In These Times

ICE Raid Report: Undocumented U.S. immigrants face checks on Amtrak, Greyhound (Miami Herald c/o Montreal Gazette)

Ok I put a word in wrong I am not a lawyer. Currently should have been taken out.
The reason the US has undocumented workers is that business owners want the cheap non-unionised labour.

May we ask whether you actually have any experience of living in the USA?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 9:47 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

The reason the US has undocumented workers is that business owners want the cheap non-unionised labour.

I'd argue that like most prosperous countries, the US has undocumented workers is because people migrate there in search of a better life, even if they cannot do it legally.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Hell yeah and all so they can make more profits and until you get a real deterrent in there for employing illegal workers the situation will never change. Why after the regan amnesties of the 80s did they not concentrate far more on enforcement and border security from that point forward to prevent that situation from occurring again. It would have been a different playing field if they had.

I have never fancied living there to be honest. Daughter did internship in 06 nyc mountbatten when bush tried his path to citizenship which would have included people like her as well even though she wasn't illegal all the j1 and f1 would have been covered. That didn't get through yet all those political watchers thought it had a real chance that was the best plan of all of them. She worked at the resort shop from Grand Canyon for a summer with Bunac a couple of years before that. I went over to see her and saw a woman who must have been late 70s at least working on the shop floor probably for health insurance and that just put me off it right there. And too many nutters with guns as well

Last edited by johnnybrown532; Nov 23rd 2014 at 10:16 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 10:00 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I think illegal aliens and those out of status are being confused.

The administration has made it very clear that their focus is on those with significant criminal histories.

I do not get the impression that many are seriously concerned about being deported.
Lies, damned lies, and Obama’s deportation statistics - The Washington Post
From the Washington Post, not exactly a Right wing wingnut Sarah Palin lovin rag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.